Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Bohemian1
What is the birthday perk thing?

Some Aeroplan members are offered a selection perks via an email on or around their birthday.

Does everyone get this offer on their birthday?

No. The offer seems to be targeted somewhat randomly. You may get it one year, but not the next. No one here understands for sure how the offer is awarded.

So, what are these perks?

The offers seem to vary, but as of the last Wiki edit, here is a summary of the ones reported:

25% OFF BASE FARES + A PREFERRED SEAT
When you book a domestic, transborder, or Caribbean flight by XXX for travel by YYY (subject to availability)

EARN 5X ON A BIRTHDAY RIDE!
Earn 5X the points on your next Uber Comfort, UberXL, Uber Premier or Uber Black ride by XXX

UP TO 10% OFF VACATION PACKAGES
When you book a vacation package with Air Canada Vacations® to select destinations by XXX for travel by YYY.
Note: As of last Wiki edit, this appears to have been replaced by the following ACV offer:

UP TO 8,000 BONUS PTS ON VACATION PACKAGES
Spend up to $999 per member for 2,000 bonus pts, spend $1,000‑$1,999 for 3,000 pts, or spend $2,000+ for 8,000 pts.

500pts
With a purchase of $50 or more via the Aeroplan eStore.

100pts
Celebrate simply! Get 100 bonus points (250 points for some) for your special day.

The following perk was reported shortly after the birthday perk was launched, but appears to be no longer offered:

500pts
When you load your linked Starbucks Rewards account with $50 or more.

Sounds great! So, do I get ALL of those perks?

No, you get your choice of one of them.

Is there a catch?

Sort of. Several of the perks come with date restrictions. The 'XXX' date referenced above is usually about 30 days after your actual birthday. The YYY date is usually about 7 months after your birthday. More or less. And the 25% off can't be used for J fares.

Print Wikipost

Aeroplan birthday perk

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2021, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
No official AC birthday perk, however when I arrived in YYC yesterday, Chris the concierge was standing at the gate waiting for me. I got off my flight and he presented to me a birthday card and some of my known favorite treats from AC. This was unexpected and awesome, thank you, Chris.
Old Aug 15, 2021, 8:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
my known favorite treats from AC.
So... an omelette and a Kit Kat?
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by YOWgary
So... an omelette and a Kit Kat?
two large Kit Kat bars

This morning while enjoying breakfast in the YYC MLL I receive my AC perk! I think I will chose the 25% option.

I think I will enjoy birthdays with air canada
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Dunno about everyone else, but as Birthday presents go, this one is pretty Meh.
Better than no present....
Old Aug 16, 2021, 10:19 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I had a birthday on August 12 and I didn't get anything for this 35K flyer (laughing)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:13 pm

Programs: AP AS BA
Here's the full T&C for the 25% off base fare plus seat selection.

Valid on new bookings made by September 15, 2021 at 23:59 EST with a departure city located in Canada. Valid on any flights operated by Air Canada® (including Air Canada Express® and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) originating in Canada to destinations within Canada, to the United States (including Hawaii), to Mexico and to the Caribbean, and for travel completed by February 16, 2022. Codeshare and interline flights are excluded.

Voucher code for this Birthday Perk will provide a one‑time discount of 25% off all Economy class undiscounted Air Canada published base fares only, which form part of the applicable air transportation charges, when booking on aircanada.com. Discounts will not be applied to: surcharges (which are included in the air transportation charges), taxes, fees and charges. Surcharges, taxes, fees and charges apply in full to all bookings and must be paid by travelers, including children and infants occupying a seat. Maximum of five passengers per booking.

Voucher code will also provide a Preferred Seat to all passengers on the booking, up to 5 passengers. As inventory is limited, Preferred Seats may not be available at time of booking.

All flights are subject to Air Canada’s General Conditions of Carriage and Tariffs and can be found on aircanada.com.

Due to travel restrictions, government recommendations and passenger demand resulting from the impact of COVID 19, eligible scheduled flights available for booking during the Offer Period may vary and are subject to change at any time without notice.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 11:16 pm

Drat. They added it soon after my b''day!
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
What's the Aeroplan birthday perk for Special Snowflake SEs? (SSSE)
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
two large Kit Kat bars

I think I will enjoy birthdays with air canada
My birthday is in October, so AC if you're reading this I happen to enjoy Kit Kats too.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:46 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by fbrdky

Valid on new bookings made by September 15, 2021 at 23:59 EST with a departure city located in Canada. Valid on any flights operated by Air Canada® (including Air Canada Express® and operated by Air Canada Rouge®) originating in Canada to destinations within Canada, to the United States (including Hawaii), to Mexico and to the Caribbean, and for travel completed by February 16, 2022. Codeshare and interline flights are excluded.
So I assume they will keep pushing the validity dates up month by month, else this will be a pretty poor gift for folks born in Jan/Feb.
Kishiwada and fbrdky like this.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Bohemian1
So I assume they will keep pushing the validity dates up month by month, else this will be a pretty poor gift for folks born in Jan/Feb.
The promo code is valid for a month based on your birthday and time is added to the validity period accordingly.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
Another data point, no email as 50K
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Super Elite 100K
Me Too!

Originally Posted by lewis_m
Another data point, no email as 50K
Same here...
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Is the conclusion this is only for SE birthdays?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 2:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
Is the conclusion this is only for SE birthdays?
No, it's not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.