Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2020, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
AC did a very poor job of preserving content from the old Aeroplan site. I recognize wanting to get the new site up and running, but it has been hard to find certain information relating to, say, policy announcements. Google searches often still point to the old site, but clicking the link typically takes one to a page on the new site that's somewhat related but doesn't answer the question.

But some good points from the transition!

AC's idiotic 2FA can now be turned off!!!!!

Not sure when exactly this was introduced, but presumably sometime after they nuked the old Aeroplan site.

See "Account security" under My Profile.

This is the MVP of 2020 for this thread.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by yyznomad
This is the MVP of 2020 for this thread.
yeah i can't tell you the last time my google or microsoft accounts asked for a 2fa code because they use a fing cookie so i don't do it every 15 min. come on AC i would love to use 2FA but can we get our accounts to stay logged in

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 11, 2020 at 5:34 pm Reason: Profanity
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Long time, no post... dropped from a long time elite to no status over the last 2 years, so it's been... a while. Hooray for visa fun and and the virus.

Anyway.

Has anyone had miles not post (for me, two flights, one being AC849 on 5 December, P fare), and when you go to submit a missing miles request, it rejects it and says "We were not able to process your request for missing points. Please contact us directly for assistance."? I also recieved an email and the reason given for the rejection is simply: "Unfortunately, we were unable to credit the points because: This retro claim is invalid.". Gee, thanks.

So I phoned Aeroplan up, and they basically said "looks like you should not have been rejected, no idea why. oh well. wait until 8 days after you fly the return, and try again.". What? Is this some quirk of the new system? (This is my first flight since the new system came into use.)

I'm getting strong "I'm boned" vibes from the call centre reaction.

This should perhaps be in a different thread, or its own posts - mods, please move it if appropriate.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 1:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Originally Posted by D404
Has anyone had miles not post (for me, two flights, one being AC849 on 5 December, P fare), and when you go to submit a missing miles request, it rejects it and says "We were not able to process your request for missing points. Please contact us directly for assistance."? I also recieved an email and the reason given for the rejection is simply: "Unfortunately, we were unable to credit the points because: This retro claim is invalid.". Gee, thanks.

So I phoned Aeroplan up, and they basically said "looks like you should not have been rejected, no idea why. oh well. wait until 8 days after you fly the return, and try again.". What? Is this some quirk of the new system? (This is my first flight since the new system came into use.)
So I managed to get the connecting (domestic) flight credit via the web UI, but now it claims AC849 has already been credited (it has not)... wut. Call centre helpfully said "sorry, I have no idea, try tomorrow". Great.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 3:20 am

Aeroplan contact form

Hi,
Apologies if this has been answered before but is there an online form to contact Aeroplan to submit supporting documents? Old website did have this functionality but in the new one the closest thing I have found is Air Canada customer support, which seems to be only on AC flights. Thanks
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
Apologies if this has been answered before but is there an online form to contact Aeroplan to submit supporting documents? Old website did have this functionality but in the new one the closest thing I have found is Air Canada customer support, which seems to be only on AC flights. Thanks
@Mister P.
I only found this AC and Aeroplan page showing this info. I didn't check if any of the options would lead you to where you want to go. I would also suggest a call to Aeroplan and see if they know

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...r-support.html

Last edited by 24left; Dec 15, 2020 at 9:01 am Reason: spelling
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:48 am

Thanks, I also came across that site. If you click on the "Send us an email" (Air Canada) it takes you to the AC customer support form, which seems totally unrelated from Aeroplan. I might have to call directly.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 2:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Thanks, I also came across that site. If you click on the "Send us an email" (Air Canada) it takes you to the AC customer support form, which seems totally unrelated from Aeroplan. I might have to call directly.
AC customer support form is a joke, they say they will respond within 30 days, the response I got at 40 days later was a blank email with the persons name and some formatting codes, I replied asking what is this and still no reply to that.
Old Dec 27, 2020, 1:53 pm

Does anyone know why the "change seats" button is greyed out on my booking? I booked through an OTA, but even then, just a few days ago I was able to change seats on aircanada.com. Is there a problem with my booking?
Spoiler

Last edited by oreomilkshake; Dec 27, 2020 at 3:00 pm
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Choose a flight

URL is https://akamai-gw.dbaas.aircanada.co.../1725_EAST.pdf

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>2020-12-24T0515/J_CABIN/1725_EAST.pdf</Key>
<RequestId>7Y0R0YEKEX8Y3WBT</RequestId>
<HostId>TteQpJWfjvSTnQyrogm4EnsuW0qEZ2vIlQsF5CG55c yHnQsnHGgFz+x0JO9cUXmTtmnFrAm1QYM=</HostId>
</Error>

Well, ok then. Weird egg nacho in the MLL is it. 🍌
Old Jan 1, 2021, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA S, Bonvoy Titanium
Small one but on AC.com when you load an itinerary, next to the passenger name it loads Aeroplan status, the SVG resource it's trying to load doesn't exist for 100K SE (https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...ader/Elite.svg) but one does for 100K (https://www.aircanada.com/content/da...eader/100K.svg) so the page loads with a broken image.

Seems to load fine for other statuses.

Old Jan 5, 2021, 7:34 pm

The manage my booking page on Air Canada's website no longer shows the ticket numbers of each passenger when viewing a booking.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hoipolloi
The manage my booking page on Air Canada's website no longer shows the ticket numbers of each passenger when viewing a booking.
Does the cowtool?
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Does the cowtool?
of course
Old Jan 7, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: AC50K 1 MM, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, NEXUS, BW Diamond Select, IHG Spire Elite
Anyone able to login to the aeroplan side and pick their 2021 choices?
I keep getting this message:

We are not able to retrieve your profile information at the moment. Please try again later.
We are not able to retrieve your profile information at the moment. Please try again later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.