FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/2064141-2022-schedule-updates-new-cancelled-routes-frequency-equipment-changes-etc.html)

expert7700 Jan 4, 2022 12:33 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu (Post 33869005)
Apparently AC has suspended all its metal to HKG until early March.

guessing this is related to the extra 3+hrs of disinfection required on the ground at HKGEdit: My brain mistakenly wrote about PVG measures while guessing why HKG was suspended

HkCaGu Jan 4, 2022 1:30 am

Originally Posted by expert7700 (Post 33869164)
guessing this is related to the extra 3+hrs of disinfection required on the ground at HKG, that caused the DL flight to turn around in Russia. HKG requires every seat to be individually disinfected before their ground/provisioning staff can clear the flight for new passengers to board. Flying two crews from ICN-PVG-ICN might be cost prohibitive.

I haven't heard of any HKG disinfection requirements, only PVG. FAs can work 16+ hours so a 6-hour ground time at PVG is not a problem. Pilots were the issue. Once you go above ~8 hours, you need an extra pilot, and DL did not have a 3rd ready at ICN that day, while UA routinely had that buffer.

HKGov banned CX YYZ for 2 weeks for carrying too many positive passengers. This should've been good news for AC. But with the nature of omicron, HKG is probably too high risk for AC especially with incompetent GAs. Being too strict, get sued by passengers who lost C$7k in non-refundable hotel booking. Being too lax, get banned by HKGov. Chinese New Year traffic is drying up (you have to arrive HKG by Jan 10 to be let out by Jan 31), and any returning passengers can be flown first by ANA (leaving HK with a Tokyo connection is a lot easier in terms of COVID rules than arriving HK).

capedreamer Jan 4, 2022 4:02 am

I was booked on AC854 YYZ-LHR at 18:30 on Jan 30. Notified a few days ago that this flight is cancelled so they moved me to AC856 at 20:30. Notified again yesterday that AC856 now departs at 22:10.

24left Jan 4, 2022 8:09 am

Further to @HkCaGu's posts about AC to HKG

AC 7 from Jan 2 is on this list

See AC route and dates on page 4 of this chart

aircrashsurvivor Jan 4, 2022 8:17 am

Rouge vs mainline to Florida

For Jan and some of Feb most YYZ to Florida routes are now rouge equipment changed from mainline and some large jets
For some of Feb and March not yet rouge and still
some mid day 787’s would it be correct to assume those will all be changed to rouge as the weeks progress ? Even the mainline 321-200’s ?
I had booked some flights for early Feb and they were all changed to rouge - similar times or cancelled and automatically rebooked on a flight as close as possible but my March flights are still showing as mainline

zorn Jan 4, 2022 8:44 am

YOW-VVR morning non-stop stopped Jan 21 restarts Feb 25.

HkCaGu Jan 4, 2022 9:33 am

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 33869868)
Further to @HkCaGu's posts about AC to HKG

AC 7 from Jan 2 is on this list

https://twitter.com/JournoDannyAero/...37096960339968

See AC route and dates on page 4 of this chart

https://twitter.com/tripperhead/stat...50900083105792

Wow, I wonder why AC also canceled YYZ-HKG. Have crew layover ICN 2-3 days not viable?

MikeAlphaTango Jan 4, 2022 6:25 pm

My travel agent just advised this morning, our flight from HKG to YVR on 9 Feb has been cancelled. We were told it has been rescheduled to 9 MAR. Anyone knows the exact reason for something this dramatic?

24left Jan 4, 2022 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by MikeAlphaTango (Post 33871931)
My travel agent just advised this morning, our flight from HKG to YVR on 9 Feb has been cancelled. We were told it has been rescheduled to 9 MAR. Anyone knows the exact reason for something this dramatic?

@MikeAlphaTango

See posts 15, 17 and 19 in this thread

MikeAlphaTango Jan 4, 2022 6:53 pm

Got it, thanks.
It does not make sense to me that the airlines got banned for carrying to many infected passengers.
If they had followed all procedures and checked all documents prescribed by the governments, why should they be penalized by the stealthy nature of the virus?

nomadic.relief Jan 4, 2022 6:59 pm

I know I am in the 0.01% affected here, but I hate the YVR-YYD schedule ... in winter I have to show up the day before hand and hang around for an extra night +/- day (thank god they have an excellent brewery and brunch place in town). In summer, same bloody thing, though now twice daily in theory. This was not the old twice daily scheduling and has killed several "days off". :mad:

RangerNS Jan 4, 2022 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by MikeAlphaTango (Post 33871987)
Got it, thanks.
It does not make sense to me that the airlines got banned for carrying to many infected passengers.
If they had followed all procedures and checked all documents prescribed by the governments, why should they be penalized by the stealthy nature of the virus?

"Process specification" is a minimum level of not-horribleness. "End result specification" requires providers of a solution to actually stand behind it, while encouraging and allowing innovation.

expert7700 Jan 5, 2022 2:46 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu (Post 33870163)
Wow, I wonder why AC also canceled YYZ-HKG. Have crew layover ICN 2-3 days not viable?

HKG has banned all passenger / cargo flights from: Australia, Canada, France, India, Pakistan, the Philippines, the U.K. and the U.S. from Jan 8th-Jan 20th, citing these as the worst areas of omicron spread.
​​​​​​

​​​​​​Flights from these countries are also prohibited from using the 3rd country transit (crew member change) workaround.

link to SCMP article

Guessing AC is banking on the ban being extended through late winter

Carfield Jan 5, 2022 3:02 am

Originally Posted by HkCaGu (Post 33870163)

Air Canada has pulled all passengers flights to and from Hong Kong from now till March 1.
This news comes even before the news that Hong Kong government announces that it has banned all flights from Canada to Hong Kong for the next two weeks.

Carfield

YOWCDNFF Jan 5, 2022 5:56 am

YOW-MCO taking a break... not operating Jan.22-Feb. 25