Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Mauritius added as Aeroplan partner

Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Air Mauritius also added as an Aeroplan partner.

https://canadianaviationnews.wordpre...adas-aeroplan/

Initially, Aeroplan Members will only be able to redeem for Air Mauritius flights. Accrual of Aeroplan points is anticipated to be launched in early 2022.

In terms of Aeroplan Flight Rewards on both Oman Air and Air Mauritius flights, please note the following:
  • Flights will be priced based on Aeroplans pricing for partner airlines.
  • Members will be able to book Oman Air and Air Mauritius flights online at aircanada.com, through the Air Canada mobile app, or via Aeroplans Contact Centre.
  • Flights can be combined with flights operated by Air Canada and our other international airline partners.
  • Oman Air flights are eligible for redemption in First, Business, and Economy classes.
  • Air Mauritius flights are eligible for redemption in Business and Economy classes
  • The partner booking fee will apply for flight rewards which include travel on Oman Air or Air Mauritius.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Just got back.
Good airline, good country and most importantly decent availability.

A few things of note.
Check in opens about 3.5 hours before departure. Both ways.
Business Class passengers get a code for 75mb of internet.
Lounge food in MRU is good.
Departing CDG, passengers use the AF lounge.
Flight times to/from Europe are +/- 11 hours.
There's dinner and breakfast. Nothing to eat in the middle. No snack basket. Nothing. Drinks of course are available.
Dinner service is finished within 90 minutes of lift off. Breakfast starts about 90 minutes before landing.
Shouldn't be a big deal as most of us can go 8-12 hours overnight without eating.
The 350 has wider seats than the 330.
Washrooms cleaned regularly throughout the flight.
LHR, MK uses T4. Took about 90 minutes to get to the MLL after the cabin door opened.

Thanks to AE for the opportunity!
Old Aug 9, 2022, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
Just got back.

A few things of note.
There's dinner and breakfast. Nothing to eat in the middle. No snack basket. Nothing. Drinks of course are available.
Dinner service is finished within 90 minutes of lift off. Breakfast starts about 90 minutes before landing.
Shouldn't be a big deal as most of us can go 8-12 hours overnight without eating.
LHR, MK uses T4. Took about 90 minutes to get to the MLL after the cabin door opened.

Ill be flying them in December YYC-LHR-MRU. Whats the baggage procedure at LHR - do you pick them up or are they checked through?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Baggage is checked through.
The connection involves a bus ride, security and passport checks.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by tracon
Just got back.

A few things of note.

Do you have any insight into the bulkhead footwell space on the A330? Planning to fly MRU - LHR and read reviews that the space was a bit tighter than the A350 so was hoping to snag a bulkhead if it meant the footwell was a little bit bigger at least. Haven't been able to find much online regarding this.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:17 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Found good availability for JNB<>MRU in J on a few dates in September. Cool to have been able to book this with Aeroplan. One minor drawback, when booking with Aeroplan, it doesn't seem to be possible to choose seats on the MK website. The PNR loads, seat selection isn't available. Interestingly, one PNR I booked as SA one direction and MK the other, and the SA website let me select seats for both legs just fine. So, just an annoying issue with the MK site.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Found good availability for JNB<>MRU in J on a few dates in September. Cool to have been able to book this with Aeroplan. One minor drawback, when booking with Aeroplan, it doesn't seem to be possible to choose seats on the MK website. The PNR loads, seat selection isn't available. Interestingly, one PNR I booked as SA one direction and MK the other, and the SA website let me select seats for both legs just fine. So, just an annoying issue with the MK site.
Were you not able to select seats during the booking? Pretty sure that's how I've selected seats on MK before. But it does appear that seat selection is not available post-booking via either Aeroplan or MK

Interestingly, I recently booked JNB-MRU on SA via UA, but I was not able to select seats via the SA website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.