Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Website (aircanada.com) Experiences/Complaints/Issues (Nov 2020 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:31 am

Deleted

Last edited by mileageking; Mar 25, 2021 at 2:01 am
Old Feb 26, 2021, 11:40 am

I have the same issue in last 2 days, LAPTOP CHROME. "available for upgrade" or "Waitlist" tags no longer appear

Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
I have not been able to get the system to show upgrade availability for the past 2 days ? When I select "sort & filter" and choose eupgrades and then choose business class, the system then shows all selections as before but "available for upgrade" or "Waitlist" tags no longer appear and when you select the flight it shows points required but not e-ups needed for upgrade. I tried switching browsers but that did not resolve.

Anyone else having this issue ?

CC
Old Feb 26, 2021, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm seeing the same problem in Firefox and Safari, when I search those segments and others individually.

On the dates you listed, AC15 is R9 and AC57 is R2.
Interestingly, when you do the same search as a revenue ticket, the information is available so looks to be a glitch with reward bookings only ?

I am waiting for my rollover eups to flow through before ugrading the flights anyway, but would like to see this sorted out sooner than later..

CC
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Can not login to buy flightpass

I've been trying to buy a flight pass for a couple days using two computers and several browsers. I'm signed in and go to flight pass page, when I click continue to purchase pass I get ERROR CODE : SESSION with and option of login or continue as guest. Then same thing happens. During whole process I'm shown as logged in at top of page. Suggestions? Will call in if I don't resolve.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My first suggestion is always incognito mode.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
Originally Posted by canadiancow
My first suggestion is always incognito mode.
Tried that no luck. So far tried Chrome incognito, Firefox, Edge on two computers and phone. Can I buy FP over the phone?
Can login to my current and old flightpass credits etc.
Update..
This appears to be only for the Alberta Energy and BC Energy FPs. The concierge said the IT team is aware of it and "She has also mentioned that as this continues to be a sporadic issue, you can try clearing the cookies and continue to try once in a while. As this is connectivity, early morning or late night when our website is in a “calm” state may be easiest to purchase.". So far I have made dozens of attempts with every permutation with no luck.

Last edited by folkart; Mar 11, 2021 at 9:59 pm Reason: Update
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:37 pm

I'm getting "Service not found" trying to do any points booking.

This started for me on Saturday night, and is still an issue.

Edit: I removed my KTN from pax details, and I can book. If I add it back, it errors.

Last edited by canadiancow; Mar 8, 2021 at 5:48 pm
Old Mar 8, 2021, 9:09 pm

Resolved.

Last edited by SkyElite; Mar 10, 2021 at 3:36 pm
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: AC 75K (*G), NEXUS
I'm noticing a discrepancy between the available seats on at AC 202, Friday March 19. When I select "preview seats" then the availability of Y seats seems to vary by fare type:

This is the availability that I see for Economy Standard/Flex/Comfort and when I view the seat selection tool under my bookings on the website/app

This is for the same flight when "Economy Latitude" is selected. This same availability is also showing on the app when I view "Seat map" under flight status on the app.

Which one is correct? Can anyone with Expert Flyer please confirm ?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:00 pm

24left provided me with an EF screenshot which seems to match the Latitude availability. I wonder what is causing this discrepancy and which is correct??

Last edited by marke190; Mar 17, 2021 at 7:11 pm
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:16 pm

It's not surprising for EF to show seats as blocked that are bookable with status on AC.com. It is surprising that Latitude is showing fewer available than Flex though.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not surprising for EF to show seats as blocked that are bookable with status on AC.com. It is surprising that Latitude is showing fewer available than Flex though.
They're not necessarily only bookable with status though; I was signed out when I searched the flights and obtained the screenshots from the AC website. Such seats that are only bookable with status are also usually only in the forward cabin i.e. the mini Y cabin on 77Ws.

Since Y class looks to be pretty empty, I'm leaning toward believing the emptier seat map?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 7:39 pm

I just meant it as an example of how you might see different maps in different circumstances.

It's booked 86/125 in Y, but many won't have selected seats.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:11 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Bad news - I have a significant point devaluation tonight:

The good news - I now have a very sexy looking red card. Star Alliance Ruby maybe?

I suspect there's trouble at mill with Aeroplan tonight.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Bad news - I have a significant point devaluation tonight:
Showed ruby earlier for me too but back to black again except still doesn't show MM logo (online and app).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.