Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Air Canada seats maps to start appearing on AeroLOPA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2021, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

Good news... www.aerolopa.com founder said today that AC is on the list. UA is next but we will hopefully, eventually get something deserving of this forum too. Gotta try to beat out B6 for after UA. OW is pretty much done and onto *A UA. No more SeatGuru garbo . AC.com maps are pretty nice but Aerolopa is SOOO clean with every detail(including windows, door position etc). OW flyers have benefited tremendously. Would be nice adding new seat maps into all the excellent seating guide sub threads on here. The forum deserves it!

He mentioned that B6 has more demand, so if you're interested in AC after UA, PM MOD Prospero stating your interest, help and appreciation
gbongc likes this.

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 16, 2021 at 7:49 pm
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I've made a start on the AC seating plans. A draft of the 40J variant of the Boeing 777-300ER is attached below. From what I have read, seats 14AC/HK and 23ABC/HJK are positioned hard up against bulkhead partitions and consequently offer no recline whatsoever. This bears out when the PE and E rows are spaced out at 37" and 31" respectively. Does this align with your own experience of these seats?

Also, I understand the 28J versions have all been stripped out and are currently operating as freighters. Is this true?

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 4, 2021 at 2:15 am Reason: update draft seat map
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
I've made a start on the AC seating plans. A draft of the 40J variant of the Boeing 777-300ER is attached below. From what I have read, seats 14AC/HK and 23ABC/HJK are positioned hard up against bulkhead partitions and consequently offer no recline whatsoever. This bears out when the PE and E rows are spaced out at 37" and 31" respectively. Does this align with your own experience of these seats?

Also, I understand the 28J versions have all been stripped out and are currently operating as freighters. Is this true?

Row 14 definitely reclines.
Prospero, The Lev, Orcair and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 11:18 am
Original Poster

No 28J config correct. can't comment on row 23 as I haven't sat there
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I am making good progress. The seat maps of the wide bodies are ready with the 777-300ER receiving its second draft.

Airbus A330-300

Boeing 777-300ER

Boeing 787-8

Boeing 787-9

I'll upload the maps onto AeroLopa over the weekend so you can get a more detailed view of each aircraft type. The rest of the fleet will follow during the next few weeks.

Should the old A330-300 config be included? Is it still relevant?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

I'll upload the maps onto AeroLopa over the weekend so you can get a more detailed view of each aircraft type. The rest of the fleet will follow during the next few weeks.

Yes, still relevant, for now.

Oh, and thank you very much for not relying on my grandma or FOTSGs in creating this.
SKYEG likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

you should consider chatting with companies like expertflyer (who is still using outdated inaccurate seat maps when from seatguru) when you’re complete for most major airlines. I can see partnership opportunities! Would be better for everyone too haha
Old Nov 5, 2021, 10:40 am

The four seat maps I posted yesterday have now been uploaded onto AeroLOPA. The older A330-300 config will be added shortly.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:48 pm

The mainline fleet is now covered. Jazz, Jetz, and Rouge will follow.

Airbus A220-300

Airbus A319

Airbus A320

Airbus A321

Boeing 737-Max 8

SKYEG, jmt18325, yyznomad and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:14 pm

The Rouge and Express fleet have now been added
Aselwyn, yyznomad, SKYEG and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:49 am

The 777-200LR has now been added to the portfolio, as this type is gradually returning to service
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:51 am

The 28J version of the 777-300ER has now been added
Aselwyn and SKYEG like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:34 am

For ice hockey stars and WOWYYZ commuters, the Jetz A319 has also been added. 🙂

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.