Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Purchasing a ticket (with Aeroplan points) for friend not part "family sharing"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum

First off just want to say this is the greatest place for advice, information, tips and tricks for newbies or MMs. Go Flyertalk members

So I have a lot of Aeroplan points and would like to redeem points for my niece (who is NOT part of our Aeroplan family sharing) to purchase her return to YOW ticket in late December and want to know a few things

1) Can I redeem points for her without adding her to our "Family sharing group"?
2) She already purchased her ticket to come from YOW to YYZ and I have a booking reference # can i use any of my Eups to upgrade her? ( forgot to mention i am 75k and have over 100 Eups available)
3) Status pass, I am pretty sure I can extend that benefit on the ticket she already purchased, curious is the Maple Leaf Lounge open in YOW and serving food etc?
4) What else can I do for her with all my usual benefits that I may not have thought of?

PS sorry for the long list, but she is coming to Toronto for reconstructive facial surgery due to a birth anomaly and would like to make her comfortable and feel special as air travel is not typically something she gets to enjoy.

Many thanks
kalderlake likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:14 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by daltimas
1) Can I redeem points for her without adding her to our "Family sharing group"?
You can book a ticket for anyone you want.

2) She already purchased her ticket to come from YOW to YYZ and I have a booking reference # can i use any of my Eups to upgrade her?
Not unless you're flying with her. Only SEs can upgrade people who aren't on the same flight. Please consult the eUp thread for further information.

3) Status pass, I am pretty sure I can extend that benefit on the ticket she already purchased
Status passes require a PNR to apply them, so you can only apply it after booking. Please see the status pass thread.

curious is the Maple Leaf Lounge open in YOW and serving food etc?
MLLs in the time of COVID - re-openings, food, distancing, etc [READ WIKI FIRST]

4) What else can I do for her with all my usual benefits that I may not have thought of?
No.
fbrdky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.