2022 Aeroplan Status Privileges

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 11, 22, 11:36 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Smith
Wiki Link
Details of the 2022 status benefits can be found on this page of the AC website.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 28, 22, 4:11 pm

Programs: AC S100K, BW Diamond Select
Qualified for early 100K; no selections available to be made

Just providing an anecdotal experience for anyone qualifying early for (SE )status:

I received 2 status pass, and 20 eupgrade credits for passing the SE 100K SQM threshold, along with 2-3 MLL passes (not sure of the exact amount).

Then I got an email today inviting me to make selections; great, but when I followed the link, no selection button was to be found, and only the above goodies were visible on my dashboard.

I believe @adamsmith mentioned that AC had removed early qualification from its T&Cs, so I guess I will have to be content with these, and being recognized early? I'm not necessarily complaining since my co-pay for international eupgrades is now $0. It just would have been nice to receive 100% elite bonus for the rest of my 2022 flights.

Now I'm wondering aloud if I will even receive 75K elite bonuses.
Old Apr 28, 22, 4:24 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket View Post
I believe @adamsmith mentioned that AC had removed early qualification from its T&Cs, so I guess I will have to be content with these, and being recognized early?
Don't think I posted anything about that. It's not in the T&Cs, which say "Aeroplan Members who reach a higher status level during the qualification year may be eligible for early recognition at a higher Elite Status level." But it's still listed on the benefits page.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Apr 28, 22, 4:37 pm

Thanks for clarifying; I will call AC in a few days and see if anything about early recognition has changed (e.g., if only select flyers get early recognition, and if the customer gets to make the selections or if AC chooses).

I would not have chosen Status Passes or MLL passes had I been given the opportunity (100% bonus and probably 50K for a friend would have been my early recognition picks).

Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Don't think I posted anything about that. It's not in the T&Cs, which say "Aeroplan Members who reach a higher status level during the qualification year may be eligible for early recognition at a higher Elite Status level." But it's still listed on the benefits page.
Old Apr 28, 22, 4:57 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
I would not have chosen Status Passes or MLL passes had I been given the opportunity (100% bonus and probably 50K for a friend would have been my early recognition picks).
Those aren't select privileges, those are just part of the SE base privileges. You can select more passes if you want, whenever the selection actually becomes available.
TTC900Rocket likes this.
Old Apr 29, 22, 5:52 am

I'm sure I saw it mentioned somewhere but can't find it, can you get early recognition bonuses twice in one year (ie 75K and then SE?)
Old Apr 29, 22, 12:06 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
So I have not picked my SE benefits yet for 2022. I am leaning towards 100% bonus miles and 50 eups. I do not need the eups right now as I already have a bunch and am flying J for my next two trips.
If I pick my benefits later on in the year, I assume they credit retroactively i.e I will get 100% bonus on all flights from the start of the year ?
Will the eups have a later expiry date ?
Old Apr 29, 22, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
If I pick my benefits later on in the year, I assume they credit retroactively i.e I will get 100% bonus on all flights from the start of the year ?
Yes, but you run the risk of ending up like all the people who played this game in 2021, scrambling at the end of the year to reconcile their points balances with AC, given the problems with viewing many past transactions. Not sure whether everyone ended up getting all their bonus points in the end, or whether some are still fighting, or have given up entirely.

If you're likely to select that benefit in the end, it's worth assessing the value of the optionality in delaying your selection vs the risk of hassle in collecting the bonus points later, and possibly missing out on some.

(I'm not recommending either course of action, just suggesting some things to consider)
vernonc and kalderlake like this.
Old Apr 29, 22, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I was able to reconcile and get all my bonuses.

I haven't selected yet. I'll probably take 100% and wifi again, but since my wifi is good until October or November, no point doing it now.
vernonc and Adam Smith like this.
Old Apr 29, 22, 1:09 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Yes, but you run the risk of ending up like all the people who played this game in 2021, scrambling at the end of the year to reconcile their points balances with AC, given the problems with viewing many past transactions. Not sure whether everyone ended up getting all their bonus points in the end, or whether some are still fighting, or have given up entirely.

If you're likely to select that benefit in the end, it's worth assessing the value of the optionality in delaying your selection vs the risk of hassle in collecting the bonus points later, and possibly missing out on some.

(I'm not recommending either course of action, just suggesting some things to consider)
I had an issue with with retroactive application of the 100% bonus last year. I ultimately emailed the SE concierge desk and it was fixed within a couple of days. Recommend going that route based on my experience.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 8:09 am

I still have not been able to make my S100K select privileges yet (despite receiving an invitation). Clicking the link brings me to my dashboard, but no button to make said selections. Correspondence was sent to the SE email.
Old May 1, 22, 10:19 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat
Are you looking under “benefits”? It’s not on the front page anymore.
Xyzzy likes this.
Old May 1, 22, 11:22 am

Just providing an anecdotal experience for anyone qualifying early for (SE )status:

I received 2 status pass, and 20 eupgrade credits for passing the SE 100K SQM threshold, along with 2-3 MLL passes (not sure of the exact amount).

Then I got an email today inviting me to make selections; great, but when I followed the link, no selection button was to be found, and only the above goodies were visible on my dashboard.

I believe @adamsmith mentioned that AC had removed early qualification from its T&Cs, so I guess I will have to be content with these, and being recognized early? I'm not necessarily complaining since my co-pay for international eupgrades is now $0. It just would have been nice to receive 100% elite bonus for the rest of my 2022 flights.

Now I'm wondering aloud if I will even receive 75K elite bonuses.
Oh, I am lucky. Aeroplan allowed me to choose benefits and still "choose benefits" button keeps open and allow me to select again I called Aeroplan, they advised not to select benefits again, it may cancel the benefits previous selected. BTW, I noticed there are additional 18 MLL guest passes deposited to my account since I qualified SE late April.
Old May 1, 22, 12:00 pm

Well, things have been wonky, as they also gave me over 1000 eupgrade credits (since clawed back). :P

Originally Posted by CliffD View Post
Oh, I am lucky. Aeroplan allowed me to choose benefits and still "choose benefits" button keeps open and allow me to select again I called Aeroplan, they advised not to select benefits again, it may cancel the benefits previous selected. BTW, I noticed there are additional 18 MLL guest passes deposited to my account since I qualified SE late April.
Old May 1, 22, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by User8181416 View Post
I'm sure I saw it mentioned somewhere but can't find it, can you get early recognition bonuses twice in one year (ie 75K and then SE?)
yes, you can have early recognition bonus for 75K and SE in the same year, but only 10 eupgrade credits for each once you select 35/50 eupgrade from the bundle
Old May 1, 22, 3:22 pm

I've looked everywhere. Will call using the SE line this week as I don't want to lose the 100% Elite Bonus points.

Originally Posted by Tax Dude View Post
Are you looking under “benefits”? It’s not on the front page anymore.

Search this Thread