Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Old Sep 21, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh I got one email today, but it was about a flight I know I'm going to change, on YVR-SFO.

I did not get an email about this:

And of course the website says "From Toronto to San francisco, you will be seated in Premium Economy cabin instead of Business class" ... which is wrong on so many levels.

Decisions decisions... though I'm curious if I'll be entitled to any kind of refund.

Edit: The morning YYZ-SFO still looks like a wide-body.
The 737/740 rotation still looks like a 787 throughout Nov-Dec-Jan. Perhaps an odd downgauge in November which is when much of the aircraft (heavier) maintenance is carried out.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
A few of my YYZ-YVR or vice-versa in 77Ws have been swapped to 77Ls. That’s fine with me as I still need to fly on 3 more fins in order to say that I’ve flown on all 6.

Several of my AC105s in November have also been moved back from 9:15 to 9:30 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
The 737/740 rotation still looks like a 787 throughout Nov-Dec-Jan. Perhaps an odd downgauge in November which is when much of the aircraft (heavier) maintenance is carried out.
I must have bad luck - one of my downgauged flights is 740.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Yup Dec 22 AC740 downgauged for me. Miserable, but not heading home for Christmas is not really an option.

My AC740 this month was downgauged to A321 so I just cancelled it. Oh well. AC won't be getting any money from me for a latitude FP any time soon with this nonsense.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Table scraps from Aeroplan and AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by bambinomartino
Just upgraded us from PE to J MIA-YYZ-YYC/YEG, for a decent premium (lower than current Aeroplan redemption on website, apparently pricing based on time of initial booking?) the week right before Xmas.

There are 4 flights scheduled that day from MIA to YYZ, first two on 788s and the later 2 on 320s.

Anyone know if that's too great a frequency for that route during that time? I looked at last year's timetable that I had saved on my PC, 3 narrow bodies per day. Trying to know what to expect.
So this week's timetable update seems to only have 3 MIA-YYZ flights, one of the 320s is gone. Also, my YYZ -YEG flight shows as 7M8 on the schedule, but still 321 on the booking and on flight searches. Departure time has also changed for that flight, 10 minutes later, arriving 8 minutes later.

A recent 15-minute change for our outbound to SXM in Y resulted in an email (that came in on Friday, presumably 2 days after the timetable change) and a list of alternative options, some of which were great, tbh, and would have cost multiples of what we paid (all of those are Aeroplan redemptions).

Should I be expecting another "action required" email, or is this 10/8 minutes change too minor? It's a 10-hour overnight layover in YYZ, which is not terrible, but we'll have checked luggage, so it's not ideal either. Would love to be moved to an later morning flight. Or even to one of the earlier wide-bodies out of MIA

Update: We're now on the midday 788 to YYZ connecting to YEG same day, later evening flight on a 7M8. Due to shortish layover was contemplating one of the hotels linked to the YYZ Terminal Link, so saved around $300 there alone. On the initial itinerary I grabbed the last 4 seats at 36k points pp. This one is 122k pp.

Initially the Aeroplan agent said for a minor change like that all they can do was allow free cancellation (mentioned it was a new policy or something). But then... I don't know what happened, I was my usual bumbling idiot (not an act when it comes to this kind of thing), although I had made her laugh when I opened with "I'd like to shamelessly take advantage of a minor schedule change" and then exchanged a few stories about our (mine in the past) phone customer service experiences. At one point she kind of paused, and said, let me talk to the help desk, can you hold. And here we are. Quite pleased, I must say.

Last edited by bambinomartino; Sep 22, 2022 at 10:56 am
Old Sep 22, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
YVR-EWR seems to have been upgauged to 788 in November (at least for a couple of my flights that month). At last!
m.y and asovse1 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:10 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Got "action required" on Monday, but busy with other things, and flight is in November, so did not even open the email (Other AC trip is UA metal plus an AC puddlejumer that seems safe).

Well, got "flight cancelled" email today ......

Seems AC no longer flies YYC-IAH, even the CRJ-900

So, guess I will have to call for a refund (apparently flight to YYC is still there).

Interestingly, according to Google Flights, there is ONE UA flight between the AC and UA hubs while WS has TWO daily flights most of November

OK, YYC is WS hub, but it's amazing to me that WS / DL partnership (WS metal obviously) can manage two flights a day (for now) while *A has one.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Got "action required" on Monday, but busy with other things, and flight is in November, so did not even open the email (Other AC trip is UA metal plus an AC puddlejumer that seems safe).

So, guess I will have to call for a refund (apparently flight to YYC is still there).

Interestingly, according to Google Flights, there is ONE UA flight between the AC and UA hubs while WS has TWO daily flights most of November

OK, YYC is WS hub, but it's amazing to me that WS / DL partnership (WS metal obviously) can manage two flights a day (for now) while *A has one.
Won't help you much for November, but AC is starting YVR-IAH in mid-December.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EmailKid

I believe WS has a contract with one of the big industry players…..
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:20 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
YVR-EWR seems to have been upgauged to 788 in November (at least for a couple of my flights that month). At last!
Yeah, the GA in EWR last week told us that she thought the big birds were back in November. As I was about to get on the wonderful MAX.

Oh well, good for those who frequently fly this route.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: AC E75K
Is anyone aware of any plans to resume YOW-LHR or YOW-FRA at any point?
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Aeroplan, Mileage Plan
Travelling YYZ-SFO:
Got a notification changing AC737 from a 789 to a 78M on 20 Dec 2022. I'm in J so this is very annoying.
Interestingly, my return on AC746 in the new year- Went from a 789 to a 788 and a 20 mins earlier departure. Much more reasonable since its still a "proper" J.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Yvr-nrt

With Japan reopening it’s amazing how quickly AC brought in the 777-300 on this route. It’s still a 789 in October but in March it’s a 777-300
Old Sep 22, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
With Japan reopening it’s amazing how quickly AC brought in the 777-300 on this route. It’s still a 789 in October but in March it’s a 777-300
I wouldn't read too much into it--March could be a placeholder schedule/equipment for now.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
I wouldn't read too much into it--March could be a placeholder schedule/equipment for now.
I am booked in March and it was a 789 so they did change the equipment at some point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.