Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complex Multi-City Points Bookings, Stopovers & Adding Segments (Aeroplan 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:01 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
New to AC stopovers. I was looking to book open jaw stop over in europe, is that even possible ? Here is the itinerary- DEL-FRA(45k available on AI) /MAD-YYZ(56k available on AC). 3760+3800 miles=7560 . Shouldn't this cost 90k +5k? or am I doing something wrong . I tried to stop in MAD with first segments in EI but thats costing even more

Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
An open jaw is not a stopover. That's two bounds.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Originally Posted by canadiancow
An open jaw is not a stopover. That's two bounds.
Ok , tried to do a stop over in LHR , its just adding both sectors 60k+56k
Old Sep 27, 2022, 12:24 pm

I have been out of the game for almost 3 years so apologies for being rusty.

Simple ticket, TPE-YVR. 50K standard economy, 82K latitude economy, 75K standard partner business if available.

Does Aeroplan still allow change of cabin on the same flight without a change fee if I book economy? Or do I have to pay $90 to change from economy to biz on the same flight same day?

Alternatively, if I book a latitude fare, can I downgrade and change it to a standard economy award 2-3 hours before my flight and get miles back? Or get miles back if I get a 75K J standard award?

Family of 4, so I'm thinking of booking 2 bookings of 2 people each in case there are fewer than 4 seats available, or can an itinerary be split after the initial booking?
Old Sep 29, 2022, 6:13 pm

Ran into an issue today, have a round trip booking, where I wanted to drop the outbound, and keep the inbound.

Asked previously, and it sounded like this should be doable, with a refund of the outbound points/taxes, but the agent I called today mentioned that since it's a round trip booking my only options are to cancel the entire booking, or change the outbound to a different date, but have to maintain same city pair. There's no way to change the trip to drop the outbound segments.

Is this simply a case of HUACA or is this in fact not doable?

Last edited by pentiumvi; Sep 29, 2022 at 6:41 pm
Old Sep 30, 2022, 6:55 am

Is there a reason why YVR to HKG via tpe never shows up as an option, even though the individual flights are? Whether one way or trying to use the stopover function, I get convoluted routing through Seoul or Tokyo, instead of Eva air

When using the stopover function it shows no flights found, but when booking the individual segments as multi city it does work, albeit at the higher price instead of the stopover pricing
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:07 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I've got an existing Latitude Economy award booking with confirmed e-Upgrades to J for DXB-YYZ-DEN, all AC metal. Price was 87.5k plus 73 CAD in taxes.

I'm considering adding a connecting flight in from ZNZ, likely via MCT on Oman Air. Aeroplan website is showing availability both in Y and J.

Two questions:
1) Would I be jeopardizing the confirmed upgrades by making this change?

2) How do I go about calculating the new cost of this award? Presumably the latitude award on the long second (needed to bypass that eUpgrade surcharge) would be substantial.

Status is 75k with AC, if that matters.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Roaming Ryan
1) Would I be jeopardizing the confirmed upgrades by making this change?
Yes, definitely. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if there's no more R space (and you don't want to go back on the waitlist), I don't think I'd take the chance.

Originally Posted by Roaming Ryan
2) How do I go about calculating the new cost of this award? Presumably the latitude award on the long second (needed to bypass that eUpgrade surcharge) would be substantial.
Uh... call and ask?

You could also consider just booking the other flight as a new redemption. But I'd want substantially more than MCT to attempt that.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:31 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Yes, definitely. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if there's no more R space (and you don't want to go back on the waitlist), I don't think I'd take the chance.

Uh... call and ask?

You could also consider just booking the other flight as a new redemption. But I'd want substantially more than MCT to attempt that.
Thanks for the advice. I'm also thinking its not worth the risk and just creating a separate booking.

Aeroplan charges 45k + $100-ish for ZNZ-MCT-DXB in J. Alternatively, revenue Y is $318 ai. As much as I'm tempted to try out Oman Air J, it might not be worth the effort this time around.
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:32 pm

Oh, I guess MCT is a bit ambiguous here. I was referring to "minimum connection time".
Old Sep 30, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Oh, I guess MCT is a bit ambiguous here. I was referring to "minimum connection time".
What were the odds of that
Old Sep 30, 2022, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
Is there a reason why YVR to HKG via tpe never shows up as an option, even though the individual flights are? Whether one way or trying to use the stopover function, I get convoluted routing through Seoul or Tokyo, instead of Eva air

When using the stopover function it shows no flights found, but when booking the individual segments as multi city it does work, albeit at the higher price instead of the stopover pricing
In the end I had a problem with payment so had to call in anyways. Agent ended up repricing it from 58k separate legs to 55k based on stopover rules
kalderlake likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:39 pm

I’m trying to book JFK-GVA-AUH-BKK for 4 people, all on partner airlines. At the moment , only 2 seats are available in J for AUH-BKK., and 2 in Y.

can I book 2 pax all in J and 2 in J except the last leg in Y and then if J opens up for the AUH-BKK leg , call in to switch from Y to J? Is this possible with Aeroplan 2.0?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:33 pm

Sure. Separate PNRs for people in different cabins, and pay the change fee if you want to change anything.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:45 am

As it turns out, it seems like the route GVA-AUH-BKK is a married segment so it has to be GVA-(J)-AUH-(J)-BKK or GVA-(Y)-AUH-(Y)-BKK... EY doesn't allow GVA-(J)-AUH-(Y)-BKK

However, what's weird is that it allows: GVA-(F)-AUH-(Y)-BKK????

back to the drawing board

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.