Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by canadiancow
So they've just removed the meat, but not replaced it?
Yes.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by traacs
  • Flew YVR to YXE today
  • cheese plate had crackers real crackers but not in a package and they were soggy from moisture

I'm happy to report that the Signature round crackers are just as soggy. And as soon as I started to open my mouth, the SD said something like "they're soggy aren't they".

So, uh, yeah. Worst crackers ever.

Thanks for the warning. I was paying attention. I'm not happy.

I was also told very explicitly I can't have cheese and dessert unless someone declines dessert. Which is what I'm always told. I probed this, and was told they just don't get catered enough to give everyone cheese and dessert.

I miss the good old days 😂
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
AC116 YVR-YYZ

They ran out of the regular meal trays, but managed to put this together from a special meal:

Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Sep 03 AC8682 BWI-YYZ
Snack: Hummus plate
Perfectly acceptable snack, if a bit generic-tasting. Like the sort of stuff you get from store brands.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 12:09 pm

This was the cheese/fruit/vegetable tray on YYZ-YUL AC420. This was a 777 -- amusing side note it was the precise 777 I had just come off on DUB-YYZ, apparently they had towed it around.

Not really complaining but it was very strange combination of vegetables and fruit to serve with cheese.
Attached Images  
Carfield likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
No service AC224 YVR-YYC. First time on this route with a narrowbody where some sort of snack wasnt offered. Was a A319 (which I didnt know they still flew lol)!

Ive seen different variations of the cheese plate on the snack route - some with actual Brie cheese , grapes/veggies and another plate with deli meat cheese.

Deli cheese plate (gross)

Brie cheese plate with the veggies and grapes. Better.

Salmon snack with the potato salad. Reminds me of the cold salmon they used to serve on YWG-YYC on the CRA lol

Last edited by SKYEG; Sep 5, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
A bit late on this one, but I flew YYZ-YUL on AC426 (the one leaving at 20:00) Aug. 28. The snack was a choice of Miss Vickies or a Kit Kat, nothing plated. Is that typical for that time?
Old Sep 16, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Silver, UA Plat
AC569 SFO-YVR Sept-15

Great service on this short hop. No PDB (not sure if its normally a thing or not since I dont really fly AC). The chicken was very tasty and filling, there were no pomegranates on the salad.
the bread was warm!

Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:26 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
I was quite surprised when the SD on one of my flights went around the J cabin (before pushback) taking both meal AND first beverage orders. She appeared to be doing this based on status.

It's been a long while since I've seen that on AC.
The Lev likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis P/P
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
A bit late on this one, but I flew YYZ-YUL on AC426 (the one leaving at 20:00) Aug. 28. The snack was a choice of Miss Vickies or a Kit Kat, nothing plated. Is that typical for that time?
It seems that it may be some sort of a new standard on this route. I had this on AC433, WB flight departing YUL at 13:30.
Old Sep 19, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
It seems that it may be some sort of a new standard on this route. I had this on AC433, WB flight departing YUL at 13:30.
This has been the standard for years from 20:00>
Snack basket on Rapidair flights.

AC433? May be part of the short term adjustment due to catering staff constraints still occurring.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 19, 2022 at 7:37 am Reason: Fixed quote
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
YUL-ORD
CRJ-900
Business
September 2022
6 PM departure

Smoked salmon and tuna plate

Great service from the J FA on this flight, with frequent checks on passengers throughout the flight. Better catering than any U.S. airline on a fight of this length, particularly on an RJ. The Newfoundland gin was a nice touch also.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:15 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
That meal doesn't look half bad for an RJ. And the gin looks cool too!
metallo likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 7:13 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
YYZ-YVR and YVR-YYZ
Haven't had the cold breakfast in a long time and remembered that it was super tasty and filling.

Both salmon dishes were great as well

zkzkz likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 3:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Had a great SD (Helen) on YYZ-SFO last night. Very proactive, everyone addressed by name, lots of attention to detail.
Anyone know when the chicken tagine will be swapped for something new ? I have been on a few NA flights with a few more over the next few weeks and I am getting tired of the same thing.
Last nights chicken was ok, previous flight had half the chicken tasting like boiled chicken .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.