Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: A3, AC
Got the email from AC that my vaxx record was approved at T-7 days for a SQ booked ticket that included an AC leg. Didn't have to upload anything, used my docs from back at Christmas.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:21 am

Just a quick question. I haven't flown at all in more than 2 years. I'm doing YYZ-YVR. So I will need to upload the vaxx document when I check in? Or scan the QR code? Do I use the QR code from my 2 vaxx or do I use my QR code from the booster? I heard that the booster one gives problem to the AC app but I may be wrong. Thanks a bunch !!!!
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by UA^PX
Just a quick question. I haven't flown at all in more than 2 years. I'm doing YYZ-YVR. So I will need to upload the vaxx document when I check in? Or scan the QR code? Do I use the QR code from my 2 vaxx or do I use my QR code from the booster? I heard that the booster one gives problem to the AC app but I may be wrong. Thanks a bunch !!!!
Yes, you will need to upload the document, either by attaching it or scanning it. I found scanning didn't work, and it was twitchy about reading the booster when <2weeks post booster, so I had uploaded my EU QR code and it was instantly approved... but this was back in early December. Haven't been required to upload/scan anything since late December. Just received my okay for a flight next Sunday.

*If you are planning on travelling internationally in the summer or fall I'd definitely pick the booster document as some countries (Germany, starting Oct 1) will be requiring the booster to be considered fully vaxxed... though of course that may change!
UA^PX likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
I know that some of you have been asked to furnish your docs (despite having ADOC already) when checking-in with an agent/concierge... I still have yet to be asked. I am still curious as to why one would be asked despite having gone through the process, being approved, have ADOC... I mean, getting asked after all that kind of defeats the purpose?
vancouver25k likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I know that some of you have been asked to furnish your docs (despite having ADOC already) when checking-in with an agent/concierge... I still have yet to be asked. I am still curious as to why one would be asked despite having gone through the process, being approved, have ADOC... I mean, getting asked after all that kind of defeats the purpose?
On Sunday, despite not having uploaded anything, I got the approval notification, and the green box on my BP.

The LAX MLL asked if I had a paper boarding pass, I said no, and before she even looked at my phone or pulled up my PNR, she demanded my proof of vaccination (and maybe something else?), and then a bit later demanded my passport, even though I had checked in with NEXUS.

At the gate, they were requiring everyone to board with paper BPs.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by canadiancow
On Sunday, despite not having uploaded anything, I got the approval notification, and the green box on my BP.

The LAX MLL asked if I had a paper boarding pass, I said no, and before she even looked at my phone or pulled up my PNR, she demanded my proof of vaccination (and maybe something else?), and then a bit later demanded my passport, even though I had checked in with NEXUS.

At the gate, they were requiring everyone to board with paper BPs.
What was the rationale for all of the redundancy?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What was the rationale for all of the redundancy?
Earlier on in COVID, they definitely wanted to see Q14 written on your BP.

I've flown AC out of LAX three times in my life now, so I can't really comment on why they're doing something differently.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Earlier on in COVID, they definitely wanted to see Q14 written on your BP.

I've flown AC out of LAX three times in my life now, so I can't really comment on why they're doing something differently.
They still Q14 your BP, depending on where you are going (SYD, for example)
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcohen999
They still Q14 your BP, depending on where you are going (SYD, for example)
Or YYZ, from LAX...
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Or YYZ, from LAX...
It was the same at SFO both times I've been there this year. Must have paper BP to board, and they write Q14 on it after checking your stuff.

Although the lady at LAX who checked mine the other day didn't write Q14, she wrote "checked".
canadiancow likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I'm flying PIT-YYZ-FRA tomorrow, I was not offered a chance to upload my vaccine documents, am I missing something, a link to click to let me upload? I have my boarding passes on my mobile, but I assume without an upload it means I'll have to be checked in PIT? Can that be done at the gate?
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Yesterday I was sitting on my couch drinking a beer three hours after a DEN-YVR-YYJ trip when I received the "your document has been approved" email message for the YVR-YYJ leg. I'm glad they let me fly without me proving the proof. The DEN-YVR was approved a week ago automatically.

I don't have another trip until late May so of course my first thought was a really (really) early approval and not a super useless late one.

Dudestir
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Trying to check in to a flight ex-Europe to YYZ tomorrow, with a 24 hour connection then on to SFO on Monday. The app and site won’t let me check in since I don’t yet have a negative Covid test for the US. Won’t take that until I’m in Toronto.

Is there any way I can get an electronic boarding pass just for the first leg of my trip, to YYZ?

Edit: contacted the concierge and they sent me the boarding pass link. Would be good to know for others if there’s a way self-service way around this.

Last edited by pilot007; Apr 16, 2022 at 4:52 am
Old Apr 16, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pilot007
Trying to check in to a flight ex-Europe to YYZ tomorrow, with a 24 hour connection then on to SFO on Monday. The app and site won’t let me check in since I don’t yet have a negative Covid test for the US. Won’t take that until I’m in Toronto.

Is there any way I can get an electronic boarding pass just for the first leg of my trip, to YYZ?

Edit: contacted the concierge and they sent me the boarding pass link. Would be good to know for others if there’s a way self-service way around this.
I don't think that's why you couldn't check in.

I have a BP for YYZ-SFO tomorrow, and I haven't uploaded anything. You don't need to upload COVID documents to get a boarding pass.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 7:05 pm

This morning I changed a domestic 10:25 dep for a 07:35 dep (not a SDC, but a FP last minute change) and on checkin a minute later it required that I upload my vax info (first time since Dec) ... not clear why it wouldn't have transferred automatically (I suppose technically I was fully changing a flight, but approved today is same as approved last week). It was no big deal as it was instantly approved once loaded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.