Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Old Nov 26, 20, 11:52 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Originally Posted by PointWeasel View Post
I was having that issue when using Google Chrome.

Not having a problem using either Safari or Firefox.

Curiously, I have no issue with any other airline worldwide expect for Air Canada...

Thank you, was thinking about Chrome as well - will try Firefox.
Old Nov 27, 20, 2:27 pm

Another issue I've found. I'm the primary cardholder of a TD Aeroplan card, linked a secondary cardholder to their Aeroplan number at aircanada.com/linkmycard. Displays "Credit Card Holder" on website/app.

I subsequently removed the secondary when I product switched to the Privilege card, weeks later it still says "Credit Card Holder" on the former secondary's Aeroplan account. Seems to not be syncing the cancelled card and removing secondary cardholder perks/access...

The statement was generated last week so I assumed data would have transferred then.
Old Nov 29, 20, 3:42 pm

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
yep i get that often and just clear my chrome cookies for anything from aircanada.com and then it works. its very annoying that the site logs you out all the time too like come on 15 min timeouts. just stay f***ing signed in
Old Nov 30, 20, 2:52 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Is the website no longer showing Latitude fares for intra-North America? I tried searching a variety of dates (all in 2021) and cities - domestic, TB, and sun - and the desktop website only shows me Standard, Flex, and Comfort.

Using the app, I can still see the Latitude fares, but on the website, even when I use the filter and ask it to show me Latitude, I don't get it.

This happens whether or not I apply the Cyber Monday promo code, so I don't think it's related to that.
Old Nov 30, 20, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
Is the website no longer showing Latitude fares for intra-North America? I tried searching a variety of dates (all in 2021) and cities - domestic, TB, and sun - and the desktop website only shows me Standard, Flex, and Comfort.

Using the app, I can still see the Latitude fares, but on the website, even when I use the filter and ask it to show me Latitude, I don't get it.

This happens whether or not I apply the Cyber Monday promo code, so I don't think it's related to that.
Old Nov 30, 20, 8:30 am

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Can't sign in to ac.com this morning, just getting the stupid plane spinning around and around and around. I'm sure if I delete all my cookies and cache, restart my computer, and re-install my web browser, it will work, but why does this only happen with AC and not any other company I deal with?

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
<the answer>
Ugh. I want to say that wasn't there last night, but it's more likely that my 2AM brain just wasn't functioning very well
Old Nov 30, 20, 8:43 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
I cannot log in either, not to AC nor to Aeroplan. Very frustrating. Tried three different browsers

I just wanted to go into My Aeroplan and Download the new contact numbers but cannot even get that far. Still SE but no luck.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 30, 20 at 8:48 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Nov 30, 20, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Wings100 View Post
I cannot log in either, not to AC nor to Aeroplan. Very frustrating. Tried three different browsers

I just wanted to go into My Aeroplan and Download the new contact numbers but cannot even get that far. Still SE but no luck.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. The really funny bit is that I just went back to my ac.com tab, and even though I never managed to sign in, it was telling me it had signed me out due to inactivity

EDIT: I now get this when I try to sign in:

Last edited by Adam Smith; Nov 30, 20 at 9:01 am Reason: Add image
Old Nov 30, 20, 9:53 am

Programs: Air Canada 50K - Hilton Diamond - Marriott Platinum
Glad to know I'm not the only one. The really funny bit is that I just went back to my ac.com tab, and even though I never managed to sign in, it was telling me it had signed me out due to inactivity

really wish the dam site would just keep me logged in all the time instead of this login every time i want to use the site
Old Nov 30, 20, 5:25 pm

I got the same thing this morning
Old Dec 7, 20, 10:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Can't cancel a flight on the website in Chrome, Safari or Firefox, through the app, through Chrome, Safari or Firefox on the app, and of course the call centre goes to bed early now.

Feh.
Old Dec 8, 20, 10:40 pm

Programs: Eupgrade4Lyfe, Gifted E50K, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Beijing's second airport has been operating for nearly a year now but the PKX airport code is still not yet loaded into the website or the app
I was hoping to redeem some points for inter-china redemption but is effectively locked out from even finding the availabilities.

does anyone know a way around it, is it fair to say even calling in would not make the flight bookable?

And for those wondering, PKX is not a small airport but Beijing's second airport (its like JFK to EWR for NYC), air china has a ton of flights going in and out of the second airport now days/
Old Dec 9, 20, 12:58 am

AC did a very poor job of preserving content from the old Aeroplan site. I recognize wanting to get the new site up and running, but it has been hard to find certain information relating to, say, policy announcements. Google searches often still point to the old site, but clicking the link typically takes one to a page on the new site that's somewhat related but doesn't answer the question.

But some good points from the transition!

AC's idiotic 2FA can now be turned off!!!!!

Not sure when exactly this was introduced, but presumably sometime after they nuked the old Aeroplan site.

See "Account security" under My Profile.

Old Dec 9, 20, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
I had a 5 minute schedule change today. I wanted to acknowledge it so eUpgrades would work.

The website won't pull up my PNR. So I had to call. What a waste of time.
Old Dec 10, 20, 9:41 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
The circling little red plane looks better with the blue sky and white cloud background

Unable to https://www.aircanada.com/clogin/pages/login

Update: Oh, so now we're back to needing Incognito mode. Pffft.

More updates

1. 2FA is back and in the new design. Whatever.

2. This pops up

And then this email showed up.

No, I did not make any changes. I watched the little red plane circle, gave up, used Incognito and logged in.

So?????

Last edited by 24left; Dec 10, 20 at 9:48 am

Search this Thread