Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Better Options for YYZ-BER on Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Better Options for YYZ-BER on Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
To answer the main question, forget points. Position to the US. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...biz-1500s.html
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by canadiancow
To answer the main question, forget points. Position to the US. https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...biz-1500s.html
Thanks. I think I'd rather not introduce more complexity from having 2 separate PNRs at this point (also did a quick search and didn't find the $1500 rate for the dates that I need).

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
MUC LH Senator/Business Lounges: no proof of vaccination requested, only the N95 mask requirement (I noticed that it has been added to their lounges page) https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/lounges
*** It is mandatory to wear a FFP2, KN95 or N95 facemask during your stay in the lounge, even if you have already been vaccinated. ***

FRA LH Senator/Business Lounges: proof of vaccination requested for entry, standard mask types permitted

It could change again in the coming weeks, but those were the rules last week.
The lounges page says: "Please note that in our lounges it is compulsory to wear a medical mask with the standard FFP2, KN95 and N95 or surgical masks."

Bolding mine. I hope surgical masks will suffice.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 15, 2021 at 12:59 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
The lounges page says: "Please note that in our lounges it is compulsory to wear a medical mask with the standard FFP2, KN95 and N95 or surgical masks."

Bolding mine. I hope surgical masks will suffice.
it should as long as it’s medical grade.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp

Last edited by PointWeasel; Jul 15, 2021 at 12:20 pm
Old Jul 15, 2021, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Not sure where you are seeing that. MUC does not say surgical masks where I am looking online nor what I experienced.

FRA Lounges come with this notation:

From June 16, the consumption of food and drinks is possible in the lounge again. For access, please register via luca app and have either a proof of vaccination, a negative corona test result (max.24h) or an evidence of recovery at hand.
I found it on the lounges page you linked me to.

Old Jul 15, 2021, 11:31 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
We're getting very far off topic here, so I'm going to ask that any further discussion on LH lounges be directed to the LH forum.

Adam Smith
AC Forum Co-Moderator
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

For those who care, I was able to switch to YYZ-FRA-BER all on LH.

Looking forward to this meal service and MILK with breakfast!
Bohemian1 and 24left like this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 10:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
For those who care, I was able to switch to YYZ-FRA-BER all on LH.
LH seems to be opening up trans-Atlantic inventory at short notice on YYZ-FRA, I’ve been tracking it lately and see seats in business open up only a couple of days before departure. There was a post about this recently: https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa...-class-awards/
Old Jul 29, 2021, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pilot007
LH seems to be opening up trans-Atlantic inventory at short notice on YYZ-FRA, I’ve been tracking it lately and see seats in business open up only a couple of days before departure. There was a post about this recently: https://onemileatatime.com/lufthansa...-class-awards/
Yeah I’ve noticed this too. And my flight only opened up 3-4 days before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.