Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/Uber partnership (earn Aeroplan points and AC discount codes for rides or eats)

AC/Uber partnership (earn Aeroplan points and AC discount codes for rides or eats)

Old Nov 13, 2021, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond

Sometimes living less than a mile from several Uber offices comes in handy. (okay, the third office is technically more than a mile away...)

Details to come, but the title is the gist of it.

And before anyone asks, I'm quite positive you'll lose that 20 SQD.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 11:02 am
Original Poster

https://www.uber.com/ca/en/u/aeroplan/

For any 10 rides you take with Uber, you’ll receive a $20 Air Canada credit for your next roundtrip flight booking.
Once you have linked your Aeroplan and Uber accounts, you will earn an Air Canada flight credit for every 10 Uber rides you take (excluding UberPool) in Canada and the United States. The flight credit will appear in your Aeroplan Member dashboard within 6-8 weeks.
Symmetre and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I suppose no reason not to link them together, but $20? That would change anyone's behavior?

Maybe the other way, every $1000 in flights you get $20 in Uber credits?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:52 pm

Earn 1 Air Canada flight credit with a value of $20 CAD (for round-trip bookings) or $10 CAD (for one-way bookings) (each a “Flight Credit”), for every 10 Uber rides (excluding UberPool) taken in Canada and the United States. Uber rides will only count towards the total as long as the Aeroplan Account and Uber accounts are linked. The value of the Flight Credit discount applies to each passenger on the booking. Flight Credits cannot be used for multi-city trips or Aeroplan flight rewards and cannot be combined with any other promotion, coupon, flight credit or voucher whether issued by Air Canada or any third party. Limit of 1 Flight Credit per booking.
I bolded the part that I'm really interested in.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, that was in the title of the thread
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Anyone had trouble linking their AP account with either Uber or Uber eats? With Uber I get an error message saying "Cant link to this loyalty program
at this time" . With Uber eats, you have to login to AP account with password, get the 6 digit code which I entered , then just get the spinning airplane
and says cant login at this time continue as guest.

Tried everything both on phone & website no go. ???
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by muskoka
Anyone had trouble linking their AP account with either Uber or Uber eats? With Uber I get an error message saying "Cant link to this loyalty program
at this time" . With Uber eats, you have to login to AP account with password, get the 6 digit code which I entered , then just get the spinning airplane
and says cant login at this time continue as guest.

Tried everything both on phone & website no go. ???
I've had the same issue for the last month, trying every few days.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
With the recent iOS app update, I see the Uber prompts now appear on my trips. e.g..

I also notified IT that the logos and pages themselves seem compressed. I've seen this before in OLCI, almost as if the display was designed for a larger screen. Not a biggie.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had to update the Uber app, and then try a couple of times to do the link, but eventually it worked.

It looks like no points for UberX, but those do at least count towards the 10 trips for the credit.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
I took my first Uber ride earlier tonight. My 12 points already posted.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Uber / Aeroplan promotion

Has anyone managed to link their Uber account with Aeroplan? When I use the QR code on the Uber/Aeroplan promotion page, it opens the Uber app and then just tells me that it can't link right now (and has said so for several days). There seems to be no way to even ask for the link except through the QR code. Have I overlooked something?

canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 2:17 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Mine is linked. And I get credited pretty much right away too.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature
Has anyone managed to link their Uber account with Aeroplan? When I use the QR code on the Uber/Aeroplan promotion page, it opens the Uber app and then just tells me that it can't link right now (and has said so for several days). There seems to be no way to even ask for the link except through the QR code. Have I overlooked something?

I haven't been able to and i've been trying every few days for over a month.
WoodlandCreature likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:24 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Linked my account on Dec 24th no issue

Took an Uber from MCO to my hotel and my account was updated with 20 points within hours
Took an Uber from my hotel to MCO and my account was updated with 22 points in an hour
All of my non-airport uber rides do not provide points, however, I guess they go towards the 10 rides for my $20

So six rides in three days, I will wait three weeks when in Hawaii to do the other four and see when I get my $20
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, WestJet Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by WoodlandCreature

Did it on the weekend. However the QR code did not work for me. You can go into setting in uber and do it there. It takes you to a screen when it spins and hangs. I left it spinning and hanging for a while. Went to get a coffee. Came back rebooted the phone and it was linked.

I could talk about how the developers at my small little software company would be embarrassed to push such a poor piece of software out to a customer. However our customers would be screaming bloody murder if we did. My only airline customer is outside of Canada so perhaps AC and Uber are more tolerant.

Back on topic, It can be done somehow.
ulyparis likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.