Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite

Multi city booking with points only allows selection of 2 flights. I want to look at YVR-LIS-LHR-YVR. Has anyone figured out how to put that kind of itinerary together on the new site?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E75, WS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, GHA Plat, UA Silver, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by ac/elite
Multi city booking with points only allows selection of 2 flights. I want to look at YVR-LIS-LHR-YVR. Has anyone figured out how to put that kind of itinerary together on the new site?
New Ap works with One way bound logic as pricing is all one way,

You do Multi city with YVR - LIS, LIS - LHR, then book another tix for LHR - YVR (you can add another stop over if needed)
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap
You do Multi city with YVR - LIS, LIS - LHR, then book another tix for LHR - YVR (you can add another stop over if needed)
One way with stopover is not working for the promised 5000 miles - its simply adding the two legs searched.

Asia is looking dire. Anything involving AC TPAC is >200k in J

Mixed cabin itineraries popping up where 4% is in business (something like EWR-YYZ on a ticket from India), with no ability to filter out
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by rankourabu
One way with stopover is not working for the promised 5000 miles - its simply adding the two legs searched.

Mixed cabin itineraries popping up where 4% is in business (something like EWR-YYZ on a ticket from India), with no ability to filter out
I found YVR-TYO for 90K return in J, on AC metal, or 38K in PE if you burn a Priority.

YYZ-HKG for 138K return, again AC metal.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jugaadkabaap

Originally Posted by rankourabu

Thanks jugaadkabaap. That makes sense. However, in practice I'm running into the issue that rankourabu raises.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:18 pm

Anybody see how we can add stopovers online?

Also, does anybody know if the lowest level AP credit cards allow for discounts on redemptions? Or is it just the mid-level and premium ones?
Old Nov 9, 2020, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sameruval
Anybody see how we can add stopovers online?

Also, does anybody know if the lowest level AP credit cards allow for discounts on redemptions? Or is it just the mid-level and premium ones?
They all get something, but we don't have nearly enough data points to suggest how much.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Are stopovers not implemented currently? I am looking at SFO-TYO-SIN, stopover in TYO. This routing is ~8400 miles, all partners, direct ANA flights. It should be 85k (SFO-SIN) + 5k (stopover) but it's pricing as two separate segments of 75k + 45k = 120k?

Using multi-city to search as it seems to be the only way to accomplish this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by nexusCFX
Are stopovers not implemented currently? I am looking at SFO-TYO-SIN, stopover in TYO. This routing is ~8400 miles, all partners, direct ANA flights. It should be 85k (SFO-SIN) + 5k (stopover) but it's pricing as two separate segments of 75k + 45k = 120k?

Using multi-city to search as it seems to be the only way to accomplish this.
getting the same result too. looking at YVR-HND/HND-SYD vs YVR-HND-SYD on NH. YVR-HND/HND-SYD prices at 100k (55k YVR-HND + 45K HND-SYD) whereas YVR-HND-SYD is 85k as published. shouldn't it be 90k? wonder if calling in will solve the issue....
Old Nov 10, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I scrolled back a few pages don't see this mentioned. Does anyone know when Multi-cities will be working? So far with points I am only getting a two-leg option for multi-cities and on a one-way itinerary with a stop-over it seems to be charging full points for each leg.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: AP, MP
I can’t figure out how to book a stopover ow flight? I tried multi city, but it charges as two separate OW?

also, where do you manage your household accounts?
Old Nov 11, 2020, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by ohliuw
I can’t figure out how to book a stopover ow flight? I tried multi city, but it charges as two separate OW?

also, where do you manage your household accounts?
I called in and asked about adding a stopover in FCO to my YUL ATH booking for next year. I was told that this would be an additional 5K points per ticket to whatever each segment adds up to. The agent stated that adding only 5K points would be amazing but that isn't the way it works. I guess I totally misunderstood this whole new stopover thing.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Steveman
I called in and asked about adding a stopover in FCO to my YUL ATH booking for next year. I was told that this would be an additional 5K points per ticket to whatever each segment adds up to. The agent stated that adding only 5K points would be amazing but that isn't the way it works. I guess I totally misunderstood this whole new stopover thing.
Two possibilities.

1. The agent doesn't understand the rules
2. You booked this before the 6th, and thought you would only have to pay 5k to add a stopover, but the whole thing needs to be re-priced under the new rules

It's unclear to me when you booked this from your post.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:23 am

The agent called her support line and was given the information I stated here.
I booked my flight to ATH online yesterday.

I am hoping the agent was wrong. I'll try calling back in to see if I can get a different agent and result.

Thank you.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Steveman
The agent called her support line and was given the information I stated here.
I booked my flight to ATH online yesterday.

I am hoping the agent was wrong. I'll try calling back in to see if I can get a different agent and result.

Thank you.
The agent is definitely wrong then.

Otherwise, you're paying A-B + B-C + stopover cost. Why not just book two one-ways, A-B and B-C, to save 5k?

Here's my opinion: I'm not even calling to cancel an old booking, because they're learning all this new stuff, and it's not worth my time yet. I'm waiting at least a week before making simple requests. Probably a month before trying to book anything that can't be done online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.