Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 21, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Old Jul 12, 22, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC 35K, WS Rewards, DL SkyMiles, UA MP, Priority Pass, AMEX MR, NEXUS, H-Honors Silver, M-Bonvoy
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Tomorrow I'm eligible to apply for a name change to americancow
Absolutely. Not. Allowed.
vernonc, vancouver25k and yyztozag like this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 5:51 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
RangerNS likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
The MSP types seem to have won.

Anyone need a crumudgeony Unix greybeard who wants to travel?
Old Jul 12, 22, 7:32 pm

Reminds me of this
vernonc likes this.
Old Jul 12, 22, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Well, obviously the world operates on EDT, so I have submitted my application.

If all goes well, the name change will go through in 18 to 24 months.
Old Jul 13, 22, 8:44 am

Programs: AC E50K *G - Amtrak SelectPlus
Well, obviously the world operates on EDT, so I have submitted my application.

If all goes well, the name change will go through in 18 to 24 months.
N400 taking that long on the west coast? I know many here that had it within a couple months. I'm not there yet myself.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 10:17 am

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pprrff View Post
N400 taking that long on the west coast? I know many here that had it within a couple months. I'm not there yet myself.
Okay I'll be honest, I just googled it and looked at the first result. I have no idea. Not that it matters, since I can't do anything about it.
Old Jul 13, 22, 10:33 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I will admit that I had to look up what an N400 even was. And, Google being clever, it offered up the search results that it felt were relevant to me at the time.

It took me a moment to realize that the Cow was probably not talking about neuroscience and event-related potentials in EEGs. My learnings for the day, I guess.
Old Jul 13, 22, 10:43 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Okay I'll be honest, I just googled it and looked at the first result. I have no idea. Not that it matters, since I can't do anything about it.
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/home

80% in 16.5 months for SFO

Seems the grass is greener for foreign cows joining via the Montana office - 10 months
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 22, 11:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Plat, DL PM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/home

80% in 16.5 months for SFO

Seems the grass is greener for foreign cows joining via the Montana office - 10 months
Not many flight options from Montana though.
Old Jul 13, 22, 12:08 pm

Well now that they've "received" my application, we can stop speculating.

Estimated time* until case decision:
approx. 13 months

*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary.
Old Jul 14, 22, 1:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Plat, DL PM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Well now that they've "received" my application, we can stop speculating.
Well, we can speculate on the actual time
expert7700 and canadiancow like this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 4:49 pm

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7j2ShHsN2Bi4fggU9

He's so derpy. He climbs up the big "scratching post", but then doesn't know how to get down. At least this time he went down one level before jumping.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 5:28 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Easy, call the Fire Department. That's what they live for.

And, well, do I need to say it - firemen.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 15, 22, 11:14 pm

Tonight's project at Smith Cocktail Lab was coconut liqueurs, Malibu vs Clment. So far, Malibu seems to be winning handily. Two clear victories, and another where it was slightly ahead.

We also snuck in a little comparison of Bols vs Giffard blue Cuaaos, which was won handily by Bols. The Giffard one has a very nice, strong orange flavour, but it didn't play well with the other ingredients in the one cocktail where we compared them.

A great illustration of how choosing the right liqueur can make a massive difference to the end product. In the cocktail with coconut liqueur, pineapple juice, and blue Curaao where we did a little 2x2 grid, the one made with Clment coconut and Giffard blue Curaao was almost undrinkable, whereas the one with Malibu and Bols blue was pretty nice.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread