Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC flexible re-booking policy. Change direction on city pair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:46 am
Original Poster

I´m going to risk my neck and start a new thread as I`m not sure where else to ask. This question has been asked by me in a nother thread to no avail, so please feel free to move if applicable.
I would be greatfull if somebody hat some insight!

With the possibility to change departure and/or destination city for tickets bought before July 31st. 2021, would it be possibly to change direction of a city pair? CDG-YYZ to YYZ-CDG for the outbound flight?

"Change of Destinations Passengers may choose to travel to/from an alternate Air Canada destination within ticket validity. Change fees are waived and ADCL will apply.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 6:50 am

Shouldn't be a problem. I changed a YYZ-LAX, SEA-YYZ ticket to YYZ-EWR, BOS-YYZ a week ago without issue. Standard fare, not Flex.

Obviously fare difference still applies.
Stil likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CorSter
Shouldn't be a problem. I changed a YYZ-LAX, SEA-YYZ ticket to YYZ-EWR, BOS-YYZ a week ago without issue. Standard fare, not Flex.

Obviously fare difference still applies.
Great news thanks
It`s for a future booking and doing it this way will come with a 2/3 discount if no fare difference

I did change a ticket in January. Originating from CDG changed it to CPH with out any issues. I was just in doubt it was allowed if you made a change in direction.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:38 am

Programs: AC SE 100K
Ultimately - all they are waiving is change fees and then just doing fare dif charges. One thing I have noticed - as I just did it now this week . . was . . on recalculation of the ticket all the tax codes which remained the same were given equal exchange credit, the new tax codes were charged but the old tax codes (for country no longer applicable) were not refunded. Fare dif was positive ($230) but taxes were less by $100 - but no credit given for that - - which I found strange. Maybe I need to request a manual refund. So - I paid fare dif of $230 and then $70 more of taxes - instead of fare dif of $230 and refund of taxes for around $100.
Stil likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zrh2yvr
Ultimately - all they are waiving is change fees and then just doing fare dif charges. One thing I have noticed - as I just did it now this week . . was . . on recalculation of the ticket all the tax codes which remained the same were given equal exchange credit, the new tax codes were charged but the old tax codes (for country no longer applicable) were not refunded. Fare dif was positive ($230) but taxes were less by $100 - but no credit given for that - - which I found strange. Maybe I need to request a manual refund. So - I paid fare dif of $230 and then $70 more of taxes - instead of fare dif of $230 and refund of taxes for around $100.
That`s a very good point!
I`ll have to have a look at my ticket from January which was changed from CDG to CPH. As far as I remember, no additional cost or maby a credit of less then a $?....
I didn`t give it any thoughts at the time, as the CPH-CDG connecting flight would have been out of my pocket, if the flexible booking policy was not there. So guess I was just happy with the arrangement.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I have an SFO departure to YYZ that was changed to an early morning departure from mid day on a P fare going to BCN, Do you think I can get a free change to LAX instead on the outbound and return?

PS What’s up with the Air Canada phone system? I tried a few times since the weekend dead silence for 30 seconds, then quotes one and a half to two hour waits! yesterday they weren’t even accepting calls (Recording said they’re too busy)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I have an SFO departure to YYZ that was changed to an early morning departure from mid day on a P fare going to BCN, Do you think I can get a free change to LAX instead on the outbound and return?

PS What’s up with the Air Canada phone system? I tried a few times since the weekend dead silence for 30 seconds, then quotes one and a half to two hour waits! yesterday they weren’t even accepting calls (Recording said they’re too busy)
Yes, but there can as stated earlier be a price difference.
here is a link:
Air Canada Flash Newsletter

Don`t know about wait times right now? As I´m often calling AC from Europe, I try to call really early in the morning local time (Montreal). I have not encountered long waiting times as far as I remember.

Last edited by Stil; Jul 22, 2021 at 2:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.