Aeroplan birthday perk

Old Sep 2, 21, 11:28 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: May 2020
Programs: AC75K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold, National EE
Posts: 438
Used my 25% on a flight to Europe just before Christmas vacation. Thanks AC/Aeroplan!
fbrdky likes this.
MillennialMiles is offline  
Old Sep 3, 21, 2:18 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 4,692
Seems Aeroplan discriminates against minors when it comes to Super Elite birthday coupons
​​
expert7700 is offline  
Old Sep 3, 21, 3:05 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Posts: 4,875
Originally Posted by expert7700 View Post
Seems Aeroplan discriminates against minors when it comes to Super Elite birthday coupons
​​
Write in or hit them up on social media. I'd be disappointed if they didn't eventually acquiesce.
Bohemian1 is online now  
Old Sep 3, 21, 7:51 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles View Post
Used my 25% on a flight to Europe just before Christmas vacation. Thanks AC/Aeroplan!
Congrats. My code doesn't work for Europe. 😐
fbrdky is offline  
Old Sep 4, 21, 8:49 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,741
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
Congrats. My code doesn't work for Europe. 😐
It's for Domestic, transborder, or Caribbean.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Sep 6, 21, 9:12 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Vancouver
Programs: Aeroplan 75K
Posts: 52
Originally Posted by z12345 View Post
the morning after
i also got it the morning after and Im also a no status man lol
mb4wong is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 12:30 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 180
So I used the 25% off (+ free seat selection) code to book a YYC-YUL roundtrip in mid November. I was notified that there were flight schedule changes so I picked a flight later in the day. But now my seat selection is gone and I can't get them back without paying. I reached out to both Aeroplan and Air Canada but they won't restore my seat selection. The best they can do is offer me a discount on the seat selection fee.
fbrdky is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 1:32 pm
  #53  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,741
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
So I used the 25% off (+ free seat selection) code to book a YYC-YUL roundtrip in mid November. I was notified that there were flight schedule changes so I picked a flight later in the day. But now my seat selection is gone and I can't get them back without paying. I reached out to both Aeroplan and Air Canada but they won't restore my seat selection. The best they can do is offer me a discount on the seat selection fee.
What does the T&C say for the perk's free seat selection?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 3:53 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
What does the T&C say for the perk's free seat selection?
"Voucher code will also provide a Preferred Seat to all passengers on the booking, up to 5 passengers. As inventory is limited, Preferred Seats may not be available at time of booking"

Do you think I should escalate this? If so, to whom?
fbrdky is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 4:10 pm
  #55  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,741
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
"Voucher code will also provide a Preferred Seat to all passengers on the booking, up to 5 passengers. As inventory is limited, Preferred Seats may not be available at time of booking"

Do you think I should escalate this? If so, to whom?
What was the reason they gave you for not refunding your preferred seat selection fee?
yyznomad is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 4:28 pm
  #56  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Posts: 39,948
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
What was the reason they gave you for not refunding your preferred seat selection fee?
There was no fee...
yyznomad likes this.
canadiancow is offline  
Old Sep 23, 21, 6:54 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: YVR
Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Posts: 34,741
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
There was no fee...
What I meant was, what did the agents say about not allowing for the original free preferred seat selection on the birthday promo perk thingamajiggywithit.
yyznomad is offline  
Old Sep 24, 21, 1:39 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Programs: AP AS BA
Posts: 180
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
What I meant was, what did the agents say about not allowing for the original free preferred seat selection on the birthday promo perk thingamajiggywithit.
When they pulled up my ticket number, they could see that I used a code (the birthday code) for the fare. However, they couldn't see that the code also provided for free seat selection. The agent then consulted with his supervisor and came back with the offer of a "discounted" (but not free) seat selection fee. If I had a way of showing them the original email via the phone, I would've.
fbrdky is offline  
Old Sep 24, 21, 2:02 pm
  #59  
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: YYC
Programs: AC SE MM, WS Gold, DL PM, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor/Hilton/Radisson Gold
Posts: 14,227
Originally Posted by fbrdky View Post
When they pulled up my ticket number, they could see that I used a code (the birthday code) for the fare. However, they couldn't see that the code also provided for free seat selection. The agent then consulted with his supervisor and came back with the offer of a "discounted" (but not free) seat selection fee. If I had a way of showing them the original email via the phone, I would've.
If you have paid the fee, you may want to write in to customer service and ask for a refund of the fee.
Adam Smith is online now  
Old Sep 24, 21, 4:17 pm
  #60  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 550
I selected the 500 points for Starbucks reloading. I did get the points but about one week later than the 10 days they said it would be deposited into my acccount,
illico is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread