Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Old May 15, 22, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
SE desk insists on checking vaccine proof

Checked in yesterday, uploaded vaccine proof and it was accepted. Completed check-in. Today dropping off bags at the SE desk and they insisted on showing proof. What a waste of time
Old May 15, 22, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by vernonc View Post
Checked in yesterday, uploaded vaccine proof and it was accepted. Completed check-in. Today dropping off bags at the SE desk and they insisted on showing proof. What a waste of time
Which SE Desk... YYZ, YUL, YVR?
I still have yet to be asked by anyone at an SE Desk when checking in there... most recently this past week.
I wonder if this is some sort of random thing or what.
But yeah, what a GD waste of time for everyone. Makes zero sense.
Old May 16, 22, 9:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
I had this happen at the YVR SE Desk on Friday (I was in the priority line but was taken by the SE desk since there were only 2 agents working at 11 am). AC seemed to have saved my previous uploaded from an earlier itinerary, emails were sent around 3 days prior saying proof of vaccination was accepted. OLCI BP had "ADOC". After insisting on checking proof again, paper BPs were printed and "ADOC" circled.

Also was told I can use priority line or Nexus line for security, and at C security there was only one regular line open.
Old May 17, 22, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by guessaaa View Post

Also was told I can use priority line or Nexus line for security, and at C security there was only one regular line open.
What time was this?
Old May 17, 22, 4:05 am

Programs: AC S100K, SPG G, Hilton G,Nexus/GE, Amex MR Plat, Hyatt Plat,IHG Plat E
Originally Posted by yyznomad View Post
Which SE Desk... YYZ, YUL, YVR?
I still have yet to be asked by anyone at an SE Desk when checking in there... most recently this past week.
I wonder if this is some sort of random thing or what.
But yeah, what a GD waste of time for everyone. Makes zero sense.
YYZ International
Old May 17, 22, 5:05 am

Programs: AC E50K, IHG Diamond
While not SE, I had same experience checking in for bus class at YYZ . I asked why I had to show it when AC had already sent me e mail saying my documents were acceptable, but all I got was a grunt and that he had to see them. On return trip from Europe, I again had to show them.
Old May 18, 22, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

YYZ International
So you mean the YYZ Concierge black box in the priority check-in area?
I'm a FOTSG... I had no idea there was an SE desk in the YYZ T1 International area.
Old May 18, 22, 1:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, UA Gold, Bonvoy Tit LT Sil, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Accor Silver
So you mean the YYZ Concierge black box in the priority check-in area?
I'm a FOTSG... I had no idea there was an SE desk in the YYZ T1 International area.
It's... right beside... the concierge office?
vernonc and canopus27 like this.
Old May 18, 22, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
It's... right beside... the concierge office?
AFAIK, that's called SE check-in...
When I read "Desk", I was thinking "Concierge Black Box" especially because there's an actual desk in there.
Well, honestly, when I read desk, I was thinking of

In any case, I wonder why having ADOC on your OLCI BP still requires one to show their DOCs. Like, Why The Face.
Old May 18, 22, 8:48 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
For an upcoming itinerary, 7 days out, I got an email from AC saying my documents have been accepted and verified. I have not uploaded any documents for this itinerary... are they now storing previous uploaded documents for future use? Or is AC remembering that you previously provided proof of vaccination in their system at least? I have no problems with showing them again if I do need to stop by the counter, but it'd be an improvement if I don't need to upload it every time 3 days before or at check-in.
Old May 18, 22, 8:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Hertz Gold
What time was this?
Just after 11 am.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 18, 22, 9:10 pm

Puzzling. I have been getting the docs ok email a week in advance for months (domestic), but for flights Sunday (intl, but no test required), crickets.

Would it be because I have a FOTSG on my PNR who has not uploaded anything? (Possibly not flown at all during covid.)
Old May 19, 22, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca View Post
For an upcoming itinerary, 7 days out, I got an email from AC saying my documents have been accepted and verified. I have not uploaded any documents for this itinerary... are they now storing previous uploaded documents for future use? Or is AC remembering that you previously provided proof of vaccination in their system at least? I have no problems with showing them again if I do need to stop by the counter, but it'd be an improvement if I don't need to upload it every time 3 days before or at check-in.
Yes, stored for future use/knowledge of your previous approvals/you get the idea/gist.
I uploaded once months ago and have never needed to upload anything since (well, one time I was asked to upload during OLCI despite already being approved, so that seemed like your typical AC IT).
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 4:36 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy
Another data point: when I flew YYZ to YOW last week, i uploaded my vaccine receipt when doing OLCI the night before the flight. Docs were accepted. In the morning of my flight (around 5am), I checked in at the priority desks (right before you get to the D gates), and they never asked me for my vaccines. Just printed boarding passes and sent me on my way.
yyznomad likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 3:19 pm

Sorry if this is not the correct forum but has anyone flown on AC to the US and provided a positive covid test (within 90 day window) along with a doctors note clearing them for travel, instead of the negative covid test 1 day prior to departure? Just trying to get an idea of any potential issues at check in. I'm assuming I won't be able to use OLCI and will have to see an agent but I'm prepared for that. Thanks in advance

Search this Thread