Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Economy - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Economy - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Star Alliance Silver, Hilton Honors Gold, NEXUS GE
Anyone tried the Smoked Meat? Flying YYZ-LAX on a 789 on the 25th and it's showing up on my menu.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Thanks to a friend not on FT who sent me this and thanks to @MatthewLAX for the article. We know it's been available although I've only seen one person on a NB transcon in December actually order a hot meal.

Matthew noted that the hot meal option is not on the menu, but I see there is this line on the AC Bistro page "Delicious hot and cold meals for every taste on flights departing before 10 pm" https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...d/meals.html#/
Perhaps an oversight on the part of AC proof-readers.

Air Canada's Genius Meal Service Concept - February 23, 2022

https://liveandletsfly.com/air-canad...rvice-economy/

QUOTE:

"While the ability to pre-reserve meals is the best option, I particularly like this concept because it helps to ensure that all business class passengers receive their first choice of meal. By loading extra dishes, passengers in the last row of business class will rarely have to deal with the annoyance of one of the two choices no longer being available."
MatthewLAX and asovse1 like this.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 25, 2022 at 8:12 am Reason: edit
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Flynn58
Anyone tried the Smoked Meat? Flying YYZ-LAX on a 789 on the 25th and it's showing up on my menu.
Ask for extra packets of mustard.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 11:36 am

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Originally Posted by 24left
Thanks to a friend not on FT who sent me this and thanks to @MatthewLAX for the article. We know it's been available although I've only seen one person on a NB transcon in December actually order a hot meal.

Matthew noted that the hot meal option is not on the menu, but I see there is this line on the AC Bistro page "Delicious hot and cold meals for every taste on flights departing before 10 pm" https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...d/meals.html#/
Perhaps an oversight on the part of AC proof-readers.

Air Canada's Genius Meal Service Concept - February 23, 2022

https://liveandletsfly.com/air-canad...rvice-economy/

QUOTE:

"While the ability to pre-reserve meals is the best option, I particularly like this concept because it helps to ensure that all business class passengers receive their first choice of meal. By loading extra dishes, passengers in the last row of business class will rarely have to deal with the annoyance of one of the two choices no longer being available."
Back in the days of domestic widebody PE being offered as preferred seats, that, plus buying leftovers from the J menu and a Caesar was my “Poor Man’s J” routine on flights to/from Vancouver. Good memories.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: M-Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Aeroplan 50K, DragonPass, AMEX MR, NEXUS
Originally Posted by expert7700
yyz-hnl 789 - first dinner: 3 choices veal/chicken/pasta (reasonably fresh heat sealed roll). nanaimo bar, OR cheese, OR fruit course offered as dessert. Overheard FAs discussing what to do with all the extra desserts. One suggested making a second round, but they apparently decided against.

​​​​There was a second arrival dinner with 2 choices chicken/ravioli. Apparently the money saved skipping amenity kits paid for the second meal

hnl-yvr 789 - amenity kit plus small bag of krusty kernels almonds after departure. T-90min arrival meal was choice of french or english omelette with stale heat-sealed croissant. hand tied personal snack bag with lindt bar and mrs vaxxie's chips. PY cabin had a snack basket with KITKATS, but J cabin was not worthy.
​​​​​​
While I understand that YYZ-HNL is a NA flight, I still find it shocking that they can justify serving no meals in Y when it is 10 hours in length. It is great that they serve two meals in J, but to only give Y pax the option of BoB seems almost insane to me. When YYT-LHR was on the schedule, they would serve a snack shortly after takeoff and breakfast when we were approaching Ireland and that flight was only about 4 hours duration on the eastbound leg. Again, I recognize that it was still considered a TATL flight so that is why they had full meal service, but it is just interesting to see the contrast.

Just some "food" for thought.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by codfather
While I understand that YYZ-HNL is a NA flight, I still find it shocking that they can justify serving no meals in Y when it is 10 hours in length. It is great that they serve two meals in J, but to only give Y pax the option of BoB seems almost insane to me. When YYT-LHR was on the schedule, they would serve a snack shortly after takeoff and breakfast when we were approaching Ireland and that flight was only about 4 hours duration on the eastbound leg. Again, I recognize that it was still considered a TATL flight so that is why they had full meal service, but it is just interesting to see the contrast.

