Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
If you have general questions about how to earn SQM/SQS/SQD, please see the status qualification thread.

If you have received an incorrect amount of SQx/points, please see the thread on missing/incorrect flight activity.

Calculator for SQM, SQD, and Aeroplan points
SQM/SQD Cowculator and its source code

canadiancow's TODO list:
  • SAS Go Light fares
  • Basic economy on any airline other than AC (is it just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
  • Ineligible codeshares, like EY-marketed, EY-operated, AC-ticketed

Adam Smith's TODO list:
  • Add earning for VA
  • Check earning rates for AC basic economy
Print Wikipost

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Old Dec 4, 2022, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by zkzkz
Basic? Basic only earns 25% points (and 0 SQM) and you can't necessarily extrapolate from that by multiplying by 4.

If that's really the new 100% earning you have to start wondering how intentional this is. I can definitely see 1 or 2 miles difference depending on the reference points but gcmap says it's 3,751 and 16 miles is more than the difference from YYZ to YTZ!
I'm pretty confident that most everyone here understands what the term "basic" means in the context of my post. I was simply sharing a data point for a routing that was not yet included in the list of SQMs we keep for pairings. I wasn't referring to the fare type branded as "Basic".

Also, 3,751 is a nice figure but it is irrelevant as YYZ-CDG was set at 3,740 Q miles for like....... forever, until the most recent change that now pegs it at 3,735 basic SQMs.

And yes, 3,735 is "really the new 100% earning", as this is what appeared in my account activity log yesterday for my 01DEC flight aboard AC872.

And yes, I also received 934 25% COS for the Latitude fare I purchased.

And I'm confident I will again receive 3,735 Q miles for today's return aboard AC873, as well as the 934 25% COS for Latitude.
canadiancow and Adam Smith like this.

Last edited by NordsFan; Dec 4, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Old Dec 7, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
BKKYVR is 7324 SQM

AC 066 BKK-YVR posted as 7324 SQM.

PR: scottkennedy/ac-aqd!211
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
There's a bug in the EW calculator. "I" is an eligible class for paid tickets, but I have an Aeroplan PNR that suggests I'll be earning 50%.

I guess it needs to look at more than just the fare class.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
DCA-YYZ

DCA-YYZ is now 359 SQMs - a decrease of 1 from the old earning rate.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: AC 50K, Bonvoy Tit, UA Silver
YUL-YQM is 438 SQM
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AC 25K, Aegean Silver, Marriott Gold
Looks like the CSV doesn't have it so here's YVR-SJD

YVR-SJD, Comfort M
2231 SQM
291 Class of service bonus
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K 1MM, FB Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Anyone having flown EZE-GRU-YYZ - is it credited as EZE-YYZ or are the flights credited separately?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BW Diamond Select
If it's EZE-YYZ with the stopover in GRU and it's the same flight number, one would earn EZE-YYZ only (5576 SQMs).

If it's two separate flight numbers, you would get 1069 SQMs for EZE-GRU + GRU-YYZ (5084).

Should you want or need the extra SQMs/LQMs, book EZE-GRU-YUL-YYZ.

Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Anyone having flown EZE-GRU-YYZ - is it credited as EZE-YYZ or are the flights credited separately?
EdmFlyBoi likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
trying to use the cow tool to calculate YYZ to LHR. I think it worked out to around $5000 SQD and miles was confusing. Some in yellow some in red. 7500 yellow 9500 red. No clue what that meant. But if anyone has offhand what you get for miles for the yyz/lhr route it would be appreciated. Not too fussed about the Aeroplan miles its more the SQM for status

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:48 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Dec 28, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE
YYZ-LHR gets you 3540 SQM and Aeroplan points plus any bonus that may come with class of service or status. (So that's 5310 SQM for paid J.) I believe that answers the question you were asking, but ask again if not. Your SQD will be whatever you paid for the fare minus the fees that are ineligible.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 28, 2022 at 10:47 am Reason: Move content to appropriate thread
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by EdmFlyBoi
Separate.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
Separate.
No, it depends on the flights you take. If you take AC91 all the way, it will credit as EZE-YYZ. If you take AC97 from EZE to GRU then AC91 from GRU to YYZ, it will credit as EZE-GRU-YYZ.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No, it depends on the flights you take. If you take AC91 all the way, it will credit as EZE-YYZ. If you take AC97 from EZE to GRU then AC91 from GRU to YYZ, it will credit as EZE-GRU-YYZ.
He asked about EZE-GRU-YYZ hence I avoided giving a long answer but in hindsight I should given more details since context matters here.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
What happens if you take AC91 EZE-GRU and then the next day take AC91 GRU-YYZ? I assume that shows up as separate flights but how do the systems even determine that? I guess in this case the departure date makes it obvious but in the reverse direction the departure dates aren't even the same for the same flight.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:39 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by zkzkz
What happens if you take AC91 EZE-GRU and then the next day take AC91 GRU-YYZ? I assume that shows up as separate flights but how do the systems even determine that? I guess in this case the departure date makes it obvious but in the reverse direction the departure dates aren't even the same for the same flight.
Then you're not on a direct EZE-YYZ flight, you're on EZE-GRU and GRU-YYZ, so it will credit separately.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.