Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Old Sep 22, 22, 10:32 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by FlyingUsedToBeFun View Post
Anyone else having issues with signing in on the website? Every time I sign in, they require the 2 step verification but as soon as I try to move to another page or book a ticket using AP, I am signed out and need to restart again ...
Originally Posted by grandgourmand View Post
As I posted above...I need to do 2-step verification EVERY time I log in. Every now and then I get signed out when searching on AP, and need to do it again, but that's infrequent.
Yeah... logging in and staying logged in on AC.com is such a frustrating experience:
  • I need to log in every time I visit AC.com. There is no way to stay logged in.
  • Despite having 2FA turned off in my profile, I'm now required to complete 2FA every log in.
  • Roughly 50% of the time, the first (and sometimes, second) log in attempt fails with errors like this.
  • Once logged in, I also get sporadically logged out randomly when navigating across different pages as reported above.
How can this be so hard, AC???
Old Sep 22, 22, 11:55 am

I keep getting SYS12 error, remember there's a way to delete specific AC website cookie in Chrome, but can't find how to do it now.
Old Sep 22, 22, 12:11 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by ecgz88 View Post
I keep getting SYS12 error, remember there's a way to delete specific AC website cookie in Chrome, but can't find how to do it now.
Using an incognito window usually works as well
jerry305 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
I'm trying to make a booking but I get "no flights available" but when I go on the app, same dates, a multitude of flights appear... confusing
Old Sep 23, 22, 11:39 am

Searching for reward flights using PR. Two legs, both: lowest 8.9k + $41/51, flex 14.9k + $41/51 (different taxes each way). I select lowest for both legs. I expect 17.8k + $92ish. My total is 27.2k + $94. The $94 is close enough, but I do not understand where the 27.2k came from.

This was in PY, with one segment each way in Y. Selecting standard Y fare the total seems right. What's going on? Can the 17.8k be booked over the phone?
Old Sep 27, 22, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Still having issues changing seats, even when no eUpgrades have been applied. This is so annoying that the website can't handle something so simple...

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Sep 27, 22 at 2:23 pm
Old Sep 27, 22, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
Still having issues changing seats, even when no eUpgrades have been applied. This is so annoying that the website can't handle something so simple...
Same issue. Never able to change or select seats when flights are upgraded or waitlisted. No issues prior to submitting for upgrades.
Old Sep 27, 22, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I've made a lot of successful seat changes with confirmed and waitlisted upgrades in the past week. It seems quite variable on whether it will work.
Old Sep 27, 22, 4:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by YEGDad View Post
Same issue. Never able to change or select seats when flights are upgraded or waitlisted. No issues prior to submitting for upgrades.
The suggestion I posted in 1037 has always worked for me. But, I agree, it's super frustrating that something so simple doesn't work consistently on an airline website!
jerry305 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 22, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by King Chung Huang View Post
The suggestion I posted in 1037 has always worked for me. But, I agree, it's super frustrating that something so simple doesn't work consistently on an airline website!
100%. I stumbled onto that method before seeing your post. Worked for me this evening.
Old Sep 28, 22, 6:10 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by YEGDad View Post
100%. I stumbled onto that method before seeing your post. Worked for me this evening.
Not working for me. Selecting only the original segments, clicking Next through all the segments, removing the eUpgrade request... on the summary page the seats selected don't change and the continue button is greyed out.

Tried multiple browsers on iOS/Windows/Mac, regular vs private mode...

Edit - I'll post to the seat blocking thread, but it seems like 2 passengers on a widebody Comfort booking - I can't choose A and C seats. Call centre agent noticed this, and when I tried on the website, it finally allowed me to change seats as long as I didn't leave a seat between the 2 passengers on the booking. A and C were not allowed.. but AB / BC / CD were allowed.
jerry305 likes this.

Last edited by Jebby_ca; Sep 28, 22 at 6:53 am
Old Sep 29, 22, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM AC SE
COVID-19 entry requirements for an upcoming YYZ-VIE-BKK redemption, courtesy of aircanada.com:

"Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for Austria"

Okay. Good to know.

"Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for Djibouti"

Wait... what?

"Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not required for Thailand"

Let's go back one, shall we?
jerry305 and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Sep 30, 22, 1:56 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
As a Canadian living in Germany, even though i set my preferred language to 'English' every time I login it is always in German.

Every time I try to look at flights with points, then try to switch to English, the website redirects to 'aircanada.com' and I have to re-login. Its an unending cycle. If I stay in German then it lets me continue, but it never actually shows me any flights. It is 'thinking' indefinitely.

Example - It usually times-out or exits from this:

Sometimes it drops me back to the 'booking' page, but signs me out first every single time. There is no way to book any flight with points.

Maybe If I use the app instead, or a VPN based in Canada somewhere...
Old Sep 30, 22, 2:20 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Multi-segment bookings with points are no longer possible? The Android app seems to allow points bookings, but not the website. But no multi-segment option.

Last edited by vanabb; Sep 30, 22 at 2:21 am Reason: content
Old Sep 30, 22, 3:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
I can't eup anything. Error 803, I think. I also can't see upgrade availability for the return segment of a roundtrip flight when making a points booking.

Search this Thread