Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ehh... if this was happening to one person using IE6, fine.
Perhaps that's the problem - we need to be using IE6, same as the developers
Old Feb 7, 2022, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
.....But it seems to be happening to basically everyone, in every browser. And it's been happening for weeks.....
Well actually....

First sightings of the broken seat maps in this thread were on Oct 31, 2021 in posts by @capedreamer and your reply to him. Page 30 of this thread, posts 445 and 446.

I'm sure it's on AC's to-do list. Will the seat maps be fixed before warm nuts ever return to Dom J or.......tune in next week.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bcnfish
I truly truly cannot understand how it's been months without fixing this. It's bewildering

But it seems to be happening to basically everyone, in every browser. And it's been happening for weeks.

Everyone makes mistakes EVERYONE sees seat selection. How has it not been corrected yet?
Originally Posted by 24left

I'm sure it's on AC's to-do list. Will the seat maps be fixed before warm nuts ever return to Dom J or.......tune in next week.
I think each of us knows the true answer to this seat map IT problem.
💸💸💸

Although I've had broken Y seat map within the last 6 months, you rarely see the Y seat map broken and hardly see a complaint about that here
Why? Because AC sells preferred seats for auxiliary charges 💰💰
It's in AC's best interest to keep that thing working.

J seat map, Why bother spending money to fix a thing where it doesn't earn AC more cash?
Is it smart to chase that extra $60 from kettles and piss off your elites and J flyers? Only time can tell...
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Traveling LAX-YYZ on Wednesday and want to upload my docs to the travel ready hub, but I get this message every time - is it normal?

Old Feb 8, 2022, 9:37 am

My complaint is that the website times out when I try to complete this booking:

Last edited by vancouver25k; Feb 8, 2022 at 10:28 am
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It appears the web site no longer allows to book tickets for UMs. At least with Aeroplan, I did not check for paid tickets, in which case it would not matter anyway. Whwn you specify children below 12, it won't let you and tells you tht you need to phone.

So, bringing grand kids from YYZ to YYC, I phone in. Then of course, booking fee of $30 each applies, in adition to a tootal of $400 of UM fees, plus some more. When I enquired about the booking fee, agent suggested that I could have made a booking with some phony age and then called in to set up the UM thingy

What a joke... Maybe the web site should say that's the way to do it? :-)
Old Feb 10, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like these messed up wide body seat maps have finally been fixed.

At least for these 788/789 which we have bookings on.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:16 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by Stranger

Same for an upcoming 77W flight as well.
Short hair Francis likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stranger

I'm shocked the fine folks at IT finally got around to it LOL 😆

Funny how the system still loads the Older Classic Pod seat maps during booking.

Then reverts to the current Signature Pods seat map at MMB, after the fact.

Originally Posted by 24left
Ok fess up 24left, who spill the beans 😂
Either you got a birdie with hints hints, or somebody sold their firstborn for this "Punxsutawney Phil"-like prediction 🤣

Last edited by Short hair Francis; Feb 10, 2022 at 2:29 pm
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
I'm shocked the fine folks at IT finally got around to it LOL 😆

Funny how the system still loads the Older Classic Pod seat maps during booking.
That's not how the seat map would look with the old XM pods, because they were angled towards the aisles. This map, while you could argue the colour scheme doesn't fit, clearly has the A/K seats angled towards the windows and the D/G seats angled towards the centreline/each other.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
That's not how the seat map would look with the old XM pods, because they were angled towards the aisles. This map, while you could argue the colour scheme doesn't fit, clearly has the A/K seats angled towards the windows and the D/G seats angled towards the centreline/each other.
Sorry my mind is lost in the Blues...
Oddball why 2 seat maps is kept for the same exact thing but at least it works 😂
Old Feb 13, 2022, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange issue with seat maps.

Looking at a flight on a 788, both our reservations show a wide open J cabin. However, when looking at a new booking, (1) it shows only one J seat for sale, OK, must be lots of seats not assigned, happens. However, (2) when looking at the J seat map before selecting a fare, it shows a fully booked J cabin. I.e., one seat for sale while apparently the cabin is full. Or not...

I have never noticed them showing different seat maps at different stages in the process.

Good thing that neither of us is on an upgrade. But anyway, I guess we better check in early. :-)
Old Feb 13, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vancouver25k
My complaint is that the website times out when I try to complete this booking:
Seeing that also, on one computer but not on another.

My guess is, the web site makes some assumptions about cache/cookies/access to some external utilities/tracker or something. Which on one computer I might have disabled access to.

Or possibly because I block cross-origin requests.

I also see error messages about :"no route found for... " a bunch of things. On their web sie, but also googletagmanager and dynatrace.com. Also "windo.ACAI is undefined. Also issues with cache expiration.

THen this:

Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:01 pm
G23

2 years worth of transactions now show up on Dashboard for both app and web
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So when I can get past this (which requires a bunch of refreshes), I can get back as far as December 17 2021. And the app matches that (though it, at least, consistently loads).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.