Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Looks like SYD is going 10x per week now with 37/38 back on the menu!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ghts-each-week
All of the South Pacific flights are now 789's, including the BNE flight and both flights to SYD. The 789's can do those routes with no issue but I am bit surprised they have removed the 77L with its cargo capacity, Maybe the additional flights, plus the 789's on all the routes makes up for it.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
All of the South Pacific flights are now 789's, including the BNE flight and both flights to SYD. The 789's can do those routes with no issue but I am bit surprised they have removed the 77L with its cargo capacity, Maybe the additional flights, plus the 789's on all the routes makes up for it.
77Ls are being used for DEL with the airspace restrictions

I am sure AC is missing the cargo capacity on 33/34 . Hopefully as more get unconverted from Cargo and the war ends, the 777 will be back on 33/34

I also imagine the addition of 37/38 will bring the seat count closer to 77L's numbers
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: AC SE
Looks like SYD is going 10x per week now with 37/38 back on the menu!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ghts-each-week
For those looking, some of the rewards fares on those new 1:40 PM flights are significantly lower than the 9:30 AM flights, presumably because they are still quite empty.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC 75K
I also imagine the addition of 37/38 will bring the seat count closer to 77L's numbers
The 789 seats 298, and the 77L seats 300. The only difference is the 77L is more premium heavy: 40J24W on the 77L vs 30J21W on the 789.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 9:44 pm
exc

Programs: AC*E75k
I plan tot fly Tokyo-Toronto in May and I see the NRT-YYZ direct, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up right and just book a connecting flight right? I don't think AC has flown direct between Tokyo and Toronto in a long time and I really don't want to be at the whim of AC rescheduling me to a crappy connection and canceling my eups.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by exc
I plan tot fly Tokyo-Toronto in May and I see the NRT-YYZ direct, but I probably shouldn't get my hopes up right and just book a connecting flight right? I don't think AC has flown direct between Tokyo and Toronto in a long time and I really don't want to be at the whim of AC rescheduling me to a crappy connection and canceling my eups.
You won't be at the "whim of AC."
You will be in control of the flights you would like to be put on.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by exc
They also haven't flown to VCE MXP KEF EDI MAN BCN MAD and others for a long time, but at some point, they are slated to restart. NRT is in the plan.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
They also haven't flown to VCE MXP KEF EDI MAN BCN MAD and others for a long time, but at some point, they are slated to restart. NRT is in the plan.

I was indeed able to book AC to MXP later this fall.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC 75K
YVR-DEL flights suspended beginning June 2nd until early September due to the closure of Russian airspace.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...elhi-1.6410917
Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
For a short period of time, AC ran YYZ-EZE nonstop. Are the loads to EZE not sufficient to support a nonstop flight?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Apr 7, 2022 at 7:43 pm Reason: Edit to reflect thread move
Old Apr 7, 2022, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This was for a flight in the summer, so I don't think that has anything to do with it.
I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss. Russian overflight rights are likely not coming back anytime soon and this past week they’ve scheduled the 77L on YYZ to DEL to avoid the technical stop in Dublin like has been occurring since the closure of Russian airspace (especially westbound). It seems like the 77L for this has came off of YYC to FRA. It’s an upgrade anyways in J…
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:12 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
For a short period of time, AC ran YYZ-EZE nonstop. Are the loads to EZE not sufficient to support a nonstop flight?
If they were, surely AC would be running it.

Originally Posted by bakersdozen
I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss. Russian overflight rights are likely not coming back anytime soon and this past week they’ve scheduled the 77L on YYZ to DEL to avoid the technical stop in Dublin like has been occurring since the closure of Russian airspace (especially westbound). It seems like the 77L for this has came off of YYC to FRA. It’s an upgrade anyways in J…
(a) They also recently pulled the 77L off the SYD schedule, (b) the DEL flights won't consume the entire 77L fleet, which typically operates at least some flights to Europe, and (c), this is a years-long pattern of AC scheduling 77L and replacing it with 789. So I don't see how you can state that they changed the YYC-FRA schedule so they could use a 77L for DEL.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
If they were, surely AC would be running it.

(a) They also recently pulled the 77L off the SYD schedule, (b) the DEL flights won't consume the entire 77L fleet, which typically operates at least some flights to Europe, and (c), this is a years-long pattern of AC scheduling 77L and replacing it with 789. So I don't see how you can state that they changed the YYC-FRA schedule so they could use a 77L for DEL.
Considering it was changed the same day 77Ls went permanent I’d say there is a good chance there is a relation (I’ve also got a flight change notification). The DEL flights are upwards of 15 hours some days so it’ll consume a majority of the fleet. Probably run a few yvr-yyz in between for utilization. I’m not arguing part C - it probably is just filler as it’s a long enough and sells enough business class that it's a decent aircraft on the route worst case for them, but that is all speculation.

Last edited by bakersdozen; Apr 8, 2022 at 10:12 am
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:19 pm
exc

Programs: AC*E75k
Originally Posted by tracon
You won't be at the "whim of AC."
You will be in control of the flights you would like to be put on.
I understand but I guess my concern is that I would be put on a flight with no R space despite having a confirmed upgrade at this time. Confirmed eups are not honored upon rescheduling right?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 10:27 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by exc
I understand but I guess my concern is that I would be put on a flight with no R space despite having a confirmed upgrade at this time. Confirmed eups are not honored upon rescheduling right?
Please see the eUpgrade thread, such as the discussion following this post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.