Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Help!- finding a hotel room in Copenhagen Sept 21-26

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2003, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I am going to a medical (oncology) conference there; however, I did not finally make the decision to register and start booking my travel arrangements, until Wed of last week.

At this late date, the conference hotel booking bureau can not guarantee that they will find a hotel room for me. I wonder if anybody can help me (perhaps by helping me contact a travel agent, preferably but not necessarily Canadian, who specializes in travel to Denmark) booking a 5 star room, there.

Thanks.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 2:32 pm

Location: Denmark, SAS Gold, Lufthansa Senator (GOLD ), KLM Platinium
You are right , it seems very difficult , very unusual for CPH ! All the major 5 stars are fully booked , Hilton ,Mariott, Radisson SAS, D'angleterre and even newly opened 5 star hotel...

I do however find 3 star hotels with good location in CPH..

Alternatively in neighboor city Malmoe;Sweden 5 star hotels are avail, 40 min train ride,

Let me know if I can help you..
Old Sep 6, 2003, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
For a major world city, Copenhagen has a paucity of high end accommodation. You will likely have to set your sights lower: afterall, with all those doctors in town, you might have to drop to the **s. But the Malmo, Sweden suggestion is worth looking into. The rail line from CPH is the same for city centre and Malmo [opposite direction, over the bridge in about 15-minutes]. There are a couple of Best Westerns in Copenhagen and Malmo. Two in Malmo are right by the central station, and one I think used to be the Sheraton [Elite Hotel Savoy and Master Johaan]. BWs in Europe aren't that bad. Check out their website. Good luck.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 3:59 pm

Right up there is the Hotel D'angleterre. 5* but availability might be a problem on those dates. see if you have some strings you can pull with your TA.

We stayed at the Admiral Hotel, likely a 4* on the waterfront. Great hotel, it is a 200 year old grain mill. See if you can get a suite.
Old Sep 6, 2003, 8:10 pm

No way would I want to stay in Malmo if the conference is in Copenhagen. All that time lost in transit when you could be enjoying the city. That would be my very last option.

Have you checked out Kongen Arthur Frederick, the Palace Hotel, and Nyhavn 71?

In my opinion, the location of the Palace Hotel is just about perfect. However, I've read elsewhere it's not terribly modern. But for me, location trumps just about anything.

http://www.palace-hotel.dk

Edit: I forgot the Sophie Amalie, which is also in a good location. I think all of the ones I have mentioned would be considered 4*.

You might have no option but to switch hotels mid-stay. On a quick look, it seems like various hotels have rooms for part of your stay, but not for the full stay. As for a travel agent, I did not use this guy, but he is a Dane listed by the Scandinavian Centre of Vancouver:

Niels Andersen
Direct line: 604 717-1743 E-mail: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by WillTravel (edited 09-07-2003).]
Old Sep 9, 2003, 1:20 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I would recommend you to stay in Malmo if all the hotels you want are booked in CPH. There are trains going across the bridge 24 hours around the clock and during the busiest times they leave every 20 minutes. Malmo and Copenhagen have become very close neighbours.
Old Sep 9, 2003, 10:56 am

I stayed at 71 Nyhavn Hotel last year, which I really liked and is close to a bunch of restaurants and pubs, yet still fairly quiet (the room I had was quiet).

The website has a number of hotels in CPH managed by the same group, I believe.

http://www.71nyhavnhotelcopenhagen.dk
Old Sep 18, 2003, 5:55 am

http://www.laterooms.com is showing some reasonable-quality hotels at standard Copenhagen prices for this time period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.