Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Verification of Canadian Vaccine Requirement for Air Travel (begins October 30)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Verification of Canadian Vaccine Requirement for Air Travel (begins October 30)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
I flew PHL-YYZ-YVR yesterday with an overnight before YVR-YYJ this morning.

At check-in yesterday I provided the negative PCR test results and proof of full vaccination. Arriving back at the airport this morning I checked in with the concierge on whether I needed to provide the proof of vaccination again and was told yes. No big deal I show it and she said she needed print my new boarding pass with ATTC on it and I assumed that was to show we had provided proof of vaccination. I had hoped we could expect to be done with this step.

Of course not, I needed to show the physical proof of vaccination at both at the lounge and the gate. (as TTC900Rocket mentioned)

I hope this will be streamlined over the next few days to something like passport verification. If you show it at the check-in desk you don't need to airside.

dudestir
TTC900Rocket and Davvidd like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 1:08 pm

At YVR right now for a flight to YUL. At online check-in we had to attest to being fully vaxxed but no uploading of proof required. Upon arrival at the baggage drop off, nothing. Nothing through security either. I expect this will all be done at the gate and will update afterwards.’

Update: did not check for vaccine passport at the gate either.

Last edited by illico; Oct 30, 2021 at 1:57 pm Reason: Added update
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:46 pm

Programs: AC 50k, Marriott Titanium
I flew from YOW to YYZ today and they didn't check at the gate. I did the attestation when I checked in online and they checked when I went in to the lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 6:59 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by illico
At YVR right now for a flight to YUL. At online check-in we had to attest to being fully vaxxed but no uploading of proof required. Upon arrival at the baggage drop off, nothing. Nothing through security either. I expect this will all be done at the gate and will update afterwards.’

Update: did not check for vaccine passport at the gate either.
Originally Posted by TV guy
I flew from YOW to YYZ today and they didn't check at the gate. I did the attestation when I checked in online and they checked when I went in to the lounge.
Same experience out of YYZ today - Oct 31
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AC50K, *A Gold, Marriott Titanium (LGE), Hilton Diamond
Sitting in the YYZ Dom MLL right now. Attestation taken online, but at check-in I had to show vaccine proof with ID.

Again, at the MLL proof was required. ATTC on BP - not sure if that means anything to do with this
Old Oct 31, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
I flew YYC-YYZ yesterday, returned today. Did OLCI for both, so had completed the attestations.

At YYC I stopped at the check-in desk to get paper BPs as I always do (having learned from experience that the paper BP trumps everything when it comes to AE disputes). Despite the attestation, the agent still asked me to show proof of vaccination, then wrote a code on my BP. (The code was not "ATTC".)

At YYC lounge, out of sheer habit, I already had my vaccination proof ready and showed it as I scanned my BP. The agent did make a point of reading it, and did ask the people entering after me to show theirs.

At YYC gate, I had it in my hand ready to show. The agent barely glanced at it (she certainly didn't get a good enough look to read it) but she did thank me for having it ready. I did hear her asking the person behind me to show theirs, so assumed they asked everyone who was boarding but don't know for sure.

Departing YYZ today I purposely kept it in my pocket and waited for someone (anyone) to ask me for it. The only person to ask was the YYZ dom MLL agent. Check-in and Gate agents didn't mention it at all, and no code was written on my BP.

Oh, and neither BP had "ATTC" on it, just the usual "PRIO SECURITY".
Old Oct 31, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Checking in online for a YYJ-YVR-YYZ flight and only able to get my first boarding pass saying I need to go to the airport for the second boarding pass. I spoke to concierge and they said that they couldn’t provide until they validated my vaccine status. I suggested it didn’t make sense ro only affect my 2nd pass. They said it should have blocked all my boarding passes until my status is confirmed. Not sure if this is BS or not, but they were pretty insistent this was the new reality until they implement online validation.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Sat YOW-YHZ
Sun YHZ-YOW
Did OLCI for both including the attestations.
Had to show my vaccination proof at check-in both times and again show proof of vaccination at the lounge both times, never at the gate
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:58 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
YUL on Saturday at security they were doing random checks for proof of vaccination. YVR Sunday i went to get a paper boarding pass instead of just the mobile one i normally use and was asked for my proof. got the AATC printed on the boarding pass.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
nada in YYZ this AM
Old Nov 1, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AP AS BA
I recall seeing on the news (or was it FT?) that AC was trying to get CATSA to check for vaccine status while you passed through security screening but obviously that didn't come to.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:43 pm

Flew YKA-YVR and YVR-YXS today after OLCI and attestation and in neither case was I asked to show proof of vaccination.

They did require it at the domestic MLL.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 10:48 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Flew twice yesterday - on first leg was not asked anything at all regarding attestation (no MLL) and no questions from Customs

On return flight, at MLL I had to scroll down in my boarding pass so they could see where it said i had confirmed online
Old Nov 3, 2021, 11:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Flew YYZ-YEG yesterday, and nobody asked about my vaccination status at any point except for entering the lounges.

There was also a row of people beside me without masks & no flight attendant said anything to them until we were landing.🤷‍♂️
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:20 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Update on YQM-YYZ-DOH-MLE.

At check in at YQM they asked for all the vaccination record and negative PCR test. MLE requires an online health registration and that was checked too. At MLL in YYZ, they asked for the PCR test and vaccine record. The process was easy.
In DOH it got more complicated as they were not sure it was within 96 hours, means that it was 96 hours if the first departure and not the last departure. The QR staff had to go back and forth for a while before she would issue a new boarding card. The inflight was not bad as they don't stress on wearing mask if you are sleeping. They insist if you get up from the seat or if you are talking to a crew. The Maldivian Health record is only valid for 24 hours and it is crazy that a lot of fights are more than 24 hours in total if you count the domestic sectors and transfer times at other airports.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.