Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
July 2022
AC307 YUL-YVR
Dinner

Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;
Chicken or Gnocchi?

Travelling on AC607 on Thursday and wondering if anyone has had either of these dishes and could provide feedback?
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I had the gnocchi last month, and I really didn't enjoy it.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YULRvR
I apologize in advance if there's a proper place to post this, but I did do multiple searches involving "compensation" "complaints" etc... and couldn't find anywhere appropriate.

This weekend, I flew YUL-YYZ return with my wife and son. My wife doesn't "waste" e-ups on that route, but I'm a little e-up rich, so decided to e-up the family at the airport since it was a wide-body (333) and my son would experience a J Pod.. (Accidently booked Award Standard, so it cost me an additional $75ea. Lesson learned)
When we get on board, the SD announces that they will be offering water and pretzels. My son raises his eyebrows and says, "That's it?" I reassure him that he must be talking to the Y cabin. Sure enough, after takeoff, they come around and give everyone a small bag of pretzels, then come back with glasses and a large bottle of water to offer our drink. My son only got 1/3 of the small glass because the bottle was empty. Then they went up front to the galley, and close the curtains. They came back later to pick up glasses and wrappers before 10K feet.. That was our J experience.

Disappointed with the outbound, I decide to try again on the way home just me and my son this time... It was another wide-body. (777). We board and are offered a bottle of water right away. Things are looking up.. Then I see them preparing the KitKat basket... Again, no drinks.. They came out for service with a tray of prefilled water glasses, your choice of Kitkat, chips, almonds etc.. Then back up to the front to close the curtain... No apology, no explanation, just this is what we offer.
Also...

I know that times are very difficult right now, and it was probably due to a catering issue or something out of their control, but I'm out $375 and 25 e-ups.

1. Has anyone had experience with asking for some sort of compensation in a similar case?
2. What was your compensation (if any) or what should I expect as a response?

TIA,

RvR
I can't recall worse service than Rapidair wide-bodies. There are just too many people to serve. Even when there are no supply chain issues (etc.), at best you're getting a tray thrown at you and one drink.

Contrast that to some narrow-body YOW-YYZ flights (with full J cabins) where I've had time for a second snack, and finished an entire bottle of wine (by the glass).

I'd always expect the snack and a drink of my choice, but "eUpgrades are not guaranteed a meal" blah blah blah. No harm in writing in, because it's certainly good feedback. But I wouldn't expect much.
YULRvR, SKYEG, Bohemian1 and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I was asked to post this for a friend from his Jazz flight today

Some serious cost cutting on the brie & rest of the cheese plate. He said all plates were similar portions.
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Has anyone had a Child Meal lately? What kind of offerings are they?

thanks
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:13 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by expert7700

Some serious cost cutting on the brie & rest of the cheese plate. He said all plates were similar portions.
That's a lot of negative space. Truly worthy of a Michelin starred restaurant.
PTahCha, expert7700, m.y and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Originally Posted by TTC900Rocket
One can also preview what the meal or drink offerings will be on their flight through the AC app.
I flew YVR-YEG yesterday at 10:20am. the app said I'd get breakfast but instead I just got a smoked salmon snack. I think it was a catering error but I didn't ask. The app can't always be trusted.

​​​​
YULRvR likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
I'm already bored with the Ginger Chicken / Tortellini combo. Is the Chicken with Apple/Maple / Gnocchi the replacement or just available on some routes?
Benner likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
July 2022
AC108 YVR-YYZ
Breakfast

Appetizer:

I chose the omelette:

It was quite tasty, and the red pepper relish added a lot of flavor.
Jebby_ca likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
SFO-YYZ AC740 11:45AM PT departure A330

Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan Basic; BA Executive Club Blue;
Thanks! Will go with the chicken then!

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I had the gnocchi last month, and I really didn't enjoy it.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by expert7700

The YYC-YVR cheese plate snack thingy seems to even have more Brie but not by much lol
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG

Fruit was surprisingly fresh YYC-YVR. Omelette or omelette was the choice of course.

SE friend of mine actually finally got a choice of something other than omelette. Frittata or pancakes. Has all the same sides as the omelette though 😂
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Tit, HH Silver, BW Gold, Avis President's Club
Tried the much maligned gnocchi. I didn't think it was terrible at all. The guy next to me finished his, too.
Jebby_ca likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.