Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Old Apr 18, 22, 10:38 am

Programs: AC SE100K, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite
Last Tuesday I got 3 emails for my flights tomorrow indicating my documents were approved. On Thursday, a waitlisted upgrade cleared. When I went to check in today, I was required to reload my proof of vaccination for the flight for which the waitlist cleared. Oh well, at least the upgrade cleared!
Old Apr 18, 22, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Is this still considered a "trial"?
Old Apr 26, 22, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by SearsTower View Post
Last Tuesday I got 3 emails for my flights tomorrow indicating my documents were approved. On Thursday, a waitlisted upgrade cleared. When I went to check in today, I was required to reload my proof of vaccination for the flight for which the waitlist cleared. Oh well, at least the upgrade cleared!
I had the same thing. It was my 3rd segment. 1st was in Y, 2nd was upgraded well in advance, but last upgrade cleared just before boarding started and I had to re-show my vaccination proof. As you say, at least the upgrade cleared!
Old Apr 26, 22, 9:02 am

Hi all,

I booked with Aeroplan and when I login to my booking on the Air Canada website, I don't see a place to upload documents or even enter my passport details (flying to TPA on Saturday). It's my first time flying since pre-covid and I seem to have always been able to put passport info in well in advance (as I thought the US wanted this at least 72 hours prior?), but reading this and seeing people uploading their covid documentation before checkin leaves me wondering and asking, how?
Old Apr 26, 22, 11:15 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Silver, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cyhzegll View Post
Hi all,

I booked with Aeroplan and when I login to my booking on the Air Canada website, I don't see a place to upload documents or even enter my passport details (flying to TPA on Saturday). It's my first time flying since pre-covid and I seem to have always been able to put passport info in well in advance (as I thought the US wanted this at least 72 hours prior?), but reading this and seeing people uploading their covid documentation before checkin leaves me wondering and asking, how?
I noticed last month on my first international trip since Covid that there was nowhere for me to enter passport info. I never got a prompt for it, or my documents, until check-in, and everything was fine document wise. NB: with all of the extra documentation around testing to enter the US I needed quite a bit of time to get through formalities at YVR. My wife flew out a few days after and breezed through so YMMV, but be aware that there can be significant delays landside.
Old Apr 26, 22, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
I'm flying PIT-YYZ-FRA tomorrow, I was not offered a chance to upload my vaccine documents, am I missing something, a link to click to let me upload? I have my boarding passes on my mobile, but I assume without an upload it means I'll have to be checked in PIT? Can that be done at the gate?
Hi, I am taking this exact flight in a few weeks. How did you end up uploading your vaccine documents if not on check in? Or do you just show your vaccine card at TSA? Also, do we need any other documents to enter France? Saw something about a Passenger Locator form. THANK YOU!
Old Apr 26, 22, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by amira11 View Post
Hi, I am taking this exact flight in a few weeks. How did you end up uploading your vaccine documents if not on check in? Or do you just show your vaccine card at TSA? Also, do we need any other documents to enter France? Saw something about a Passenger Locator form. THANK YOU!
Never uploaded documents on the outbound, the (UA) agent in PIT just checked it at the gate no problem.
Old Apr 27, 22, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by dinoscool3 View Post
Never uploaded documents on the outbound, the (UA) agent in PIT just checked it at the gate no problem.
Good to know! What about on the way back? Just upload test results to Air Canada app on check in?
Old Apr 27, 22, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by amira11 View Post
Good to know! What about on the way back? Just upload test results to Air Canada app on check in?
Way back the upload worked fine, but it took a very long time to verify.
Old May 9, 22, 11:23 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
I just checked in via the mobile app for a domestic flight, my first AC flight in over 2 years. Uploaded a screen shot of my vax info - it's the BC/Canada one with the QR code, same one I used on WS to/fro OGG last month. AC says it's not valid.

Hopefully they'll accept the paper version at the gate. I don't have anything else.
Old May 9, 22, 11:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan-SE-2018/19/20
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
I just checked in via the mobile app for a domestic flight, my first AC flight in over 2 years. Uploaded a screen shot of my vax info - it's the BC/Canada one with the QR code, same one I used on WS to/fro OGG last month. AC says it's not valid.

Hopefully they'll accept the paper version at the gate. I don't have anything else.

Convert you screen shot to a PDF file and submit a PDF file. Good chance it will get accepted.
Old May 9, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: Aeroplan

Do you have a copy of your vax info elsewhere? Instead of uploading the document, you might be able to scan just the QR code and have it approved. It's weird, because whenever I upload documents it tells me it's invalid, but when I scan the QR code using the phone camera through it app, it works. Might be worth trying.
Old May 9, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
Download the actual unedited PDF from Health Gateway of the Fed Vax proof. Or scan the QR code with the app.
Old May 10, 22, 8:49 am

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Tried scanning the QR code - didnít work. Tried uploading the pdf - it said a human would review and advise by email. Email next day said not valid. Showed the paper copy to the GA - good to go. Some things just canít be automated.
Old May 10, 22, 9:25 am

Programs: AC-SE100K AC-MM BA-S HH-D IHG-Amb

Never mind.

Last edited by Seat13F_AC_CRJ; May 10, 22 at 9:26 am Reason: Should always read to the end of the thread before replying.

Search this Thread