Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is cancelling a outbound flight from a round trip booking considered a change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2021, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond

I have a trip booked and the outbound flight is YYZ to HKG. The return flight is HKG to YYZ. The round trip is on one ticket booked with Aeroplan. Is it considered a change if I cancel the outbound flight? I found a better outbound flight with another airline.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 1:41 pm

As opposed to a cancellation? In my experience, they'll treat it as a change.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's a cancellation of ticket. You can't simply cancel one part of ticket and get a refund. You have to cancel the whole ticket. You can rebook it, but you'll be paying the current going rate for the return flights and get refund between what you paid for old ticket and what new one costs.

If you were wanting to change to other flights for outbound (not just cancel the outbound) I believe they can keep current return pricing. (Not 100% sure here though)
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
That is extremely dependent on the fares you purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.