Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC Food & Beverage - Business Class - North America (Jul 2021 - ???)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2022, 10:21 am
pjs

Originally Posted by governorgeneral
Did exactly this when I was travelling with my 5 year old, he wanted the pizza instead of the chicken korma, and they were happy to oblige, no cost. Plus he also got the rest of the tray, in particular the brownie. YQR-YYZ:

Chicken korma, spinach curry, kale and quinoa salad, brownie
They didn’t have any other options for me but the bbq chicken wasn’t bad in the end.
[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/99f38edc-e0fb-4f93-b3c7-c8754c00113e[/img]
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:23 pm

Tried "Dine on Demand" for the very first time flying YYZ to YVR. Was hoping to push my meal to the latter half of the flight, since I had just gotten off a daytime long-haul flight that served a meal before landing and was hoping to take advantage of some recently setting-in sleepiness, as I did not manage to sleep at all on my first leg.

Flight attendant had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if Dine on Demand was possible, but finally confirmed it was about 30 mins into the flight during the first round of drink service, and gave me instructions to let them know 20-30 mins before I wanted to eat. With that, I went into sleep mode, and finally drifted off into a nice slumber.... only to be awoken by another FA nudging me with a tray of food in their hand some 15-20 minutes later during normal meal service. I was half in a daze, but managed to mumble something about having requesting to eat later to the FA serving the food, who went to check with the initial FA I placed my order/request with. They then came back and said something along the lines of, "well, the food is ready now, and it won't be very good if I set it aside and reheat it later"... then they unlatched my table and dumped my tray down. Wasn't provided with a table cloth, drink, or cutlery, and unfortunately only managed to stomach half of it since I was already full from the previous meal less than a couple hours earlier.

I'm sure this was just a simple miscommunication between the FAs. Didn't put up a fuss since I'm sure it is a PITA for them to heat food separately, but needless to say, I was not overly impressed. At the very minimum, I would've expected a simple apology from the FA who I placed my order/request with, as she was well aware of what happened, but she literally just carried on like it never did.
Carfield, yyznomad, SKYEG and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Denguin; Jun 2, 2022 at 7:47 pm
Old Jun 5, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: AC E35K. RAM GOLD/ OWS
Bad Veal on a plane? Surely not

AC119 YYZ-YVR on Tuesday.

I got excited seeing veal on the menu. It sounded great and I was a little hungover so I forgot to stick to a simple pasta and also lower my expectations!

it was awful.

broccoli was cooked to almost liquid form.

the little mushroom sauce I found was tasty.

The Thai chicken wraps in the Air Canada Cafe were infinitely better.

The wine and Kit Kats were on point though!
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC E75K, WJ Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Gold
YOW-YVR
Ginger chicken fried rice tasted a bit like lean cuisine...

Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:34 pm

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver Medallion
BOS-YYZ is blocked at 1:58. Will there be a meal service in J, or just a snack?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
If you look up the flight in the app (flight status tab) is says just a snack for business class.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
YYC-YWG
6/1

No options existed. It was would you like the pre-boxed smoked salmon and potato salad, or nothing. I chose nothing. [expletive removed] but absolutely pitiful.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:04 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
YYC-YWG
6/1

No options existed. It was would you like the pre-boxed smoked salmon and potato salad, or nothing. I chose nothing. [expletive removed] but absolutely pitiful.
Reminds me of one of my first J experiences (on YYZ-YUL).

FA: "Would you like something to eat?"
Me: "What are my options?"
FA: "Yes or no."
expert7700 and smuncky like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by talkeryxu
Reminds me of one of my first J experiences (on YYZ-YUL).
Sounds about right. I'd rather have the omelette for dinner, it's the one thing that AC can't F up.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
You're talking about shorthaul routes... They've never had more than one option. If you need something different, order the SPML.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:30 pm

Redeye menu
YVR-YYZ.
Only one main course choice.
yyznomad likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Denguin

I'm sure this was just a simple miscommunication between the FAs. Didn't put up a fuss since I'm sure it is a PITA for them to heat food separately, but needless to say, I was not overly impressed. At the very minimum, I would've expected a simple apology from the FA who I placed my order/request with, as she was well aware of what happened, but she literally just carried on like it never did.
You're too kind.
But everything is always your fault, always. That's AC's new motto.
Denguin likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 2:04 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
The only full (tray) meal would be a hot breakfast falling within the prescribed breakfast period. Looks like currently that would apply only to the 0600 departure.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Denguin
I've found this "DoD" to be hit or miss. Sometimes it works flawlessly, other times they'd agree but forget about it afterwards. Never encountered an FA who was unaware of that offering, though.

Last time I tried this was YVR-EWR just pre-covid. Was full from the lounge and tired from a 4am wakeup call. Still woken up during regular meal service. At least the SD was extremely apologetic.
Denguin likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
YYC-YWG
6/1

wow I used to fly this route 10x+ a year and they used to have a cold but solid full meal on the CRJ. It was pretty impressive for a sub 2 hour flight on an RJ. Sad to see the downgrade..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.