Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Embraer 175 (E75) seating and carry-on baggage information (2016 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Embraer 175 (E75) seating and carry-on baggage information (2016 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2021, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Honestly, IMO your best option, given your concerns, is to buy an LMU.

Board first, sit in J, don't worry about it.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
It won't be a question of how forgiving the GA is on checking the bag, but how forgiving physics is. Even a small bag might not fit if you're the last to board on a full flight.
Old Aug 29, 2021, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Honestly, IMO your best option, given your concerns, is to buy an LMU.

Board first, sit in J, don't worry about it.
LMU is last minute upgrade? Trying to figure out how that will work since the booking and itinerary originates with United, so I think we will be checking in with United rather than AC. Is it something we need to ask about at the gate once we get there and can we upgrade only for that particular leg? Any idea what the cost may be? Thank you!

I did pull up the reservation on AC website and there is a button about bidding for upgrading but it says the flight is not eligible.

Maybe another strategy would be to pick seats in the back of the plane once we check in since someone mentioned above they are boarding back to front?

Originally Posted by RangerNS
It won't be a question of how forgiving the GA is on checking the bag, but how forgiving physics is. Even a small bag might not fit if you're the last to board on a full flight.
Sounds like they aren't that picky then which is good! Very worst case we could also use our tactic of smaller size rollaboard combined with a huge backpack, this has worked even on picky Lufthansa agents

Last edited by Adam Smith; Aug 29, 2021 at 8:17 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:13 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
My B&R Baseline (21" high, 15" wide, 9" deep) fits the E175 bin easily wheels-in, laying on its back. It's tight but not unreasonable, so you might be able to squeeze a 22" bag in the same way. If not then it will have to go sideways, which the FAs won't like one bit if it's a full flight. Again, anything you can do to board earlier (including checking in right at 24 hours and buying a last-minute upgrade to J if you're offered during the check-in process) would be beneficial.
atxflyergal likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2021, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by atxflyergal
LMU is last minute upgrade?
Yes.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 7:44 am

Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes!
Old Sep 1, 2021, 2:44 pm

Well I'm not off to a good start so far. I have to check in with United because the first flight is a United only flight (the AC ones are codeshared). United won't let me finish checking in online because they apparently want to verify documents at the airport even though I've scanned and uploaded every single thing they requested. Prior to check in, when I looked at the Newark to Toronto AC flight, there were tons of open seats available for purchase for $11. Now that I'm within 24 hours of check in, every single seat is blocked off and I can't pick any seat. I also don't have any option for upgrades since everything has to originate through the United check in. On the AC page it says not eligible. On the United page it only lets me do things for the first United flight. Sigh.

Edit: we ended up getting completely rerouted with a different airline, but we did get through with the larger bags just fine.

Last edited by atxflyergal; Sep 4, 2021 at 3:52 am
Old Mar 8, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
E175 Preferred seating question

Flying YUL-BOS next month and strange thing... row 12 is marked as preferred seating.

My current seat, 12C, cost €8.70 but in the same row, 12F costs €15...

Is the reason just the no inflight entertainment?

I just care about legroom.

Thanks!
Attached Images   
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
Flying YUL-BOS next month and strange thing... row 12 is marked as preferred seating.

My current seat, 12C, cost €8.70 but in the same row, 12F costs €15...

Is the reason just the no inflight entertainment?

I just care about legroom.

Thanks!
You will be bumped by every Y cabin pax not seating on Row 12 (almost everyone).
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:23 pm

This helps to see what's going on: https://www.aerolopa.com/ac-embraer-175
bostontraveler and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:33 pm

Programs: AC SE
C isn’t a terrible seat, but it’s annoying as people board and bump you.

I would grab any other seat in that row ahead of it. But I’d grab that one ahead of most other seats in economy class.
bostontraveler likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
C isn’t a terrible seat, but it’s annoying as people board and bump you.

I would grab any other seat in that row ahead of it. But I’d grab that one ahead of most other seats in economy class.
12F is available... is there more legroom in that row?
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by bostontraveler
12F is available... is there more legroom in that row?
For Y, row 12 has the most legroom because there are J seats in front that need to recline. I think you get even more legroom in 12C, but it's annoying to be in the seat while Y is boarding.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 12:51 pm

Row 12 has a lot of legroom, I was unable to reach the seat in front with my feet. I don't think being bumped by passengers would be a problem during the 80 minute long flight in seat C, but yeah, you don't have the screen and no seat pocket either.
Old Mar 8, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE; Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by airalmond
Row 12 has a lot of legroom, I was unable to reach the seat in front with my feet. I don't think being bumped by passengers would be a problem during the 80 minute long flight in seat C, but yeah, you don't have the screen and no seat pocket either.
Seated in 12C once. It was horrible. Got hit by several baggage and wheels during boarding. And you cannot really blame other pax because there was not a lot of aisle room to begin with.

I would recommend boarding the last if seated in 12C, which of course comes with the issue of no head cabin for your carryons. Especially you cannot put anything in front of you seated 12C (in front of you is the J cabin aisle).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.