Just some "food" for thought.
We're doing this flight in early April, I agree 100% that the way they're treating this route as a North American flight is completely absurd. A 10hr flight and our only option in economy is Bistro? Ridiculous. We've put low-ball bids in for an upgrade to Business in hopes that they might pull through to hopefully get around this situation.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 8:36 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Oh, and welcome to FT @Goodeone!
Goodeone likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2022, 8:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC 163 YYZ-YEG

One of my recent flights was really interesting in terms of food in Y. Almost completely full and a mix of pax I had not seen on most previous flights on this route (I think quite a few were headed north on flights such as those with Suncor).

It was interesting to see when service started, the FA had a long list of names and told each person on the list what they were entitled to receive. Based on the looks on their faces (in the row nears mine), they did not know they would receive anything.

Quite a few were told they were entitled to a drink and a snack, so it seems this crew were ahead of the curve. (more on that later in the other thread)

There were also quite a few who received this as they were on Latitude fares. My seat mate didn't even know it was included. They were quite happy with the offering.

They asked if I wanted to take a photo mid-meal. Sure.

Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello,
Any information how I can get receipt for in flight purchase from Air Canada Bistro
Flight AC 143 (YYZ-YYC) - 25 May 2022
Flight AC 144 (YYC-YYZ) - 27 May 2022

Thank you
Old Jun 10, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by vibsftwr
Hello,
Any information how I can get receipt for in flight purchase from Air Canada Bistro
Flight AC 143 (YYZ-YYC) - 25 May 2022
Flight AC 144 (YYC-YYZ) - 27 May 2022

Thank you
It looks like you can get it by inputting your details on this page:

https://receipts.acdutyfree.com/
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello YVR4Ever,
It is working.
I was able to find and download receipt,

In the morning spend 2-2:30 hrs with customer service and they was not able to help

Thank you very much
Cheers
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I will be flying AC transborder into Canada and I am trying to figure out the meal options. When I go into my AC PNR (booked using UA miles), it does not show the Jérôme Ferrer options.

The only choice is a voucher. I guess the Jérôme Ferrer option is not offered? If I bought the $14.95 voucher (1 fresh meal option and 2 snack items (not all menu offerings are available on all flights)), can it be applied to the "first class leftover" option?

Also, is that USD or CAD? Both the US US$ and Canada CA$ websites say $14.95 ($10.49 + Tax). The menu itself does say "All purchases are charged in Canadian dollars. Sales taxes are not included in the prices and will be charged where applicable".

Thanks.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Pretzels and Water in Short Haul Economy

Flew YYZ to YUL today on a comfort fare and was looking forward to my Bogota. I was annoyed to hear the announcement that the flight had limited catering in economy so we would leave on time.

That made no sense because we were about an hour delayed and we were held at the gate while the crew sorted out a runway change.

A flight attendant confessed that all short hauls are being reduced to pretzels and water in Y for the time being. I cannot confirm or deny whether this is true but will have a better sample Friday after another short haul.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:23 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA PlatPro, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plat & LT Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
Flew YYZ to YUL today on a comfort fare and was looking forward to my Bogota. I was annoyed to hear the announcement that the flight had limited catering in economy so we would leave on time.

That made no sense because we were about an hour delayed and we were held at the gate while the crew sorted out a runway change.

A flight attendant confessed that all short hauls are being reduced to pretzels and water in Y for the time being. I cannot confirm or deny whether this is true but will have a better sample Friday after another short haul.
All flights sub 2 hrs is just water and snacks. Just a new "enhancement" to the service
Old Aug 23, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AC SEMM DL DM
Are they still doing the J leftovers for sale in Y thing?

Asking for a friend who's stuck on a Standard fare on a morning flight to San Francisco and is hoping to get a leftover omelet but the Y menu in the app doesn't make any mention of the leftover option anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.