Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2021, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
If you have general questions about how to earn SQM/SQS/SQD, please see the status qualification thread.

If you have received an incorrect amount of SQx/points, please see the thread on missing/incorrect flight activity.

Calculator for SQM, SQD, and Aeroplan points
SQM/SQD Cowculator and its source code

canadiancow's TODO list:
  • SAS Go Light fares
  • Basic economy on any airline other than AC (is it just need a fare basis that ends in GT?)
  • Ineligible codeshares, like EY-marketed, EY-operated, AC-ticketed

Adam Smith's TODO list:
  • Add earning for VA
  • Check earning rates for AC basic economy
Print Wikipost

Calculator for SQM, Aeroplan miles, & SQD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2016, 2:23 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Since you are only supposed to edit the blue cells, shouldn't the fare be blue?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
AQMs on short domestic flights in Flex on AC

Hi all,

I have lost track of all the changes to Aeroplan AQM earnings. How many AQMs do we get for short domestic flights (<250 miles) in Flex on AC (express)? Not sure if it is real distance or 250... I know this is written somewhere, so sorry about asking!

Thanks,

R&F
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
If you have status, 250.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If you have status, 250.
OK, thanks for taking the time to respond. Thought that there was something with status. R&F
Old May 19, 2016, 11:29 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For the record, I've been using this calculator now on my own travels for several months and am finding that it's generally allocating the AQD down to within a few cents, sometimes exactly on the nose, so for those frustrated with not knowing what their AQD is going to be, I think this is a good resource.

Of course, it depends on putting in the right data and not mucking around with the model, but that shouldn't be too difficult, there are detailed instructions in the Instructions tab...

Originally Posted by flyquiet
Since you are only supposed to edit the blue cells, shouldn't the fare be blue?
I've sort of neglected this thread for a while and not really checked the uploaded version. Yes, unfortunately someone who was using the spreadsheet to calculate some stuff got rid of the blue font on the fare.

I've uploaded a new version to fix that, along with a couple other minor things.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:36 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, IHG Spire Ambassador
Since I've been using this for a little while myself I thought I'd help out. I've added a couple of new airports and mileage.
Old May 20, 2016, 4:43 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by adam.smith
There's no generic number of AQD for any given route and I'm not claiming that there is. The calculator doesn't tell you how much AQD you're going to earn in total, it helps you figure out how much AQD will be allocated to each segment after you tell it exactly what fare you paid and what segments you're flying.

So, let's say you buy an RTW touching NRT, YVR, FRA and NRT. Whether you buy this as NRT-YVR-FRA-BKK-NRT or YVR-FRA-BKK-NRT-YVR, you're flying the same segments with the same mileage. That means AQD will be allocated roughly 26% to NRT-YVR, 28% YVR-FRA, 31% FRA-BKK and 16% BKK-NRT (whether you actually earn AQD on those flights depends on them being AC metal or AC codeshares ticketed on 014, but that's how the AQD will be allocated). That split will hold whether you buy the ticket originating in NRT for $8K, YVR for $15K, FRA for $250K or BKK for $1.

That's all the calculator does - allocate the total AQD you give it, based on whatever you paid, among the different flight segments.
Not quite.

I started one RTW ticket in Jan. that had a FRA-YYZ segement on AC
that I was credited $969.00 for. Last week, ON THE SAME TICKET, I flew
AC YYZ-SFO, and was credited $989.00.

The first flight was some 4000 miles, the second was some 2000 miles.
I have absolutely no idea how they are getting the AQD values.
Old May 22, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Ok, so is there a place to dispute AQD?

I probably won't bother since I likely won't make status anyway, but I feel like I was overcredited to the tune of like 400% on a previous ticket which I now can't see in the history the AQD column simply says no available for every flight. But I just bought a YVR-SFO return in Flex on an EMCO which I believe we were told would be treated like cash when it came to bookings were we not? I got $11 for YVR-SFO. The total ticket cost was around $558, with the base fare around $425, so unless I'm going to be credited $300+ for SFO-YVR, which would make no sense, I can't figure out what's going on here.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by drvannostren
Ok, so is there a place to dispute AQD?
Yes.

https://www.aircanada.com/en/aeropla.../aqd_form.html
Old May 25, 2016, 12:05 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Thanks SAP, I looked around but kept getting directed to AP pages that didn't offer any help. Now I wait to see where my AQD shakes out on the return segment.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:20 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Thanks to the help of DrunkCargo, who did most of the work, I've made some substantial changes to the calculator. It now includes a database of most, if not all, of the commercial airports you could ever fly to on *A and a formula that will automatically calculate distances for any where the official Aeroplan distance is not in the database.

That means no more needing to go to a source like WebFlyer or gcmap for missing distances! I think you'll agree that this makes the tool much more practical and useful.

I hope people find this helpful.

Link to [old link deleted]
Link to Excel version [old link deleted] - in case you prefer to download and use on your own device (my preference, since Google Sheets is very limited in functionality)

Although the calculator now handles most of this stuff automatically, it would still be appreciated if people wanted to share distances for city pairs that aren't in the database.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 11, 2016 at 5:48 pm
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thanks to the help of DrunkCargo, who did most of the work
Wow
Old Nov 11, 2016, 1:37 am

^
Thanks to the help of DrunkCargo, who did most of the work, I've made some substantial changes to the calculator. It now includes a database of most, if not all, of the commercial airports you could ever fly to on *A and a formula that will automatically calculate distances for any where the official Aeroplan distance is not in the database.

That means no more needing to go to a source like WebFlyer or gcmap for missing distances! I think you'll agree that this makes the tool much more practical and useful.

Link to Google Sheets version
Link to Excel version - in case you prefer to download and use on your own device (my preference, since Google Sheets is very limited in functionality)

Although the calculator now handles most of this stuff automatically, it would still be appreciated if people wanted to share distances for city pairs that aren't in the database.
^ thanks for all the hard work!
Old Nov 11, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE

Link to Google Sheets version
Link to Excel version - in case you prefer to download and use on your own device (my preference, since Google Sheets is very limited in functionality)

Wow that's great. Thanks to both of you for all the work. ^^
Old Nov 11, 2016, 8:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
Wow that's great. Thanks to both of you for all the work. ^^
+1 and Thanks mucho!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.