Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Old Dec 28, 2022, 8:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Adam, we don't use the M word around here. It was a sale
My mista... sale.
D582, canadiancow, YOWgary and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:04 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Why did no one think to try to organize a BKK Do back when the "flash sale" fare was on?
I think there were attempts but nothing crystalized. It would have been one heck of a DO in BKK if almost all of the members from the forum there were present
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
I think there were attempts but nothing crystalized. It would have been one heck of a DO in BKK if almost all of the members from the forum there were present
Even with as popular as that fare was, I doubt that hundreds of people would have been able to coordinate that kind of a Do.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by recreationaltimetraveller
Does "currently on their way to Thailand" count?

Can you wait until the 6th?
I'll be in Bangkok on the 6th and 7th, currently in Thailand on a flight pass not a mis sale....
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Why did no one think to try to organize a BKK Do back when the mistake fare was on?
The BKK thread got locked. Due to schedule changes, for many folks a DO could still be organized..... Unsure if it is worth moving some of these recent posts in a new thread for potential DO?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Currently enjoying a few beverages at the Fairmont YVR, and thinking the world is overdue for another DO around this fireplace.

I could do Feb 3 or 4 if it suited people.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Currently enjoying a few beverages at the Fairmont YVR, and thinking the world is overdue for another DO around this fireplace.

Feasible; on my calendar as tentative.

I also know a certain bovine who only has a couple months left to use 4 FP credits.
Nitehawk and YOWgary like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by expert7700
The BKK thread got locked. Due to schedule changes, for many folks a DO could still be organized..... Unsure if it is worth moving some of these recent posts in a new thread for potential DO?
If there's momentum for a Do, someone should start a Do thread.

Count me as a maybe. I still have 8 Sun pass credits to burn up before end of April, so might be more inclined to head for warmer climes around then.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Shout out to YOWgary for this incredible resort recommendation in Ko Pha-Ngan, double shout out for the Travel Zoo deal.
D582, canopus27 and Adam Smith like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:22 pm

Shout out to YOWgary for this incredible resort recommendation in Ko Pha-Ngan, double shout out for the Travel Zoo deal.
He's a good dude.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:09 am

He's a good dude.
He's also taking the news of said resort's awesomeness especially hard as his YVR-YOW has had to go-around and divert to Pearson due to extreme winter conditions.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:39 am

He's also taking the news of said resort's awesomeness especially hard as his YVR-YOW has had to go-around and divert to Pearson due to extreme winter conditions.
Just close your eyes and imagine you're in Thailand?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:11 am

That's not working, but at least I can have a giggle at my new favourite flight itinerary of 2022:

Old Dec 31, 2022, 9:07 am

Moderator note: with the 2023 thread now active, time to draw this thread to a close.
expert7700 and painintheuk like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.