Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2022, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just drove a couple hundred km and could not believe how much force the wind was exerting on the SUV. I had to be really careful if there was a vehicle in an adjacent lane.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Super windy today near YTZ. Got sandblasted walking around the Island.

Canopus35 would have loved the breeze.
Yep quite windy today.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Super windy today near YTZ. Got sandblasted walking around the Island.

Canopus35 would have loved the breeze.
I'm in
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
How did this get buried down on on page 3??

It's possible I have made a personal enemy of the CEO. This may not go well.

But the alternative is getting fired for accepting concierge help when egencia is oh-so-willing to "help" me rebook.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RangerNS

But the alternative is getting fired for accepting concierge help when egencia is oh-so-willing to "help" me rebook.
What happened?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
What happened?
New, or as he says, old but now enforced travel policies.

Forbids booking through anything but the corporate portal, and mandates the corporate card.

​​​​​​While claiming this is good for us.

Everyone in the field is mad. It's possible consulting leadership will stand up to the ex-engineer for once.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
It used to be a bigger deal, but happy 4/20 to everyone.
Nitehawk, yyckerr and WesternCDN like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Thanks to some clandestine work by HerpaYvr and generous SD Julie I just got to geek out in the cockpit of fin 850. Like a kid in a candy store.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 7:41 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat

Egencia is almost useless at least for me. Our account is based in the US and my flights are booked in USD. They cannot even get the fare/family classes coded properly. I book flex on egencia and it is actually standard. Plus the long hold times to get 'help'. I think they also increased their fees for rebooking using a AC travel credit to $35. Given my complaints, our in house travel coordinator has offered in the future to book my tickets directly on AC using the company cc. In flex. But thats an exception for me.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vernonc
Egencia is almost useless at least for me. Our account is based in the US and my flights are booked in USD. They cannot even get the fare/family classes coded properly. I book flex on egencia and it is actually standard. Plus the long hold times to get 'help'. I think they also increased their fees for rebooking using a AC travel credit to $35. Given my complaints, our in house travel coordinator has offered in the future to book my tickets directly on AC using the company cc. In flex. But thats an exception for me.
I have been fortunate enough to not have experienced using this platforms, but I am wondering if Concur does a better job at these things... or more maybe relevant... I'm guessing this could also be a large function of those who administer these systems... lack of training/knowledge to properly configure/script specific properties/functionality... or hey, craptastic business requirements.
Or, none of the above and it sucks to suck.
Or, all of the above and it sucks to suck.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
I continue to be able to better the options provided by Concur.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:17 am

The "do it or get fired" deadline is on pause. Maybe it'll be fixed for everyone, or they carve out rules for road warriors.

I'm still pretty bummed it came to basically everyone in the field publicly or privately rejecting the idea. But I suppose I should be happy that descent is allowed, and they did blink.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:20 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
The "do it or get fired" deadline is on pause. Maybe it'll be fixed for everyone, or they carve out rules for road warriors.

I'm still pretty bummed it came to basically everyone in the field publicly or privately rejecting the idea. But I suppose I should be happy that descent is allowed, and they did blink.
I wish you success in this endeavor. I recently received flak for booking through the Travel Agent instead of Concur despite proving the deficiency of Concur.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I have been fortunate enough to not have experienced using this platforms, but I am wondering if Concur does a better job at these things... or more maybe relevant... I'm guessing this could also be a large function of those who administer these systems... lack of training/knowledge to properly configure/script specific properties/functionality... or hey, craptastic business requirements.
Or, none of the above and it sucks to suck.
Or, all of the above and it sucks to suck.
It is my understanding (which could be completely wrong) that Concur who is owned by SAP has partnered with Expedia. So the pricing, flights, cars, hotels, etc is Expedia engine and the link to Concur allows linked submission of expenses and approvals with less paper submission and manual intervention. So likely if the 'shell' is Concur the travel provider is still Expedia.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc
It is my understanding (which could be completely wrong) that Concur who is owned by SAP has partnered with Expedia. So the pricing, flights, cars, hotels, etc is Expedia engine and the link to Concur allows linked submission of expenses and approvals with less paper submission and manual intervention. So likely if the 'shell' is Concur the travel provider is still Expedia.
SAP and Concur go together. I don't know if there is a related non-corporate basic service.

Egencia and Expedia go together. Egencia is the corporate travel "policy engine" on the more general purpose Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.