Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upload your COVID documents online (trial)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Got the reminder to upload my PCR test for an upcoming return trip to Canada. After clicking the "Review and Upload" button on the page for the booking in question, I see my name and then:

Sigh... why is everything so janky with this airline.
I'm like you. I always seem to encounter these odd issues. Tough luck, I guess...
Old Dec 4, 2021, 4:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Well I figured I'd do it again today.

My upload failed. The calf's succeeded. We used different tests.

So I tried again, and while the UI says "Something when wrong, please try again", the underlying error is:

Code:
{"errors": [{"code": 1, "title": "can't compare offset-naive and offset-aware datetimes"}]}
Shocking that they can't write Python capable of doing this

The calf's test result time just says "12:11" whereas mine says "09:59 UTC".

Sigh.

I'm also getting this error. I suppose it wouldn't be lying if I translated the time to eastern? Instead of entering 1158am (dublin, gmt +0), I could just subtract 5 hours and enter the equivalent Eastern time.

(EDIT: still failed). The same "something when wrong" still.

Originally Posted by flyquiet
I tried to upload mine and it just kept telling me to input a valid time. I input the date and time on the certificate. It's a menu - you can't key anything in wrong. The date and time were within 72 hours.
You have to enter AM or PM at the end.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think the error was from OCR on the upload, and I wasn't quite willing to manipulate the PDF
Old Dec 18, 2021, 5:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Vax validation worked / Test results did not

Test results barfed on both PDF and photos. No idea why - we are within the 1 day requirement for the US. Wished they would say why the tests were not acceptable; at least I would know if their business rules on the text fields were wonky or if the images weren't parsing. Oh well, at least the vax validation worked using Ontario PDFs. Maybe it only parses switch health test properly? AC kickback perhaps?

Have to check in anyway with luggage so no big deal. Last time to the US in November it didn't validate one of our vax PDFs, so this is an improvement...
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC25K; Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by myspambucket
Test results barfed on both PDF and photos. No idea why - we are within the 1 day requirement for the US. Wished they would say why the tests were not acceptable; at least I would know if their business rules on the text fields were wonky or if the images weren't parsing. Oh well, at least the vax validation worked using Ontario PDFs. Maybe it only parses switch health test properly? AC kickback perhaps?

Have to check in anyway with luggage so no big deal. Last time to the US in November it didn't validate one of our vax PDFs, so this is an improvement...
.jpg format for COVID test result triggered an error for me so I re-generated it as a PDF and it went through to review. System is definitely finnicky. If you scan the Proof of vaccination QR code (the 2 dose Ontario one works while the 3 dose Ontario one still doesn't as of right now) it will automatically validate. However, if you upload it as a document, it will be sent to review.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
@Mystic_Champion, with this being your first post, welcome to FT
Old Jan 6, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Really?

Hi folks!
I am trying to find out how/where to upload my docs for a flight from Portugal to Canada. On “My bookings” and the check in, nothing appears.
After digging a little I found this statement on AC’s website:
“If you are travelling on one of these selectAir Canada operated flights and would like to participate, simply follow these steps:”
But I can never find which routes the word “these” refers to… is there a place I can find it?
Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2022, 9:26 am
Original Poster

If they option isn't there at check-in, you probably just can't do it.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Mystic_Champion
.jpg format for COVID test result triggered an error for me so I re-generated it as a PDF and it went through to review. System is definitely finnicky. If you scan the Proof of vaccination QR code (the 2 dose Ontario one works while the 3 dose Ontario one still doesn't as of right now) it will automatically validate. However, if you upload it as a document, it will be sent to review.
So I just tried AC app on my mobile and online (via laptop) and get an error message that "the test is not valid for entry..." I am flying YYZ- YVR and connecting onward to SAN. my Ontario vaccine was accepted but the RT -PCR test that I took at 7:15am is not being accepted for my flight into the US tomorrow at 1:10pm PST.... Very strange

Could it be a timing as it is not quite 24 hrs until i am supposed to depart YVR for SAN (local time)?

Pain in the ... if I have to go to an AC counter to show proof of a negative test considering i have no bags to check etc.

Any thoughts or ideas as to why it is not working?

Please
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by daltimas
So I just tried AC app on my mobile and online (via laptop) and get an error message that "the test is not valid for entry..." I am flying YYZ- YVR and connecting onward to SAN. my Ontario vaccine was accepted but the RT -PCR test that I took at 7:15am is not being accepted for my flight into the US tomorrow at 1:10pm PST.... Very strange

Could it be a timing as it is not quite 24 hrs until i am supposed to depart YVR for SAN (local time)?

Pain in the ... if I have to go to an AC counter to show proof of a negative test considering i have no bags to check etc.

Any thoughts or ideas as to why it is not working?

Please
This has been an ongoing issue. The US accepts tests anytime the previous day whereas the AC system is counting 24 hours prior to departure. I have just emailed the concierge and they go in and accept it.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:02 pm

Thanks SearsTower, first year as SE can you send me a private message on what exactly you email them and which email address?
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SearsTower
This has been an ongoing issue. The US accepts tests anytime the previous day whereas the AC system is counting 24 hours prior to departure. I have just emailed the concierge and they go in and accept it.
Why not just show it at the gate when you board?

Seems like way more effort than it's worth, given you're going to be at the gate anyway.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:33 pm

Not sure, really rusty on flying these days.

I am trying to check-in online and get my BP, but because of this error i can NOT check-in and ideally hoping to avoid a kiosk or counter to get a BP
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Why not just show it at the gate when you board?

Seems like way more effort than it's worth, given you're going to be at the gate anyway.
The last time I sent in one, it was for my 80+ year old mother who was concerned and it was easier to just get it dealt with ahead of time.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Has anyone had any luck (or conversely, any issues or problems with acceptance) of not uploading a pcr test but rather proof of positive test - now accepted for return to Canada as proof of recovery from Covid and valid from 10-180 days from sample / test date.

I’m assuming that the doc upload won’t handle these? Any issues with airport staff when doing physical check in and doc checks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.