Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Old Nov 19, 20, 5:45 am

Does anyone know if the amount of time it takes for a completed flight to post has changed with the new Aeroplan? I took a flight on a flight pass on Sunday, still hasnít posted four days later.
Old Nov 22, 20, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
The SQD discrepancy form (https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...repancies.html) only lets you select a date in the future.

Old Nov 23, 20, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr View Post
Does anyone know if the amount of time it takes for a completed flight to post has changed with the new Aeroplan? I took a flight on a flight pass on Sunday, still hasnít posted four days later.
Not sure if anyone else is having problems with seeing flights post to Aeroplan, but I had to manually fill out the form 8 days later. Automatically approved and points/SQD/SQS posted. Weird thing is, the miles posted were under the eUpgraded class - J (with bonus miles) - not the original fare - Flex M.
Old Nov 23, 20, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Not sure if anyone else is having problems with seeing flights post to Aeroplan, but I had to manually fill out the form 8 days later. Automatically approved and points/SQD/SQS posted. Weird thing is, the miles posted were under the eUpgraded class - J (with bonus miles) - not the original fare - Flex M.
I have an upgraded flight that says "Business, J", but it definitely posted with a 15% COS bonus, accurately reflecting the underlying Comfort fare. So double check the math before assuming anything, as while there are definitely some reported cases of people getting the extra miles, YYC-YYZ is 1669 miles, and 15% of that is 250.

Old Nov 23, 20, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
I have an upgraded flight that says "Business, J", but it definitely posted with a 15% COS bonus, accurately reflecting the underlying Comfort fare. So double check the math before assuming anything, as while there are definitely some reported cases of people getting the extra miles, YYC-YYZ is 1669 miles, and 15% of that is 250.

Fair point. My original fare was only 100% and the total miles were definitely over that.
May I ask - how long did it take for your flight details to post to your activity page? My ticket was booked off a flight pass, but 8 days later never posted. Had to fill out the flight missing points form to trigger the posting...
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fair point. My original fare was only 100% and the total miles were definitely over that.
May I ask - how long did it take for your flight details to post to your activity page? My ticket was booked off a flight pass, but 8 days later never posted. Had to fill out the flight missing points form to trigger the posting...
What date did you fly? I had five flights between October 30 and November 9, during the period they stopped crediting anything.

3 subsequently posted automatically, but I had to request the other 2.
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:26 am

What date did you fly? I had five flights between October 30 and November 9, during the period they stopped crediting anything.

3 subsequently posted automatically, but I had to request the other 2.
Nov. 15 was the flight I had to manually request; waiting on the return taken yesterday (Nov. 22).
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:28 am

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
I wasn't going to post about this, but since it was brought up, my UA ticketed, AC flights in the cheap Standard K class (economy), after requesting the points it was posted as:

Air Canada
YYZ TORONTO - YYC CALGARY, Business , J, 2504 pts
2,504 SQM1 SQS153 SQD
bonus pts included

I'm sure AC's IT Team will add it to the list of items to fix..
Old Nov 23, 20, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WannabeSE View Post
I wasn't going to post about this, but since it was brought up, my UA ticketed, AC flights in the cheap Standard K class (economy), after requesting the points it was posted as:

Air Canada
YYZ TORONTO - YYC CALGARY, Business , J, 2504 pts
2,504 SQM1 SQS153 SQD
bonus pts included

I'm sure AC's IT Team will add it to the list of items to fix..
Yeah, my expectation is that this will be fixed, given how wide-spread it is, and I am not counting on keeping any of the points.
Old Nov 23, 20, 3:25 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE100K, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, BW Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I can't even login to aeroplan/ac anymore, redirecting forever
Old Nov 23, 20, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by theBeachBoy View Post
I can't even login to aeroplan/ac anymore, redirecting forever
I noticed that aircanada.com often stops working (infinite loading of the page) and suspect it's due to session/cookie issues.

going to the website from a private browser session fixes the issue
Old Nov 24, 20, 9:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Looks like they have partially fixed the history. I can see 10+ pages of transactions up to last week and back to December 2019. Still doesn't give me last year in the two year view but at least it seems ok for all of this year now. Confusing for some of the unlimited flight pass AQD but I figured it all out eventually.
Old Nov 25, 20, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm able to see 94 entries now. That gets me to the beginning of July.
Old Nov 26, 20, 10:13 am

Programs: Various airline, hotel and credit card programs
Circling in a loop AC - Aeroplan

I have been am Aeroplan member for decades and signed on to new Aeroplan without issues.

When I try to book a flight, I am redirected to AC to choose a booking option using points and then the fun starts - it runs in a loop, telling me that I am not logged in.
But I am, and I can see my balance.

What am I doing wrong?
Old Nov 26, 20, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Vaclav View Post
I have been am Aeroplan member for decades and signed on to new Aeroplan without issues.

When I try to book a flight, I am redirected to AC to choose a booking option using points and then the fun starts - it runs in a loop, telling me that I am not logged in.
But I am, and I can see my balance.

What am I doing wrong?
I was having that issue when using Google Chrome.

Not having a problem using either Safari or Firefox.

Curiously, I have no issue with any other airline online worldwide except for Air Canada...

Last edited by PointWeasel; Nov 26, 20 at 1:30 pm

Search this Thread