Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by inkygirl
Posting here in case anyone else is flying to or from Yellowknife through Edmonton or Calgary starting November and wants to be similarly proactive. I'm also open to suggestions about whether what I did was wise or unwise. :-)

Debbie
Losing YZF-YEG and YZF-YYC is really strange. YEG is the classic northern route and YVR is the new addon. There must be something strange going on with plane availability because the loads have been high on all three flights.

This is going to make travel through winter very challenging. Hopefully another airline steps into the void. Maybe Air North will reconsider cancelling the direct YOW and YYZ flights over winter.
Adam Smith and inkygirl like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
I'm sitting in MCO lounge trying to get back home before storm.

I hear announcements for AC2097 from MCO to SJO. Why is air Canada operating a flight from Florida to central America? I looked it up in the app and its on AC metal FIN102
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
I'm sitting in MCO lounge trying to get back home before storm.

I hear announcements for AC2097 from MCO to SJO. Why is air Canada operating a flight from Florida to central America? I looked it up in the app and its on AC metal FIN102
AC1097 YYZ-SJO diverted to MCO last night.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Maybe Air North will reconsider cancelling the direct YOW and YYZ flights over winter.
Just a few trips over Christmas.

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/220921-4ndec22yyz?rq=yxy

YVR-YZF has operated winter only in the past.

Definitely strange that it's the only choice this winter.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:21 am

Programs: Air Canada SE; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CdnFlier
Losing YZF-YEG and YZF-YYC is really strange. YEG is the classic northern route and YVR is the new addon. There must be something strange going on with plane availability because the loads have been high on all three flights.

This is going to make travel through winter very challenging. Hopefully another airline steps into the void. Maybe Air North will reconsider cancelling the direct YOW and YYZ flights over winter.
The introduction of the YVR-YZF route, in the years before Covid, seemed to me to be to capture the market for Asian J travellers, connecting through YVR, coming to see the auroras. At the time YEG-YZF and YYC-YZF didn't use planes with a J class. It is not a surprise to me as a result that YVR-YZF is the route that survives, as it does seem that tourism is starting to pick up. I guess it is not picking up enough to keep one of the two other routes.
Cloud Lounger likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
AC thus surrenders the local NWT to AB traffic to First Air, who I am sure are delighted with the pull back (and also WS I suppose)
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
YVR-EWR seems to have been upgauged to 788 in November (at least for a couple of my flights that month). At last!
…and now it’s been downgauged back to a 73M.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:42 pm

Programs: hahaha
unclepants and Symmetre like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
YHZ-ERW @ 11:45 departure isn't the most useless flight I can think of.. Probabally pretty good for afternoon connections into the US hinterland as I typically want. And a CRJ is superior to a E14x, but that isn't saying very much. Still, no YHZ TB MLL, so meh. Maybe if I'm actually heading to the NY/NJ area, but if I'm committed to a connection, I'll head to the center of the universe before turning left.

I'm curious how AC is starting this before UA restarted their service. But reading into that is probably for a different thread.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by RangerNS
YHZ-ERW @ 11:45 departure isn't the most useless flight I can think of.. Probabally pretty good for afternoon connections into the US hinterland as I typically want. And a CRJ is superior to a E14x, but that isn't saying very much. Still, no YHZ TB MLL, so meh.
Think it’s going to be a Q400 operating the YHZ-EWR route.
TheViperOne likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
My flights to and from Nashville at the end of November (AC1737 and AC 1738, was 8853 and 8856) switched from a CRJ900 to an A319 and are now Rouge. If you go to book online for those dates, it shows a combination of AC Express and Rouge flights. Not sure if this is transitional or it will continue like that.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:28 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
just noticed YUL-LAX is an A330 now. What is the reason? Increased demand? From what I recall only US flight to get widebody service is FLL as there is clear all year round demain, but LAX? Impressive.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Oct 6, 2022 at 6:07 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by royal757
btw, just noticed YUL-LAX is an A330 now. What is the reason? Increased demand? From what I recall only US flight to get widebody service is FLL as there is clear all year round demain, but LAX? Impressive.
YYZ-LAX used to be a B767. Maybe it stopped with COVID or maybe it was earlier? Perhaps they needed the widebody because of all those Hollywood films shot in Toronto. I recall sitting next to Linda Hamilton on one of those flights.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 5:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by stimpy
YYZ-LAX used to be a B767. Maybe it stopped with COVID or maybe it was earlier? Perhaps they needed the widebody because of all those Hollywood films shot in Toronto. I recall sitting next to Linda Hamilton on one of those flights.
Always about revenue return. Right aircraft right route. Customer loads/revenue and/or Cargo.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:10 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by royal757
just noticed YUL-LAX is an A330 now. What is the reason? Increased demand? From what I recall only US flight to get widebody service is FLL as there is clear all year round demain, but LAX? Impressive.
Pre-COVID, YYZ-LAX, YYZ-SFO, YYZ-LAS on rouge, YYZ-PHX on rouge, YVR-EWR... Nothing at all unusual about widebodies on longer TB services. Some of those multiple daily widebodies depending on time of year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.