Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:33 pm

Can't speak for every month, but menus for March weren't loaded until basically Feb 28th, and the options did change.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC SE
YYC-FRA March 2022

A few recent pics from YYC-FRA. The crab appetizer was quite nice, and the flavours on the short rib were great, although the presentation wasn’t the best. Cranberry orange tart for dessert was quite nice too. Overall quite good. Only main complaint was the packaged croissant with breakfast was inedible.

Getting closer to pre-COVID levels, with just a few minor differences:
  • Still no pre-departure beverage
  • no warmed nuts
  • no hot towels
  • Meals aren’t plated in galley
  • breakfast bread/pastries aren’t warmed

• 24left, am I doing this right?

Old Mar 28, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by gcashin
  • no warmed nuts
  • no hot towels
I did SYD-YVR recently in J and it was pretty much as you said, the one other exception is that dessert isn't back to pre-COVID levels either; I think I had a little cube of cake of some sort. They also didn't have as much out for snacks in the mid galley when I woke up and had the munchies; there were some nuts and a few cans of pop and a bottle of water out for self serve and that was all.

But all in all for my first international travel in 2 years it was pretty close to what I always remembered. The other major difference is that the concierge in SYD was practically overjoyed to have SEs back flying there once again :-)
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

24left, am I doing this right? ........

Beauty! ✈️ And you're in my seat.
gcashin likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:49 pm

A few recent pics from YYC-FRA. The crab appetizer was quite nice, and the flavours on the short rib were great, although the presentation wasn’t the best. Cranberry orange tart for dessert was quite nice too. Overall quite good. Only main complaint was the packaged croissant with breakfast was inedible.

• no warmed nuts
  • no hot towels
I will add to the list on these transatlantic flights that YVR/YYC should feature a heartier pre-arrival breakfast/light meal (and preferably a hot meal) given their longer flying time.

Carfield
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:13 am

FRA-YYC March 2022

Meal on FRA-YYC wasn’t great. Salmon portion was small, and for some reason the salmon had a green hue even though the sauce was white.

Didn’t get a picture of the appetizer or dessert. The light meal before landing was a few slices of deli meat and a fruit cup. For a Westbound daytime flight of over 9 hours where people are likely to be awake for more of the flight, AC should really provide something more substantial for the second meal or a better selection of snacks. Snack basket was basic packaged items like almonds, KitKat, Lindt bars, Miss Vickies.

Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
I did SYD-YVR recently in J and it was pretty much as you said, the one other exception is that dessert isn't back to pre-COVID levels either; I think I had a little cube of cake of some sort. They also didn't have as much out for snacks in the mid galley when I woke up and had the munchies; there were some nuts and a few cans of pop and a bottle of water out for self serve and that was all.
Yes, agreed that the snack selection seemed a bit more basic, as I do recall there was often fresh fruit or packaged sandwiches available pre-COVID.

Originally Posted by Carfield
I will add to the list on these transatlantic flights that YVR/YYC should feature a heartier pre-arrival breakfast/light meal (and preferably a hot meal) given their longer flying time.

Carfield
Totally agree, and I definitely found it more of an issue on the Westbound FRA-YYC, as I was awake for more of the flight and the "light meal" was less substantial than the cold breakfast on the overnight flights. Not an issue on the shorter TATL flights, but totally agree for the longer flights that the second meal should be more substantial.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 5:53 pm

+1 on the pre-arrival meal needing to be more substantial or provide some actual snacks other than chocolate and chips. On LH their snacks include a variety of sandwiches, canapés, fruit, cheese etc. Would love for AC to do the same rather than having to fill up on kitkats (I know that may be contentious here :d)

This is the light meal from yesterdays VIE-YYZ.
Carfield likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Wait, hold up.... if we're talking about how it used to be pre-covid, there was always a pre-landing WB TATL (light) meal that was definitely more than chips and chocolate bars.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium

Getting closer to pre-COVID levels, with just a few minor differences:[list][*]Still no pre-departure beverage[*]no warmed nuts[*]no hot towels[*]Meals aren’t plated in galley [*]breakfast bread/pastries aren’t warmed
Still missing the garlic bread.

Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
But all in all for my first international travel in 2 years it was pretty close to what I always remembered. The other major difference is that the concierge in SYD was practically overjoyed to have SEs back flying there once again :-)
Is Robin still in SYD?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Titanium
The short ribs are on the menu for my flight tomorrow. Are they bone-in or boneless?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
The short ribs are on the menu for my flight tomorrow. Are they bone-in or boneless?
Boneless. And I thought they were very tasty.
YVRtoYYZ, YYC3722 and EdmFlyBoi like this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 7:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by YVRtoYYZ
Still missing the garlic bread.

Is Robin still in SYD?
Last time I spoke to them Robin, Carolyn and Kylie are still there. If you ever met Jonathan from BNE, he moved down to SYD. I can report better when I do my first SYD in 2 years on Saturday. Given my last MEL-YVR was Feb 28, 2020....this is a welcome return .
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wait, hold up.... if we're talking about how it used to be pre-covid, there was always a pre-landing WB TATL (light) meal that was definitely more than chips and chocolate bars.
Chips and chocolate bars and almonds are referring to the snack basket available through most of the flight.

There is a light meal served before landing as shown in the images posted by gcashin and bcnfish ... cold cuts, cheese, fruit, tasteless bun.
Carfield and yyznomad like this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
What’s the status of PDBs these days? Have people been receiving them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.