Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2022, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am booked YYZ/BGI/YYZ in February and hold out hope that this stays as is. Looking at loads ,seems to be moderately strong.
The YSB cnx have had multiple flight cancellations and date changes from AC . Now driving to YYZ as it is just easier and will cancel the YSB cnx.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by I'llMissCP
More from ACV https://vacations.aircanada.com/en/travel-advisories

TEMPORARY DESTINATION SUSPENSION

January 5, 2022In light of the current pandemic context, Air Canada will be suspending some flights to Sun destinations from January 24 until April 30, 2022.

Suspended destinations include Antigua, Aruba, Samaná, Curaçao, Exuma, Grenada, Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo, Bermuda, Grand Cayman, Havana, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.

To help ensure that Canadians are not stranded abroad, Air Canada plans to operate a number of one-way commercial flights from affected destinations in order to return customers at the suspended destinations to Canada.

Any travellers affected by the temporary suspension of the above listed destinations will be issued a full refund. Our team will be contacting any impacted customers and processing refunds in order of departure date. Eligible customers will receive an invoice as confirmation of their refund once it has been issued.

Please note that existing travel restrictions, including providing proof of vaccination and of a negative COVID-19 test result before boarding an international flight bound for Canada, are still in effect. It is your responsibility to ensure that you - and any child travelling with you - have all the valid travel documents required for re-entry into Canada. Please visit the Government of Canada website for more details
————
Also reported here https://www.travelweek.ca/news/acv-t...april-30-2022/

ACV temporarily suspends service to 14 sun destinations for Jan. 24 – April 30, 2022

Two points:

1) I had booked flights through a flight pass some time ago- for my wife and I to go to St Kitts and Nevis - at the end of March. The flights were not auto-cancelled when I looked at my flight pass bookings. Nor could I cancel them on the web site - as there have been schedule changes- I had to call the agent to cancel my flights. So beware- you may have to call AC (or your travel agent) to cancel the flights.
2) I sm surprised that this announcement was not displayed on the main AC web site- but only on the AC Vacations web site.
Old Jan 8, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
Have or rather had a fight booked YUL-CUR on 22 February. Punching in the booking reference shows FLIGHT CANCELLED. Not a peep from AC yet. Have a house rented down there that I booked a year ago. That'll teach me!
Still can get there through Miami on AA so there's that I suppose.
Old Jan 13, 2022, 5:46 pm

It looks like YUL-HNL direct (and return) is gone from schedule (now til June). Not zeroed out but cancelled.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Yesterday I had flights cancelled involving the direct YYZ-MSY (which seems to be gone for the foreseeable future), as well as the direct TPA-YOW (also disappeared). It also appears that the direct YOW-YTZ, for which AC had fought so valiantly for years and operated for about three months, is now suspended until April 1.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by politico_pk
Yesterday I had flights cancelled involving the direct YYZ-MSY (which seems to be gone for the foreseeable future), as well as the direct TPA-YOW (also disappeared). It also appears that the direct YOW-YTZ, for which AC had fought so valiantly for years and operated for about three months, is now suspended until April 1.
AC has changed my MSY-YYZ-YVR on Feb 27 to just YYZ-YVR on Feb 28. No mention of how I would make that flight from YYZ...
Old Jan 14, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
AC has changed my MSY-YYZ-YVR on Feb 27 to just YYZ-YVR on Feb 28. No mention of how I would make that flight from YYZ...
Call in, and they *should* be able to rebook including United metal from MSY.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by YOWgary
Call in, and they *should* be able to rebook including United metal from MSY.
That's my expectation. Haven't been jumping on it with any urgency since I expect the UA flight schedule to also be different by the end of February.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Accor Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Mine was on a flight pass, so it did seem a bit bewildering to them...but they ultimately offered options through ORD, IAD, and IAH - all of which (to the point above) included UA metal.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 11:44 am

It seems that AC has suspended their YYZ-OGG flights from Jan 13 till Feb 10

I hope they will start service again. Our trip would be mid. March ...

Last edited by _billy_; Jan 16, 2022 at 11:53 am
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
When I went to Maui in Nov cases were much lower. The biggest worry I would have, especially going to a $$$ destination like Maui is what would happen if I tested positive! Can be lots of lost condo $$ if happens in Canada or a major surprise cost if it happens there (not even sure how it’s handled there).
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: aeroplan
Originally Posted by politico_pk
Non-stop flights to Florida from YHZ in March and April have also disappeared. I guess we move to Westjet.
Yhztraveller likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jan 16, 2022 at 3:34 pm Reason: Fixed quote
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yhzflyer
Non-stop flights to Florida from YHZ in March and April have also disappeared. I guess we move to Westjet.
YHZ-YYC is also gone from the schedule for Feb/March/April.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive
Any idea what's going on with LHR-YYZ all flights are over $2800 cash booking yet points show as 32K points
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: E 75K
AC Flight Schedule / Cancellations

Good morning,

In two weeks I'm planning to travel from YXJ - YVR - YYZ - MCO for a 7 day trip. Just wondering if many flights are being cancelled these days due to staff shortages and Covid?

I flew YYT - YYZ - YVR - YXJ on Dec 31, 2021 and it was a terrible experience. Many cancellations and delays due to Covid and staff shortages. The travel to and from can really make or break a trip and I'm curious to know how flight schedules have been over the past few weeks.

Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.