Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Posted about this a week ago... screen images here.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34078905-post758.html

I don't think it's possible to buy.. I tried.

Surprised it's still there.

Ron.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:07 pm

Programs: Grandma's Clean Plate Club
Damn, sorry. Thanks for letting me know, I can go to bed without worrying I'm missing out on something.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:39 am

Programs: AeroPlan
Getting this message today attempting to sign in form multiple browsers:

{"message": "Internal server error"}
Old Mar 22, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Seat19k
Getting this message today attempting to sign in form multiple browsers:

{"message": "Internal server error"}
Yup - same. Tried incognito window in Chrome and get login and email verification code, doesn't actually log-in after providing code - re-try results in "Internal Server Error" or just goes round-and-round back to not logged-in page.

Android app is working (mostly?).
Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by robsaw
Yup - same. Tried incognito window in Chrome and get login and email verification code, doesn't actually log-in after providing code - re-try results in "Internal Server Error" or just goes round-and-round back to not logged-in page.

Android app is working (mostly?).
Following up on my own post with resolution.

Totally deleting all cookies, cache and stored data will probably work - but - not wanting to do that, I used the Chrome Developer mode to flush and hard reload all cached pages and data for every webpage encountered from aircanada homepage to the various login pages, prompts along the way.

Last edited by robsaw; Mar 22, 2022 at 3:13 pm Reason: clarify
Old Mar 22, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: AeroPlan
And just waiting a while fixed it for me
Old Mar 23, 2022, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Everytime I try to access my bookings I get this error:

We are temporarily unable to process your request. Please try again later. (err-7)ERR_LDR

The bookings show up, but clicking on any of them I get this. App works fine. Been like this for a couple days now. Probably the cookies/cash, but it's frustrating.
A week later, multiple cache empties and re-starts - still the same issue. Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?

Funnily enough, it even shows something completely wrong:

"Boston BOS
to Vancouver YVR
Nov 10Depart
Vancouver YVR
to Boston BOS
Nov 15Return"

That is NOT the booking I was trying to access. In fact, I don't even HAVE a Vancouver-Boston booking NOR do I have any bookings in November?
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:41 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I would to think that whoever created the error code for this pop-up on AC.com has a sense of humour:

Or maybe just a lack of imagination. Not sure.
YYC3722 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
This is more of general AC IT issue, not the site per say, but I don't want to open a new topic for it, so I post it here.
I have an Aeroplan reward booking to the old country. The reservation is for YXU-YYZ-VIE-KSC return flight. The last iteration was departing on July 14. AC8260->AC886->OS741. Obviously, OS741 was departing on July 15. Today I found an email saying action required. Asking to confirm the flight change to the same flight numbers. Except AC8260 and AC886 are departing now on July 15 and connecting to OS741 on...wait for it...July 15. Who the hell wrote the software that will rebook an itinerary like this?
Sadly, this is not the first time something like this happened to this itinerary. The original itinerary was YXU->YUL->VIE->KSC. Departing on July 14, arriving next day. But then they changed it. At the first glance it looked like a small change, OS74 departing 5 minutes earlier. However, there was a date change too and suddenly OS74 is departing 23 hours and 55 minutes later.
This is becoming annoying. I already started to think about stopping to fly AC, but currently there is no viable replacement. So I will try do get the maximum from the SE status that I'll have for the next 21 months.
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: AC 25K, Aeroplan Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
This is more of general AC IT issue, not the site per say, but I don't want to open a new topic for it, so I post it here.
I have an Aeroplan reward booking to the old country. The reservation is for YXU-YYZ-VIE-KSC return flight. The last iteration was departing on July 14. AC8260->AC886->OS741. Obviously, OS741 was departing on July 15. Today I found an email saying action required. Asking to confirm the flight change to the same flight numbers. Except AC8260 and AC886 are departing now on July 15 and connecting to OS741 on...wait for it...July 15. Who the hell wrote the software that will rebook an itinerary like this?
Sadly, this is not the first time something like this happened to this itinerary. The original itinerary was YXU->YUL->VIE->KSC. Departing on July 14, arriving next day. But then they changed it. At the first glance it looked like a small change, OS74 departing 5 minutes earlier. However, there was a date change too and suddenly OS74 is departing 23 hours and 55 minutes later.
This is becoming annoying. I already started to think about stopping to fly AC, but currently there is no viable replacement. So I will try do get the maximum from the SE status that I'll have for the next 21 months.
I’ve got a booking in July travelling SPU/CPH/YYZ with a 23.5 hour layover in CPH. Looking at My Bookings yesterday I noticed an alert message next to it, no email message saying there was an issue. Only by closely examining the booking do I notice the “+1” next to the arrival time is missing. Looks like the CPH/YYZ segment is not in the schedule anymore, so the system conveniently brought it forward 24 hours and I now have -30 minutes for the connection. Clicking on the “Find alternate flights” button brings up a message saying nothing is available even though there are a bunch of options if you search for a new flight. I’m not sure how their code gets past testing.
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:49 am

Not sure if this belongs in this thread, or in an AP thread, but the complete fare rules when making a Latitude Aeroplan booking says name changes are allowed. The Aeroplan Flight Reward Policy says name changes are not permitted once a flight reward ticket is issued. Not sure which is true...

Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:21 am

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but I can't seem to find Latitude fares (cash, not points) from YYJ-ATH this fall. There is just Basic, Standard and Flex in Economy. If I chose Flex, then the return offers me Standard, Flex or Latitude. If I choose Basic then I'm offered Basic, Standard or Flex on the return.

Any idea why this won't work?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:29 am

Is it not possible to book latitude fares for international flights on AC.com? I've been looking several destinations in Europe from May-Sept and all I see for economy fares are basic, standard, and flex, and no "see latitude fare" link like there are on domestic flights. Can't say I've ever really looked for latitude fares before so not sure if this is an IT issue or just the way it is, but I've got a companion pass from my AP visa card and was thinking I'd use it for a latitude fare I can instantly upgrade.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by laner
Is it not possible to book latitude fares for international flights on AC.com? I've been looking several destinations in Europe from May-Sept and all I see for economy fares are basic, standard, and flex, and no "see latitude fare" link like there are on domestic flights. Can't say I've ever really looked for latitude fares before so not sure if this is an IT issue or just the way it is, but I've got a companion pass from my AP visa card and was thinking I'd use it for a latitude fare I can instantly upgrade.
Maybe they're finally fixing the Europe - Canada lat fare "sale" (and in typical AC fashion, to fix it is to break it)? I always thought those fares looked suspicious (for example, applying coupons to them made them thousands of dollars more expensive, and sometimes the Lat fare costs less than the Comfort fare).
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:01 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by laner
They are back now - this morning just the return, (for my YVR-LHR itin) then a few hours later the o/b too. So I managed to use my companion pass to get two latitude fares and instantly upgrade.
BUT the price was up $800 - not shown on the booking options page, only when I got to the next step, and it is due to carrier surcharges (I guess related to fuel costs). I though that the price displayed is meant to be the final cost?
Anyhow - It's still a good deal for the use of the latitude pass/instant upgrade so I completed the booking.
painintheuk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.