The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Wikipost is Locked   Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 31, 21, 1:44 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tcook052
Wiki Link
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 30, 22, 5:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Yeah, I have decided that if someone is seated in J or PE and has not yet figured out what happens when a plane takes off or the laws of gravity, then they should have a practical lesson. Last time I grabbed onto my seatmates bottle to prevent it from sliding into Y while he blissfully carried on watching his movie.
If you can reach it without pulling something, you are likely in the splash zone, and it's in your best interest to help yourself out.
smallmj likes this.
Old Jun 30, 22, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .90MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by RangerNS View Post
If you can reach it without pulling something, you are likely in the splash zone, and it's in your best interest to help yourself out.
Wait, you are still alive? After posting that pic on Facebook of your partner sitting on the outhouse toilet I had assumed you were now dead
Old Jul 1, 22, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by Yhztraveller View Post
Wait, you are still alive? After posting that pic on Facebook of your partner sitting on the outhouse toilet I had assumed you were now dead
That was actually a historical reference, because yes, I too thought it was a suicide post until I noticed the date. Miraculously he lived years after the original post. Though reposting might be tempting fate.
Old Jul 1, 22, 2:22 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by WaytoomuchEurope View Post
Some people would be saddened or feel lonely with what Iím doing. Me? Love the fact Iím drinking beer in a recliner about to watch Elvis all by myself.

Well, I have you beat!

Here I am in Abu Dhabi at the Hilton Resort, in a beautiful suite overlooking the pool, the bay, etc and I am also all alone!
After booking that Qsuite with Qatar I thought let's see how bad flying Ethiad in Economy, in the last cabin, would be like..........NEVER AGAIN!
II am booked in J all the way back home through europe! lol
WaytoomuchEurope likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 1, 22 at 3:08 am Reason: Profanity
Old Jul 1, 22, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief View Post
That was actually a historical reference, because yes, I too thought it was a suicide post until I noticed the date. Miraculously he lived years after the original post. Though reposting might be tempting fate.
It's annual reposting. Just growling now.

Everyone else thinks it's adorable.
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jul 2, 22, 2:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC .90MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Why do I have to tuen off my electronics??

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeeON...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Old Jul 2, 22, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I built something for my cats.

Old Jul 3, 22, 6:58 am

Why do I have to tuen off my electronics??

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeeON...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Nice cameo right at the end there...
​​​​​
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jul 4, 22, 11:14 am

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
And I was in Europe. 11/12 of my flights were late (8/12 if giving the airlines their fake 15-minute buffer). The flights that were late were all at least half an hour late. When one of my flights was delayed by 2 hours, I was only saved from misconnecting, on a 2-hour connection, by the inbound for my next flight being an hour late. Security was a nightmare at AMS, where the baggage hall was littered with unclaimed luggage. CPH was also very bad for security, and even worse for luggage. Everywhere I went, both the departure and arrival boards were littered with far more huge delays and cancellations than they normally. FlightAware frequently showed the warning that flights were experiencing 30+ minute delays in both arrivals and departures for major airports across Europe. One evening, I overheard a passenger complain to an OS GA at VIE about our severely delayed flight, and the GA told her she should just feel fortunate to be getting out of VIE that night, given everything else that was going on.

Things are a mess here, definitely, but let's not pretend this is a uniquely Canadian problem just because the US isn't as much of a disaster.
Sorry, did you say you did 12 segments this weekend?!
Old Jul 4, 22, 11:26 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Duff76 View Post
Sorry, did you say you did 12 segments this weekend?!
Indeed! It was a long weekend, left late Wednesday night, got back late last night.
Old Jul 4, 22, 11:44 am

I have been on FT for 6.5 years and am just now reaching 1,000 posts.

I had wanted to make my 1,000th post something meaningful, but then I realized that the vast majority of my 999 posts have been meaningless, so why start now.....

I have met some cool and interesting people, and had some interesting experiences (SFO in-flight Do!!!!).

Here's hoping that 6.5 years from now I'll be retired and just flying for fun with my 50k status for life!
yyznomad, Nitehawk, ffsim and 11 others like this.
Old Jul 4, 22, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Saw herons feeding at Stanley Park the other day.
There were a bunch of us staring upward towards several nests.
Old Jul 4, 22, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
I have been on FT for 6.5 years and am just now reaching 1,000 posts.

I had wanted to make my 1,000th post something meaningful, but then I realized that the vast majority of my 999 posts have been meaningless, so why start now.....

I have met some cool and interesting people, and had some interesting experiences (SFO in-flight Do!!!!).

Here's hoping that 6.5 years from now I'll be retired and just flying for fun with my 50k status for life!
I'm sorry, did I miss this? Did something interesting happen during a SFO in-flight do?

Congrats on a 1000 posts!
Yhztraveller likes this.
Old Jul 5, 22, 2:01 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Saw herons feeding at Stanley Park the other day.
There were a bunch of us staring upward towards several nests.

.........and?
Old Jul 5, 22, 2:25 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018/19/20
That is way cool. Is he enjoying it?

Search this Thread