Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by vancouver25k
Hopefully the only impact on you is having to isolate, and that you're well!
Originally Posted by [color=#333333
Well that sucks. I hope you are feeling mostly okay.
Thanks guys! I am feeling completely fine actually. Just a mild sore throat and a slight cough, nothing major! Got a PCR test this morning to confirm the result and for travel purposes.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:43 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by codfather
Just a mild sore throat and a slight cough, nothing major!
That's good - nothing a bottle of screech can't fix.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Another nice day in the lower mainland today
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Another nice day in the lower mainland today
Are the cherry blossoms out yet?
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
in the places I've been here, yes
like roaming around the residential areas east of Kingsway
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:11 pm

I didn't see any yesterday when I was in the West End. That's normally where they appear first. Have seen a few Plum blossoms though.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Took a nice 15km walk yesterday too.
and than had some Spicy tuna poke at Hula Yaletown
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 12:46 pm

Lots out here in Victoria. Spring has definitely sprung. I even cut the grass yesterday!
Old Mar 10, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
"Airport officials in Toronto say they are expecting Friday to be the busiest travel day since the start of the pandemic as throngs of COVID-19-weary Canadians get out of town for March Break."

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-p...rrow-1.5814243

This is nice to see.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by YOWgary
"Airport officials in Toronto say they are expecting Friday to be the busiest travel day since the start of the pandemic as throngs of COVID-19-weary Canadians get out of town for March Break."

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/toronto-p...rrow-1.5814243

This is nice to see.
Not when vying for upgrade space.
​​​​
Though, if lines are long and folks miss their flights.....
Old Mar 10, 2022, 5:48 pm

It's so weird to be waiting to board a flight and not see any of the load data. I can't even see if my cabin is full. Unfortunately AC does not fly OGG-SAN. My options were limited.
expert7700 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
TIalreadyknewbutneededtoLthehardway: don't leave /ft/Ac : everyone else is aggressively dumb.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by codfather
Thanks guys! I am feeling completely fine actually. Just a mild sore throat and a slight cough, nothing major! Got a PCR test this morning to confirm the result and for travel purposes.
Hope you continue to feel fine. Out of curiosity, we’re you able to get a free PCR test to confirm? Virtually impossible to get a free one in BC even when symptomatic. Fortunately I haven’t gotten Covid yet, but I’d also want to get a PCR test for travel. The paid ones in BC all seem to make you state that you aren’t symptomatic in order to be tested. I imagine people are just lying.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 7:49 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Hope you continue to feel fine. Out of curiosity, we’re you able to get a free PCR test to confirm? Virtually impossible to get a free one in BC even when symptomatic. Fortunately I haven’t gotten Covid yet, but I’d also want to get a PCR test for travel. The paid ones in BC all seem to make you state that you aren’t symptomatic in order to be tested. I imagine people are just lying.
Yup. PCR tests are still free in NL, but I would expect that to change in the next few weeks as all restrictions are lifted. NL never made rapid tests available like other provinces did, so I suspect that is one of the reasons the PCR tests have remained available.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
Yeah, when I got COVID, I figured this would e the one benefit. And everyone I knew kept asking me. But no dice getting a test here if you were symptomatic. Still had to buy the proctored 'home' tests. Well, at least I get Aeroplan miles?
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.