Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - International (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2021, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm unfortunately generally not a food pic guy*, so you'll have to accept my description.

The "Herb-crusted sea bass, lemon velouté, creamy polenta, carrots with sesame, green beans" out of DEL is, by far, the best meal I've ever had on AC. And I'm an MM. I've flown once or twice.

I generally don't even like fish that much (the chicken didn't sound great and the other two options were Indian, which I've been eating for days).

​​​​​​* I might ask if they have another, and if so, I'll update this post with a photo.

Edit: They only had 4 catered, so I'm out of luck. I guess I'm really glad for meal priority today.
expert7700, The Lev and illico like this.

Last edited by canadiancow; Dec 29, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Old Jan 23, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
If I had known that I would be joining FT and posting pictures I would have gotten a shot of the menu as well on my first AC flight. But some observations on my flight from back in October last year:

1. There were no pre-departure beverages. The nuts were bagged.
2. Asked for the Air Canada signature cocktail (saw from a Youtube flight review video) and the FA said that they aren't doing them again as of yet.
3. The other option on my flight was pasta.
4. There were only 2 options available for the main lunch service. I can see the cost cutting here but didn't mind; the meal overall was good. Nothing too outside this world, just a solid, well-cooked, hearty meal. Another approval vote for the chicken and gnocchi dish though this one was different from what was previously posted. The dessert however was a bit dry; I wish there was a little more liquid or syrup in the tart.
5. I shed a few tears of happiness when the FA served the bread from the main lunch service from a basket instead of just giving me a tasteless lump of plastic-wrapped dough like on my outbound flight on AA in J. The bread on the light pre-arrival meal was still unfortunately wrapped in plastic.

October 26, 2021
AC Flight 891
FCO-YYZ

Carfield, lhrpete and illico like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Your posting is from October, 2021.

Changes have been implemented since.

>Bar Snack has been changed
>4 Main Course Options
>Table Linen
>Plastic lids are removed prior to serving
>Choice of Breads for 1st meal service

The featured desert on your post is a classic Italian Crostatina which is generally a dry cookie-like fruit tart. It could always be "liquified" with some Grand Marnier

Unfortunately the FCO route is on a brief hiatus until March/Early April.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Jan 24, 2022 at 5:51 am
Old Jan 26, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
GRU-YUL
Jan 15
777-300ER

Menu

PDB

Starter

Main

Cheese Plate

Breakfast
Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Your posting is from October, 2021.

Changes have been implemented since.

>Bar Snack has been changed
>4 Main Course Options
>Table Linen
>Plastic lids are removed prior to serving
>Choice of Breads for 1st meal service

The featured desert on your post is a classic Italian Crostatina which is generally a dry cookie-like fruit tart. It could always be "liquified" with some Grand Marnier

Unfortunately the FCO route is on a brief hiatus until March/Early April.
Will the food quality start to improve? I know I beat this to death but some of the recent photos are not appealing…
capedreamer likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
ACYYZ/SD Any plans to bring back warmed nuts in ramekins?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:07 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
YYZ-FRA on 2022-01-19

Carfield likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by briantoronto
Are these popcorn things going to stick around in lieu of returning to warmed nuts in ramekins?

When I first encountered them last November (I think?), an FA told me they were a temporary thing AC was trying out.

I'm personally not a popcorn fan so hope for a return to the warmed mixed nuts.
Carfield and unclepants like this.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 10:36 pm

Bless the SD who’s still trying to enthusiastically sell that Texas chicken like it’s the entrée du jour… 😂
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Are these popcorn things going to stick around in lieu of returning to warmed nuts in ramekins?

When I first encountered them last November (I think?), an FA told me they were a temporary thing AC was trying out.

Funny this. WS has truffled popcorn in J. Hmmmm.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 10:58 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Bless the SD who’s still trying to enthusiastically sell that Texas chicken like it’s the entrée du jour… 😂
Hah! For me it was all that was left. Have to say that it did taste better than it looked..
Old Feb 27, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: AC E75K, MR/SPG Plat Ambassador, UA G
Doing AC95 BOG->YYZ this week. App has a dinner menu for a 9am flight. Anyone know which meal is served on this flight, breakfast or lunch? If breakfast, is it the classic herb omelette w cottage cheese and red pepper jelly?
Old Feb 27, 2022, 1:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by capedreamer

Just finished a flight to DXB, and loved the popcorn.. with 12 hours of movie, having the popcorn made watching the movie like it was theater!!!! Never been a nut fan.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by yyz_consulted
Doing AC95 BOG->YYZ this week. App has a dinner menu for a 9am flight. Anyone know which meal is served on this flight, breakfast or lunch? If breakfast, is it the classic herb omelette w cottage cheese and red pepper jelly?
Lunch flight... you can find the exact menu on AC's website
https://akamai-gw.dbaas.aircanada.co...95_BOG_YYZ.pdf

This is still the February menu and there might be a change for March, and you can check back AC's website later. AC 99 also serves the same meal.

Carfield
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
27/2 - LHR-YUL

Absolutely packed flight. Decent meals. I don’t fly AC often and was quite impressed especially considering what UA or even DL is still doing these days. I have not flown international on AA since covid, but probably no where close to this at present?

YUL immigration was an absolute mess...

Carfield and vancouver25k like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.