Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Old Nov 13, 20, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by knotseh View Post
Does anyone know where the old Promo codes section went? I'm looking for my AC Bistro coupons!
No, but seriously, what's the deal with this?
Old Nov 13, 20, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlY2XS View Post
DW account is still not showing an August flight booked with cancellation credit and upcharge. Won't affect status so couldn't be bothered to chase it down. Puts her MM status 3000 farther away, but don't see her hitting that in our lifetime anyway.
For clarification, came back as "fare class not eligible" when we filed for missing points even though she was seated in J with no upgrade used.
Write in to the address where you can explain it. Send me a PM and I'll respond when I have more time with more details.

Originally Posted by YOWgary View Post
No, but seriously, what's the deal with this?
They said it was going away, and to take note of your codes, but they'd also send you an email with them sometime after the transition.
Old Nov 14, 20, 8:17 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
They said it was going away, and to take note of your codes, but they'd also send you an email with them sometime after the transition.
Totally missed that, thank you.

​​​​​​...anyone got a spare they can lend me until that email shows up? I'll be happy to return one of mine when it does.
Old Nov 14, 20, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver

​​​​​​...anyone got a spare they can lend me until that email shows up? I'll be happy to return one of mine when it does.
I would, but I'm in the same boat as you
Old Nov 14, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: AC75K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold, National EE

YOWgary PM me
Old Nov 14, 20, 10:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I can't book a ticket for my kid.

The dropdown menu for birth year only goes to 2018. He was born in 2019 and will be 2 years old by the time we're hoping to travel in 2021.

Any workarounds or would I have to call in?

I've got no rush since it's almost a year away.

The dropdown menu should even have 2020 and 2021 birth years, since some people do buy seats for infants.

Saving him as an "Additional Passenger" under my profile appears successful, and then passes the month and day of birth, but then the year is left blank and the fundamental problem remains.

On the app, I can't even get to that screen, it gives an unexpected error.
Old Nov 15, 20, 12:11 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by ride red View Post
I can't book a ticket for my kid.

The dropdown menu for birth year only goes to 2018. He was born in 2019 and will be 2 years old by the time we're hoping to travel in 2021.

Any workarounds or would I have to call in?
You could book it online using the wrong birth year, then phone in to fix it at a time when it's convenient for you.

You might want to write in to AC customer service about this issue to make sure they're aware of it.
Old Nov 15, 20, 12:16 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by ride red View Post
The dropdown menu should even have 2020 and 2021 birth years, since some people do buy seats for infants.
Good point, though I'm not sure anyone born in 2021 has a known birthdate yet.
Old Nov 15, 20, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K,Delta Gold,Fairmont Plat,HHonor Diamond, PriorityClub Platinum,SPG Gold
reward with stopover/multi city

Is there a bug on the website? I don't seem to be able to book multi city trip directly online.
do i have to call in for stopover?
Old Nov 15, 20, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by achow View Post
Is there a bug on the website? I don't seem to be able to book multi city trip directly online.
I think it's only available via call center at the moment.
Old Nov 17, 20, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by achow View Post
Did you managed to book stopovers?
Old Nov 18, 20, 4:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Regarding missing points and AQD for unlimited flight pass and also missing entries past four pages, I wrote AC customer relations and got an immediate response with an Excel file attached with all my transactions going back to early 2019.

Interesting to see in their format. My suspended unlimited flight pass AQD do show up as of today. A bit more detail in AC version than in the ones we used to get from Aeroplan but could be confusing trying to piece together what AQD goes with what AQM/purchase when AQD show today in a lump sum for all passes purchased in Jan and Feb 2020.

Anyway, he was helpful and he couldn't understand why all my transactions weren't showing as he has all the ones he sent. He did say there was still a lot of transferring of data going on so the back room data may not be fully connected to the public data somehow (doesn't make sense to me).

I will wait a few weeks and see if this all shows up online eventually.
Old Nov 18, 20, 4:16 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber View Post
... He did say there was still a lot of transferring of data going on so the back room data may not be fully connected to the public data somehow (doesn't make sense to me).
Excel -> CSV -> Postgres (or whatever) takes time.
Old Nov 18, 20, 4:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
The chipmunks are carrying the electrons back and forth.

I did notice that not even my October 2020 and November 2020 entries are online even though they show up in the spreadsheet he sent today.
Old Nov 18, 20, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One thing I've found annoying is that there's no way to just few "qualifying" activity.

I book, change, and cancel lots of rewards. So when I'm just trying to look back at a flight I took, I have to go back a few pages even though it was only 4 flights ago.

I hope there's going to be a way to filter based on activity type.

Search this Thread