Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Updates - frequency changes, resume/suspend routes, etc (Aug 2021 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Wondering how this is useful or helpful. But it makes for great comedy some days.
I should have such "operational constraints".

Old Nov 24, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
Wondering how this is useful or helpful. But it makes for great comedy some days.
I should have such "operational constraints".

To be honest it is all just endlessly tiring. AC really sucks at times...
Old Nov 24, 2021, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
To be honest it is all just endlessly tiring. AC really sucks at times...
Oh cheer up. AC provides endless amounts of entertainment along with their email alerts and what not.

Here, AC is apologizing ot me because their "operational constraints" will get me to YVR 8 minutes early.

I ingored AC's alerts for a while so they sent me an alert reminder, or reminder alert.

In this one, "government entry requirements" is the reason I will arrive 3 minutes later.

Maybe AC could alert me when they swap a 789 for a MAX and my nice Y seat 20G no longer exists.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 2:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by On Time Reports
One of my flights got the arrivals time extended by 5 minutes, departure time is exactly the same, no equipment change. I wonder why this is necessary
I'm surprised you wonder with that username...
EdmFlyBoi and hemustbeaboss like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Oh cheer up. AC provides endless amounts of entertainment along with their email alerts and what not.

- Here, AC is apologizing ot me because their "operational constraints" will get me to YVR 8 minutes early.
- In this one, "government entry requirements" is the reason I will arrive 3 minutes later.
This stops being funny when it becomes clear that the reasons given, simply aren't true.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 7:47 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YOWgary
This stops being funny when it becomes clear that the reasons given, simply aren't true.
At least they don't all say "government travel advisory" anymore
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
At least they don't all say "government travel advisory" anymore
The whole thing jumped the shark when they gave this as the reason for cancelling a flight from Toronto to Ottawa.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
I was booked on a round trip Comfort Fare itinerary that saw a schedule change. The new PDF confirmation shows “Economy Lowest” - A and S fare classes, respectively.

I used the @canadiancow PNR viewer and it shows my original fare classes, so can I take comfort that my original fare class remains as such and it’s typical AC IT hijinks at work?
Old Nov 25, 2021, 10:31 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
The concierges are getting a lot of calls etc regarding all of these changes as most people are not on FT and aren't following the adventures of "HN" or "HK" or "UN"......
I've been on FT a few months now and have not heard of HN, HK, or UN. Which thread should I read up on? Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fbrdky
I've been on FT a few months now and have not heard of HN, HK, or UN. Which thread should I read up on? Thanks.
@fbrdky
It's a lot of reading but this is where those letters (codes) come from. The thread is worth the read. Very helpful. Thank the Cow.

(also see posts 31 and 40)
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-...a-cowtool.html
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 9:21 pm

Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:46 am

I am planning to fly between YYJ and YYZ in March. The direct flights AC 1134/1135 are scheduled to be on an A223 which is great. I am wondering if anyone knows if it is likely that there will be an equipment change or worse, a change to Rouge?

Thx
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by YOWgary

This may be the source of OP's question. I received the same note when booking AC7 the other day.
Are you on this flight?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by loun80
Are you on this flight?
I am, though we're likely to cancel in the next day or two.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I wouldn't count on it.

A while back, they downgauged "all" the noon SFO-YYZ from 789 to 223, making mine on December 18th overbooked by ~25.

Then they selectively upgauged certain flights to a 7M8, fixing that problem.

I think the system is doing large sweeps of gauge changes, and then people are fixing the big problems sometime later.
Many of the days in early January YYZ-SFO are now J0, Y0 with the A223 on the early morning flight. Why wouldn't they run a larger aircraft? Is the fleet really that constrained?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.