Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .995 MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm sorry, did I miss this? Did something interesting happen during a SFO in-flight do?

Congrats on a 1000 posts!
As far as I can remember canadiancow expert7700 and DrunkCargo took over the PA system and sang karaoke (Rock Lobster by the B-52's). We thought it was great, but an FA thought it was off-key and filed a complaint.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canopus27
I'm sorry, did I miss this? Did something interesting happen during a SFO in-flight do?

Congrats on a 1000 posts!
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
As far as I can remember canadiancow expert7700 and DrunkCargo took over the PA system and sang karaoke (Rock Lobster by the B-52's). We thought it was great, but an FA thought it was off-key and filed a complaint.
There are more than one "SFO in-flight DO" experiences. We need to start categorizing them by "incident type".
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Finally took my first vacation of four days last weekend.
I went from the most detail-oriented, advanced planner to last minute YOLO moves, all thanks to Chinese airlines not jacking up prices last minute.

First Time:
- Booking a flight at 2am for a 8am depature
- Getting to the check-in counter at the airport 10 minutes before the cut-off
- Booking a hotel after getting to the city (also managed to convince Hilton front desk to let me experience what Gold status would be like with them as I still had my Marriott Gold)
- Paying for a "Sky Couch" upgrade before taking-off (and getting a full row myself)
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So YVR (near airport) do tonight? I'm coming in on 567. Can't go too late because I have an early flight.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:07 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So YVR (near airport) do tonight? I'm coming in on 567. Can't go too late because I have an early flight.
I can be in YVR on pretty short notice, but not that short!
canadiancow and YYC3722 like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:09 pm

Sorry wasn't online last night to see this!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Well Rogers going down for cell and internet is causing chaos. Quite a few companies have a unplanned long weekend.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:22 pm

So uh maybe YVR do tonight depending on 8279?
Nitehawk likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So uh maybe YVR do tonight depending on 8279?
No. Not enough notice. Didn't we just go over this?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:05 pm

Okay I'm definitely overnighting and I think my TD gives me $1k for "reasonable" restaurant expenses if anyone wants to go out.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:09 pm

Okay I'm definitely overnighting and I think my TD gives me $1k for "reasonable" restaurant expenses if anyone wants to go out.
At this rate, are you even sure you're going to make it to YVR tonight?
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
At this rate, are you even sure you're going to make it to YVR tonight?
I've been texting with a coworker who left Moncton for Vancouver in the morning Atlantic time and is still in Toronto so... fair point.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:33 pm

Okay assuming I actually make it out of YLW, I am definitely not leaving YVR tonight. So... mini do?

Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I like to think that I am reasonably creative, but I'm pretty certain that only two of these three things makes for a decent cocktail:

But I am open to other opinions.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:19 pm

I think only on one of those three things is a good cocktail ingredient. Though if you forced me to choose two, it would be the two on the right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.