Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Using the new digital MLL passes - information & experiences (2021 onwards)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using the new digital MLL passes - information & experiences (2021 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2021, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by smuncky
Hmm. Used mine earlier this month and they still show as available both in app and website.
It doesn't seem like it's immediate or near-time.
Or, sometimes it's just best to leave things unsaid.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
If someone is on an international flight, can they use a domestic/TB lounge pass to access to domestic lounge?
Old Sep 4, 2021, 9:02 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mimo123
If someone is on an international flight, can they use a domestic/TB lounge pass to access to domestic lounge?
Yup. A friend of mine just did it yesterday with a lounge pass I gave him.
Old Sep 4, 2021, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by mimo123
Does anyone know if YYZ will be allowing International Pax to use the D security (and thus access to the Domestic lounge) going forward is this just a COVID thing?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC E35K. RAM GOLD/ OWS
2 Maple Leaf Lounge passes as select benefit for 25k

Hello,

I gifted my 2 guest passes to a friend over 2 months ago (and he used them) but my account still shows 2 passes available.

Is it possible they were not removed from the account correctly or are just showing up on my end but cannot be used?

As it’s the first year of the new system I think that either one of these could be possible!

Thank you,

Paul.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AC E35K. RAM GOLD/ OWS
Originally Posted by PAULO77
Hello,

I gifted my 2 guest passes to a friend over 2 months ago (and he used them) but my account still shows 2 passes available.

Is it possible they were not removed from the account correctly or are just showing up on my end but cannot be used?

As it’s the first year of the new system I think that either one of these could be possible!

Thank you,

Paul.
Based on the info in this thread it looks like there is only one way to find out!

I will report back later this week.

Paul.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Hi everyone, recently completed the status challenge. Had an awesome time in YVR!

Was wondering if the Maple Leaf Lounge passes i got (35k) will have an extended expiry date (Currently end of year) given that I recently completed the status match or will i be issued a new set? I wanted to know since I have no use for them but I wanted to know if I should give them out ASAP or if I have up until next year to see who would best utilise them?

Thank you!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:52 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CathayMVP
Was wondering if the Maple Leaf Lounge passes i got (35k) will have an extended expiry date (Currently end of year) given that I recently completed the status match or will i be issued a new set?
Pass expiry dates are unchanged. 2022 status will come with a fresh set of benefits, including more MLL passes.

I wanted to know since I have no use for them but I wanted to know if I should give them out ASAP or if I have up until next year to see who would best utilise them?
Use 'em or lose 'em.
YOWgary and CathayMVP like this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I have 3 passes that I promised to my niece as she is taking her 2 boys skiing in Banff. I thought she was going between Xmas and New Year, but just found out she is leaving on Jan 2. Is there any chance that these passes will be honored beyond Dec 31? I'm guessing that no extensions have been offered based on the number of people giving theirs away!

Merry Christmas all!

Last edited by Adam Smith; Dec 25, 2021 at 11:13 am Reason: Off topic
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 3 passes that I promised to my niece as she is taking her 2 boys skiing in Banff. I thought she was going between Xmas and New Year, but just found out she is leaving on Jan 2. Is there any chance that these passes will be honored beyond Dec 31?
They haven't been in the past, not sure why they'd start now.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
I have 3 passes that I promised to my niece as she is taking her 2 boys skiing in Banff. I thought she was going between Xmas and New Year, but just found out she is leaving on Jan 2. Is there any chance that these passes will be honored beyond Dec 31? I'm guessing that no extensions have been offered based on the number of people giving theirs away!

Merry Christmas all!
Hopefully you will get to sign up for benefits on Jan 1 and you can use them them.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
So here were are, end of 2021 and the use of this year's digital MLL passes.

I found weirdness on my pass page in my Benefits so following up here.

On page 1 of this thread, these comments were posted and various replies were offered in the thread.

Originally Posted by MasterTravellr
Silly question, but for the Maple Leaf Lounge One-Time Guest Passes that we get with Elite status, when the pass is used, does it automatically delete off of our accounts? Or do we just have to guess which are used and which are unused?
Originally Posted by YVR4Ever
As far as I know they delete. The status passes do for sure.
Not exactly.

I had given 1 pass to a friend earlier this year. I saved the downloaded PDF to a folder but other than it being the first one of the 4 available, I had no other info as I can't read the QR code on the pass.

Recently, I gifted other passes and each time I went back to the page, it still showed 4 as available. I have the PDFs I sent so I know I gifted 2 more.

Today I checked my MLL Pass page now and I see this.

Hmmmm.

I know I gave away 3 in total. Only 1 is showing as used. So, does that mean the 2 people I gave the passes to never used them?

Also, since there is no identifying info on this page and only the QR codes on the passes themselves, how is anyone supposed to know which ones they gave away without any obvious identifiers...... for the majority of us who do not have the ability to read the QR codes.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
So here were are, end of 2021 and the use of this year's digital MLL passes.

I found weirdness on my pass page in my Benefits so following up here.

On page 1 of this thread, these comments were posted and various replies were offered in the thread.

Not exactly.

I had given 1 pass to a friend earlier this year. I saved the downloaded PDF to a folder but other than it being the first one of the 4 available, I had no other info as I can't read the QR code on the pass.

Recently, I gifted other passes and each time I went back to the page, it still showed 4 as available. I have the PDFs I sent so I know I gifted 2 more.

Today I checked my MLL Pass page now and I see this.

Hmmmm.

I know I gave away 3 in total. Only 1 is showing as used. So, does that mean the 2 people I gave the passes to never used them?

Also, since there is no identifying info on this page and only the QR codes on the passes themselves, how is anyone supposed to know which ones they gave away without any obvious identifiers...... for the majority of us who do not have the ability to read the QR codes.
its kind of inconsistent. I gave two of my three passes away, confirmed they were scanned and used at the MLL, but still display in my app as available.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: hahaha
24left
There are apps that read Aztec codes, the Android one I like is this one because it doesn't have an INTERNET permission https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you don't want to scan them to see their identifier, just download them carefully at the beginning of the year, I guess? What I did with my 25K and 75K profiles was download all five passes, rename them something different, and then keep track to which person I gave them to. Renamed them to the friends I'd give... mll_marcus1.pdf, mll_marcus2.pdf, mll_joey1.pdf

and THEN we encounter the problem where not all passes are used (my data points are: 1/3 passes at YVR TB are deleted, 1/4 passes at YVR Dom are deleted, 1/1 YYZ Dom, 1/1 YUL Dom), so I just say "Hey Joey, before you use your .pdf, can you try marcus2?"
24left and MasterTravellr like this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by asovse1
24left
There are apps that read Aztec codes, the Android one I like is this one because it doesn't have an INTERNET permission https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you don't want to scan them to see their identifier, just download them carefully at the beginning of the year, I guess? What I did with my 25K and 75K profiles was download all five passes, rename them something different, and then keep track to which person I gave them to. Renamed them to the friends I'd give... mll_marcus1.pdf, mll_marcus2.pdf, mll_joey1.pdf

and THEN we encounter the problem where not all passes are used (my data points are: 1/3 passes at YVR TB are deleted, 1/4 passes at YVR Dom are deleted, 1/1 YYZ Dom, 1/1 YUL Dom), so I just say "Hey Joey, before you use your .pdf, can you try marcus2?"
@asovse1
Awesome suggestions !!!! Thanks.
kalderlake likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.