Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2021, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition, 2016 edition , 2017 edition, 2018 edition, 2019 edition, 2020 edition and 2021 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues, status or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs, destinations, in-flight travel tech. or anything best discussed elsewhere on FT may be relocated to that forum as this thread isn't meant to import travel topics to this forum that are better discussed on other forums. FT is an amazingly diverse and large community so members are encouraged to seek out all of its resources.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply here as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Adam Smith & tcook052
AC Forum Co-Moderators
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2022, 3:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
Originally Posted by codfather
So, is it just me that is planning to watch "Turning Red" on Disney+ when it comes out? I feel like I have an obligation to watch it where it is featured on the A220
It's just you.....
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:38 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Yhztraveller
It's just you.....
Okay let me rephrase. Is anyone considering watching it on AC? Hahahaha
painintheuk likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 4:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I might if I'm on a long enough flight sometime.

I have some crappy TCONs coming up in April.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I might if I'm on a long enough flight sometime.

I have some crappy TCONs coming up in April.
I watched the newest space jam movie on a recent TCON and it was nothing like the old one.

wouldn’t recommend
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AC 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold,Hertz something or other, Sandals Sapphire, etc
I have an 8 hr TATL in a couple of weeks, if I can't sleep I will consider watching something else....

Dell XPS 13. Completely maxed out.

I'm really happy with it so far.
Any recommendations for a good 15.6" or larger laptop for less than $1,500 CAD?

Last edited by Adam Smith; Mar 8, 2022 at 10:18 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Mar 8, 2022, 6:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My needs don't fit that price range
YOWgary likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 4:44 am

My needs don't fit that price range
Neither do mine, but I am cheap!
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
I have an 8 hr TATL in a couple of weeks, if I can't sleep I will consider watching something else....

You need to provide a bit more info. Is it for gaming or regular work ? Does it have to have Win10 Pro for corp use. Do you need a graphics card. Any screen preference ? Do you need a flip or touch. Do you need it to be very thin and light or it will not travel much?
Old Mar 9, 2022, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by vernonc
You need to provide a bit more info. Is it for gaming or regular work ? Does it have to have Win10 Pro for corp use. Do you need a graphics card. Any screen preference ? Do you need a flip or touch. Do you need it to be very thin and light or it will not travel much?
Not gaming, work related. Likely does not need Win10 Pro as we do not have corporate servers (small company). Would like flip & touch but not a deal breaker. It travels every day between home and my office and I will hopefully be increasing my travel back to SE level this year. Needs decent graphics and memory as I stream sports quite a bit...
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Not gaming, work related. Likely does not need Win10 Pro as we do not have corporate servers (small company). Would like flip & touch but not a deal breaker. It travels every day between home and my office and I will hopefully be increasing my travel back to SE level this year. Needs decent graphics and memory as I stream sports quite a bit...
If you think you need 16Gb RAM, get it at purchase as some of the thin notebooks may not be upgradeable in the future.
Non flip and touch but with the new OLED screen and AMD R7, 16Gb RAM, 512 SSD and GTX3050 graphics. $1299.
ASUS VivoBook Pro 15.6" OLED Laptop (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050/Windows 10) | Best Buy Canada
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:19 am

If you think you need 16Gb RAM, get it at purchase as some of the thin notebooks may not be upgradeable in the future.
Non flip and touch but with the new OLED screen and AMD R7, 16Gb RAM, 512 SSD and GTX3050 graphics. $1299.
ASUS VivoBook Pro 15.6" OLED Laptop (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H/512GB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 3050/Windows 10) | Best Buy Canada
Thanks! Sadly it is not available locally, and I need it by Friday.... Did I mention that restriction as well??
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott

Saw this email notification go by and thought ah crap, what I did I do now...

But it was just our Circle CI account rep
canadiancow likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Got to work on that muffintop
BC is a great place to reduce said 2MMuffintop.
painintheuk likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:00 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I’ll be on the Do this weekend. In isolation with COVID until next Wednesday.
Well that sucks. I hope you are feeling mostly okay.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 11:07 am

I’ll be on the Do this weekend. In isolation with COVID until next Wednesday.
Hopefully the only impact on you is having to isolate, and that you're well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.