Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/Uber partnership (earn Aeroplan points and AC discount codes for rides or eats)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC/Uber partnership (earn Aeroplan points and AC discount codes for rides or eats)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by Fiordland
Did it on the weekend. However the QR code did not work for me. You can go into setting in uber and do it there. It takes you to a screen when it spins and hangs. I left it spinning and hanging for a while. Went to get a coffee. Came back rebooted the phone and it was linked.

I could talk about how the developers at my small little software company would be embarrassed to push such a poor piece of software out to a customer. However our customers would be screaming bloody murder if we did. My only airline customer is outside of Canada so perhaps AC and Uber are more tolerant.

Back on topic, It can be done somehow.
This all seems to be a matter of luck or some obscure random technical variation. When I go into Uber > Settings and click on Rewards (on an iPhone SE running iOS 15.2), I immediately get this:

You are 100% correct about embarrassment, but neither Uber nor Aeroplan seems to care, even when it's deleterious to their business.

Update on linking Uber account to Aeroplan account: The promotion page with the QR code has changed and the QR code now worked for me.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...rs/uber.html#/

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 30, 2021 at 11:51 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
Aeroplan - Uber Eats cannot link accounts

Hey all,

So the promo for Uber Eats and Aeroplan looks great

https://www.uber.com/en-CA/newsroom/...d-partnership/

But everytime I scan the QR code my app says 'cannot link accounts'.

Any one else get something like this or have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
Try from the Uber Eats app. That worked for me when the AC app wouldn't.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Just found out about this today and tried to link my accounts in Uber settings. Getting the same error as others above "Can't link account". Deleted and redownloaded the Uber app, restarted my phone, didn't help. I have an Android device if that makes a difference. I see above that some folks got this to work on their iOS Uber app.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pigzilla
Just found out about this today and tried to link my accounts in Uber settings. Getting the same error as others above "Can't link account". Deleted and redownloaded the Uber app, restarted my phone, didn't help. I have an Android device if that makes a difference. I see above that some folks got this to work on their iOS Uber app.
I have an Android phone, and had to just try 3-4 times to do it, and eventually it worked. I don't think I did anything differently, because I don't think there was anything I could have done differently.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I have an Android phone, and had to just try 3-4 times to do it, and eventually it worked. I don't think I did anything differently, because I don't think there was anything I could have done differently.
I've tried way more than 4 times on Android and iOS to no avail.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I've tried way more than 4 times on Android and iOS to no avail.
Is it because you were trying to use your dad's SE number?
canadiancow and SearsTower like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Read about Uber+Marriott. Uber+Aeroplan will be the same.
Is the Uber - AC partnership for only for Canada based Uber accounts? When I open the Uber Eats app I only see Marriott.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
So I did Uber from HNL to my hotel and 26 AP points showed up right away. I did two uber trips to get my PCR tests done, have to use a car, so that is ten uber trips and no $20 yet. Uber recognized my 50th trip, but still no $20 because of Aeroplan?
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:50 am

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
No Aeroplan link option in Uber app

Edit. I ignored this post when searching since the title didn't match my question. Looks like I'm not the only person missing an Aeroplan link in their Uber App. Still trying to figure out if this is Canada only vs US as well.

Last edited by bigshooter; Jan 24, 2022 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by bigshooter
Couldn't find anything specific to the Uber partnership so thought I'd start a new post.
This thread was right on the front page... This issue is already under discussion here, so I've merged your post here.

Does anyone know whether the ability to link Uber and Aeroplan is for Canadian Aeroplan members only? I don't have a option for Aeroplan in my US Uber app (I already have Marriott listed though) and when I use the QR code/link I receive "we're unable to link your account to this loyalty program right now".

Anyone else have this issue in the US?
Yes - several others have posted their experiences in this thread, although no one seems to have a resolution yet.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 4:07 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
This thread was right on the front page... This issue is already under discussion here, so I've merged your post here.

Yes - several others have posted their experiences in this thread, although no one seems to have a resolution yet.
Thanks Adam. I ignored this thread because of the title, i should have dug deeper into the conversation topic within the thread.

I actually emailed the author of this article https://thepointsguy.com/news/double-dip-rewards-uber/ and he said he would contact Air Canada for more information. He has US based Uber and AC accounts and was able to link things.

The only other factor I can think of is if the new Chase card allows for this to happen since the Uber points promotion is supposed to be an extension of the original agreement giving Uber Pass for 1 year.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Fraggle Rock
Not sure if this is the best thread - mods move if you please.

Has anyone else had Uber transactions post on their account activity almost immediately, but not be added to their balance?

At first I noticed a one or two day lag. The last Uber transaction posted on January 21, same day as the transaction.

But my balance and EDQ remain unchanged.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Norcanair
Not sure if this is the best thread - mods move if you please.

Has anyone else had Uber transactions post on their account activity almost immediately, but not be added to their balance?

At first I noticed a one or two day lag. The last Uber transaction posted on January 21, same day as the transaction.

But my balance and EDQ remain unchanged.
I have seen a lot of activity on my account but the balances are not adding up. They still have not allowed us to download any info on our accounts so we can verify changes! I wish like the old system we can download the transaction into a PDF or better yet a CVS or Excel file!
Old Feb 1, 2022, 6:52 pm

I didn't see the option from Uber Eats app. I have the same problem, still cannot figure out how to make it work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.